• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind our USAF isn't the sharpest tack. They ran the same flight plan for days for the F-117 which is the primary reason it got shot down. If we're stupid enough to not use the tactics for which it was designed, we'll lose both F-35 and F-22 which would be a MASSIVE fuck up.
Maybe they shot 1 down. And yes mistakes were made. One of the big ones also being lack of a jammer aircraft. For whatever reason they were’t in the sky that night.

F-117 also flew around 800 sorties,around 450 of them were successful.

Pilot survived. Thats not too shabby given the environment they were flying in.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Keep in mind our USAF isn't the sharpest tack. They ran the same flight plan for days for the F-117 which is the primary reason it got shot down. If we're stupid enough to not use the tactics for which it was designed, we'll lose both F-35 and F-22 which would be a MASSIVE fuck up.
Can’t argue that was some supermegarerarded level shit to follow that same exact route night after night (plus i think something was wrong with that bird that also contributed to the shoot down, but don’t quote me) but think of all the sorties conducted to date across all the theatres we’ve been engaged w/the f117, its just one lost aircraft.

Not saying we’re perfect (exhibit A: mishap in the south china sea w/a navy f35c) but from a force-on-force perspective as well as at the individual platform level, we are still ahead of anyone else on balance.

If we dont fully fund the f35, B21, pca/ngad/f/axx, LRSO and other major recapitalization programs and get this woke/leftist fucking mind set out of our armed forces, we will be passed by.

274680991_1289326444929666_2966224065818855757_n.jpg

The video was cut short, there’s another beginning half. Supposedly Russians in Ukrainian uniforms stole a truck, a Ukrainian ambushed and stopped(shot) them from behind a car, this vehicle was probably going by when it happened and sped off. So guy in the tank was probably headed to back up his buddies but sees the car fleeing assuming it was the shooter, and took them out.

Not saying it was right, but the propaganda is running wild the last few days. Also the Ukrainian was said to have drug the truck driver out and finished him off.
:ROFLMAO: I've been following the Donbas war very closely for 7 years. The bullshit that comes out of Ukraine is so bad on both sides - Kiev and the separatists both. It's like listening to a 5 year old lie about who broke something. I really think that the Ukrainian minister of propaganda writes his press releases in crayon, and then his secretary types them up for him. So, while not impossible that this is true, the fact that you hear these long excuse stories coming from there all the time makes me doubt it.

occams razor.

a Ukrainian vehicle driven by it's owner fucked up and had an accident.

or

The video was cut short, there’s another beginning half. Supposedly Russians in Ukrainian uniforms stole a truck, a Ukrainian ambushed and stopped(shot) them from behind a car, this vehicle was probably going by when it happened and sped off. So guy in the tank was probably headed to back up his buddies but sees the car fleeing assuming it was the shooter, and took them out.

:LOL:

Which missle is it firing that is capable of that close range?

Not saying either of y’all are wrong, I could definitely be wrong, but from what I understand about close in wvr fights the f35 is not your weapon of choice. Legacy fighters should beat in within those parameters.
You are missing the point. The real point is asymmetrical warfare - AW. This is not a video game. This is not the 1900's. AW is having the overwhelming ability to kill the other guy most of the time without the other guy ever seeing you and even if the other guy sees you, he's dead already.

This is not a pissing contest. Matters not whether X or Y can beat an F35 in a knife fight, which by the way it does so very well. We don't fight that way anymore. US planes have not shot down any other aircraft in a turn and burn contest in over 40 years. The name of the game is Situational Awareness....

But it's best if you "hear" it from the horses mouth:

:ROFLMAO: I've been following the Donbas war very closely for 7 years. The bullshit that comes out of Ukraine is so bad on both sides - Kiev and the separatists both. It's like listening to a 5 year old lie about who broke something. I really think that the Ukrainian minister of propaganda writes his press releases in crayon, and then his secretary types them up for him. So, while not impossible that this is true, the fact that you hear these long excuse stories coming from there all the time makes me doubt it.

occams razor.

a Ukrainian vehicle driven by it's owner fucked up and had an accident.

or

:LOL:
I watched the video, I’m just not going through two days of history to find it again. The storyabout the stolen truck and finishing off the truck driver was in the description, the rest is possibilities.you see the truck driver ambushed in the beginning of the video.

Funker found the real unedited video and posted it, the version I saw showed the tank from a camera Dow the road and left you guessing some. He was engaged with small arms and “lost control”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darayavaus
if i remember that test was before they let the F-35 pull max G's

i could be wrong
the F-35s advantage is in combat beyond visual range. A system like the Irbis cannot get a lock on them under battlefield conditions until long past the point where the F35 can lock, so the advantage goes to the stealth plane. But when it comes to direct, close range fighting, the Su35 will eat it's lunch. Even the F16 has.

What amazes me is when you watch these videos and see some random dude bumbling down the road in his VW stationwagon on his way to work.

Yup seen the same in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Armenia.

Strategic timing.

March CPI inflation numbers about to be released.

FJB admin has interest in inflation numbers being low. Oil and energy sanction would drive up inflation numbers and lead to a bigger rate hike which could lead to recession.

Scary to think about what has happened in the past during previous European land grabs. Putin wanting that sweet sweet Ukrainian nat gas money at a time when the us has their hands tied behind their backs to sanction Russian energy sector

Reactions: Davo308
pretty sure this says merkel was robbed by a migrant, hahahaha. @TheGerman might verify for me cause my deutsch ist nicht gut.

Well the title says Merkel was robbed in a grocery store, so LOL

But also says her purse wasn't on her person when it was stolen.

Not saying it was right, but the propaganda is running wild the last few days. Also the Ukrainian was said to have drug the truck driver out and finished him off.

You can tell the guy over steered and lost basically all traction on the tank and then just skidded.

“It’s one of the worst airplanes we’ve ever designed for a lot of reasons. But the most important reason is because it was compromised by having to three different jobs. You can never make a good airplane if you don’t focus on a single job, single mission.”

– Pierre Sprey

They're supposedly negotiating a ceasefire right now. I can't imagine this going on for much longer.

You can tell the guy over steered and lost basically all traction on the tank and then just skidded.

Hahahahaha we fast furious in tank now oh shitski *crunch*

And then the guy in the car somehow survived being squashed.

Plus all the other locals just driving right on by as if it's somebody with a flat tire.

They're supposedly negotiating a ceasefire right now. I can't imagine this going on for much longer.

Where did you read that?

I mean, the Russian's timetable was absolutely fucked after Day 1, but I wouldn't think Plan A not working would have them thinking ceasefire at all because...why?

The real mission fail as far as planning for the Russians would be where it got to a point that they could not take and hold the air fields/air ports they need (especially Kiev) to then extend their logistical chain and not have to 'long ball' resupply from Belarus or Russia as well as have in theatre CAS instead of having them fly sorties from out of country. That leads to a whole other issue with guarding over 200 miles of logistical supply route from Russia and 250 miles from Belarus. But that's a whole other thing.

Also a few things that have made no sense to me so far unless they magically became available today and I didn't see them:

- There are nowhere near enough videos and people live streaming things, pictures, etc. We saw 10x the amount posted and streamed from just bullshit like BLM riots. Extremely odd. Everything they show is the same fucking 8 clips. There are now more fake videos from video games than there are real ones at this point.

- Extremely low impact of infrastructure either through combat or sabotage. I think they've blown ONE whole bridge? Cars still driving around Kiev like every ones going to work on a Friday? You had 1+ years of preparation for an enemy who you knew where they would advance from and there's been basically nothing you've prepared to sabotage?

- As of yesterday there was around 130 casualties noted. What? So either the Russians are seeing heavy resistance and taking casualties and/or the Ukrainians are in heavy fighting successfully slowing the Russian advance down; yet, 130 casualties? Are we actually fighting a war or is this like 5 tanks and some random guys in the woods with rifles shouting Wolverines? Makes absolutely no sense.

- Every report of a downed/blown up vehicle has had 0 casualties. Even the helo's that went down. Is this live action GIJoe where everyone is shooting lasers and shit at each other, blows shit up and no one ever dies?

There's a few things so far that just make zero sense.

Look the F35 is a badass jet but FFS.

They've spent about 350bil on the F35 development program and another 60-70bil on the actual jets themselves (they are costing about 100mil each realistically). I don't even wanna try to figure out what they are spending on the training and maintenance which doesn't figure into those above numbers.

So napkin math time, they've spent the equivalent of 4,500 F15EXs to get 700 F35s (the F15EX program was 190mil).

America funded this invasion by shutting down our own energy production to switch over purchasing Russian Oil. The sanctions that the government is selling is just to convince us and other countries that we are with the Ukrainian people. Personally sanctioning Putin which has roughly 100-200 BILLION is actually funny, but that's what you get from the snake oil salesmen which we call our government.

Strategic timing.

March CPI inflation numbers about to be released.

FJB admin has interest in inflation numbers being low. Oil and energy sanction would drive up inflation numbers and lead to a bigger rate hike which could lead to recession.

Scary to think about what has happened in the past during previous European land grabs. Putin wanting that sweet sweet Ukrainian nat gas money at a time when the us has their hands tied behind their backs to sanction Russian energy sector

Don't forget the jobs report, where he will try.and spin recovered jobs as new jobs.

They've spent about 350bil on the F35 development program and another 60-70bil on the actual jets themselves (they are costing about 100mil each realistically). I don't even wanna try to figure out what they are spending on the training and maintenance which doesn't figure into those above numbers.

So napkin math time, they've spent the equivalent of 4,500 F15EXs to get 700 F35s (the F15EX program was 190mil).

Have they even figured out how to re-write the program for the gun/cannon on it to fire correctly? I remember reading a few years ago that the gun didn't even work because of the software and it was going to take some retarded amount of money to 'fix'.

So how many bitcoins to buy and mantain one?

Reactions: BCP
There's a Ukrainian spokesman saying so on Twitter. A bunch of news articles are claiming the same thing.

I'm wondering if what we are seeing is the actual strength of the current Russian Army.

Invasion?

*laughs in von Mannstein*

Basically already developed, I bet if you went and ran the numbers for the development cost in the 60s and 70s. Adjusted for inflation, there’s not much difference.

I’m not sitting here saying the program was not expensive. It is, it’s the biggest single program but it also actually developed three different aircraft. It replaces multiple different aircraft so if you add together development cost of the Av-8, F 18, F 16,F 15,F 117. Now you’re starting to get into some numbers that are more representative of what it’s actually replacing.

A lot of the media that you see about this thing is from people who want to destroy the strength of our military... don’t buy their bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.