• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the ''Snake Island'' story was fake all 82 Ukrainian soldiers surrendered, none killed or wounded.

Obviously paraded for the cameras , considering that the story of supposed last stand on Snake Island was widely published

Othervise its becoming hard to find up to date footage as soo much stuff is being recycled and both sides are in full propaganda mode.

do you have any other links for that? my browser is blocking it

do you have any other links for that? my browser is blocking it
Some links unfortunately do not work when i post them

1645866091_snimok.jpg

Reactions: Darayavaus
So, if we were being invaded while Russia was taking the Ukraine and China is taking Taiwan and we are invaded here at home and Biden asks you to take up arms, what you gonna do?
Nobody would need to order me to "take up arms" in such a situation. However, our president is our president and, of course, I would respond properly.

This site is the "Sniper's Hide" yet we have no discussion/footage/photos of actual wartime snipers engaging in their craft? I guarantee there are Ukrainian precision riflemen (and women) doing some good work in numerous locales.

You can't believe Russian MSM any more than domestic MSM, but the Ukrainian story was constructed based on 5-second clip that showed a soldier ducking fire while saying go fuck yourself.

Here they literally paraded the crew from Snake Island for the cameras in one of the Crimea harbors and brought all the domestic press along for the show. Can of course be all made with actors. I am actually surprised Russians even bothered with going to the island in middle of nowhere that could not take part in a fight anyway.

Previously a Romanian island that Soviets took in 1944
template-toj-snake.jpg

kartachm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Darayavaus
You can't but Ukrainian story was made based on 5 second clip that showed a soldier ducking fire while saying go fuck yourself .

Here they literally paraded the crew from Snake Island for the cameras in one of the Crimea harbors and brought all the domestic press alonf dor the show. Can of course be all made with actors. But seriosly Ukrainan version was absolute BS , i am actualy supprised Russians even bothered with going to the island in middle of nowhere that could not take part in a fight anyway.

template-toj-snake.jpg

kartachm.jpg
Maybe they didn't but had to come up with a response to the "patriotic" Ukrainian version.

I don't trust anything coming from either side.

let
dont forget the foreign debt china holds and can all it in any time it chooses
let china call it in... The FED will just print more money to pay it, so, technically, all that debt is worthless. and yea, the people in the USA get screwed as well with all that 'quantitative easing'

I owe you a hundred dollars, I print 1,000 and pay you, your 100 dollars back. In reality, I only paid you 10 bucks, and thanks for the 100.

I was posted to Moscow in 1988, Helsinki was the R&R location.

I found myself in Helsinki on their Independence Day some point first half of December.

I got invited back to a house to continue to celebrate when "The Hot Apple" closed or got boring.

The Finns felt the Russian presence and appreciated America, 1988 was so innocent.

Next morning I got up to a giant Scandinavian breakfast of smoked fish and stuff, I met the old man.

The girl explained I was a soldier and being prideful I had to correct them and claim Marine.

The father started making machine gun noise and saying "Roos" and the daughters explained he was in the war.

Kind of shrunk my USMC in peacetime pride to be with a warrior.

Right? Russia invaded Poland and Finland about the time the Nazis did and that began WW2. Eastern Europe has not forgotten that.

15K Finns wiped out 150k Soviets in a week and held them off for years.

Before that in the 20s the Finnish farmers fought the Civil War and wiped out the Communists supported by the Soviets.

Reactions: Davo308
I don't speak it but I have friends who do. I'll ask later. But the tank looks to be there deliberately, in a "hull down" position
Latest videos show Russians parking in brush and heavy trees. Hill down stuff in open terrain is just asking for a shot from a javelin

I am having trouble getting accurate battlefield updates from Ukraine. Youtube is full of complete bullshit right now - short videos that show nothing, but have some ridiculous narrative attached to them, which the video does not support.

Here is a guy who in the past has been proven to get accurate info. He is a pro-Russian source though, so if you can get through that, you may see some good hard data.

https://thesaker.is/russian-operation-in-the-ukraine-end-of-day-2/
Sure. He’s right there with the fighting. And he’s an expert in Russian and Russian military and has operated just like you.

I prefer the drive and then workout from there. Start with top post then work down through comments. Twitter and instagram have some folks posting first person videos.

Reactions: Ravenworks and BCP
You can't believe Russian MSM any more than domestic MSM, but the Ukrainian story was constructed based on 5-second clip that showed a soldier ducking fire while saying go fuck yourself.

Here they literally paraded the crew from Snake Island for the cameras in one of the Crimea harbors and brought all the domestic press along for the show. Can of course be all made with actors. I am actually surprised Russians even bothered with going to the island in middle of nowhere that could not take part in a fight anyway.

Previously a Romanian island that Soviets took in 1944
all of the Ukrainian stuff I have seen are "narratives" without photo evidence. I've seen a few dozen destroyed AFV's that may or may not be russian, a half dozen prisoners taken (mainly airborne and recon, who are going to be way out on a limb) and several destroyed aircraft. And be sure that the Ukrainians are going to take pics and publicize EVERYTHING they can. On the other hand, Russian servicemen got burned for posting photos in the past and that kind of thing was cracked down on since then.

this is all normal attrition in an action of this size.

At the same time that the Ukranians are reporting to have wiped out vast numbers of Russians, they say "fighting 20 miles N of Kiev" and then 2 hours later "fighting in the outskirts of Kiev"

You have to read between the lines when it comes to propaganda.

Next question was why they didn't have defensive weapon on the island?

It's a radio relay, weather and radar reporting station monitoring naval traffic in the black sea, located 35 miles from the coast. A modern day lighthouse.

WTF did you expect them to put there? The USS Missouri?

Any offensive asset placed there would be just as easily wiped out as the radar station by a determined attacker.

lol. yeah, no shit:

Fact-checkers warn of old footage being falsely associated with Ukraine invasion
Multiple videos and images circulating on social media were taken in previous years and are not linked with the Russian invasion of Ukraine, various fact-checkers and journalists report.

there is old footage, footage from Syria and Georgia, even video game footage being circulated now.

all of the Ukrainian stuff I have seen are "narratives" without photo evidence. I've seen a few dozen destroyed AFV's that may or may not be russian, a half dozen prisoners taken (mainly airborne and recon, who are going to be way out on a limb) and several destroyed aircraft. And be sure that the Ukrainians are going to take pics and publicize EVERYTHING they can. On the other hand, Russian servicemen got burned for posting photos in the past and that kind of thing was cracked down on since then.

At the same time that the Ukranians are reporting to have wiped out vast numbers of Russians, they say "fighting 20 miles N of Kiev" and then 2 hours later "fighting in the outskirts of Kiev"

99+% of video and photo material comes from local residents, due to popularity and lack of moderation most gets posted on Telegram,Vkontakte social networks that are widely used by Ukrainians even tough Ukraine baned VK some time ago. For me browsing VK is simpler than Telegram as 'auto translate' works quite well i am not quite certain why that is not the case with Telegram, but i find telegram channels offer more raw material that is then recycled in other media.

Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt as you say there are often narratives posted with the materials which is quite understandable for the given situation.

Reactions: OldSalty2
This site is the "Sniper's Hide" yet we have no discussion/footage/photos of actual wartime snipers engaging in their craft? I guarantee there are Ukrainian precision riflemen (and women) doing some good work in numerous locales.
Typically SF folks don't do photo shoots. Lol

Reactions: JakeM

Would you prefer your information in the form of a intel brief? Great way to fall asleep.

I am sure the Ukrainian President regrets his prior stance on opposing the legalization of privately owned firearms.

People usually do when its too late.

Something our own politicians would do well to remember.
I wouldn't be surprised if they ask civilians to return the guns once it's over.

While the Ukrainian army is still on the ground in Kyiv unfortunately armed civilians have resulted in a number of blue on blue incidents and so far resulted in mostly dead Ukrainians , that might change if Russians actually come into downtown Kiev.

A gun truck ambushed in downtown Kyiv, first the story was , they were Russians in a stolen truck and stolen uniforms,but it turned out they were Ukrainian army.

FMcvZcvXMAY4G9D.jpg

Video of the incident check redit as its being removed

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if they ask civilians to return the guns once it's over.

While the Ukrainian army is still on the ground in Kyiv unfortunately armed civilians have resulted in a number of blue on blue incidents and so far resulted in mostly dead Ukrainians , that might change if Russians actually come into downtown Kiev.

A gun truck ambushed in downtown Kyiv, first the story was , they were Russians in a stolen truck and stolen uniforms,but it turned out they were Ukrainian army.

FMcvZcvXMAY4G9D.jpg

it happens, it's war. no way they get all the guns back and no way the populace allows it now. They will create a civil militia force knowing that hostilities can erupt at any time. No way you put that genie back in the bottle. my opinion on this anyway

I agree they will not get the guns back but i think they will ask for them anyway.

I agree they will not get the guns back but i think they will ask for them anyway.
they may yes but if smart, let the populace keep them but form trained civil defense corp with mandatory practice etc.. That close to Russia, that is exactly what I would do

99+% of video and photo material comes from local residents, due to popularity and lack of moderation most gets posted on Telegram,Vkontakte social networks that are widely used by Ukrainians even tough Ukraine baned VK some time ago. For me browsing VK is simpler than Telegram as 'auto translate' works quite well i am not quite certain why that is not the case with Telegram, but i find telegram channels offer more raw material that is then recycled in other media.

Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt as you say there are often narratives posted with the materials which is quite understandable for the given situation.
exactly. and since the people taking random pics and posting them are Ukrainian, that's why we have the Ukrainian narrative right now.

not that the Russian narrative is easy to find, even when it is out there.

FMcvZcvXMAY4G9D.jpg

yeah, some of us went back and forth on that yesterday. I thought the "secret Russian Saboteur" fairy tale was pretty ridiculous. It shows how those videos are nothing but snippets without context, but they always have long fictional narratives with them.

If Ukraine is not under Russian control after this, the EU or Council of Europe, or whatever, will demand that they get them back. Their relationship with Ukraine has always been "our rules or else"

Remember what happened with Anatoly Onoprienko, the mass murderer of at least 52 people. People all over Ukraine wanted to see the axe in his head. Europe ordered Ukraine to stop the execution and said if you want to join us, you have to do what we say or else.
ukraine won't be able to join nato after this. I also think Putin cannot afford a failure here so I expect to see more troops and harsher tactics brought by the Russians to subdue the country. No way can he let them win this which means he may become more erratic

Reactions: Davo308
So far Russia has committed 1/3 to 1/2 of the forces amassed on the Ukrainian border. I'm not sure what they're holding the rest back for, but they have plenty more available.

From what can be discerned only about 40 BTG are involved so far so about 1/3 of the force around the borders

So this is Putin asking nicely?
So far the official policy of the invasion is minimal damage to the Ukrainian population and nonmilitary infrastructure.

You are not seeing any airstrikes or any frontal aviation at all. , mostly helicopter CAS and cruise missile strikes

Reactions: ken226
From what can be discerned only about 40 BTG are involved so far so about 1/3 of the force around the borders
well that was a tactical mistake as the populace is becoming more armed by the day and now munitions aid is on the way. He should have kept 1/5 in reserve, being so close to home border, and overwhelmed them as the strikes were occurring. I'm actually surprised by the inability of the Russians to overwhelm them

I have no idea, but so far their strategy seems odd.

Iraq in 2003 had a similar size population and military to Ukraine, albeit not as modern, well equipped and without all the western ammo and weapons that Ukraine has been given. The US invaded with 200,000 and took almost a month to finish up in Baghdad.

Russia appears to have invaded with 1/3 of that force and were in Kiev after 3 days, having left alot of Ukrainian assets at their backs. Perhaps a second, then maybe third wave?

I'm not sure what the plan is, but it'll probably involve those forces left at the border at some point.

I also think the restraints they put on the Invasion will bite them in the ass ,media war is lost cause anyway, so bunch more troops and firepower wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: ken226
I also think the restraints the put on the Invasion ill bit them in the ass ,media war is lost cause anyway, so bunch more troops and firepower wouldn't hurt.
Pure speculation on my part so take w/a lot of salt but perhaps putin is secretly afraid of us getting involved if Russia is seen inflicting major civie casualties and knows we’d beat his ass (and make him look weak & stoopid).

So he’s proceeding with bare minimal forces with strict ROE to accomplish the mission. His nuke threat talk is just that - talk. He knows Russia becomes a radioactive memory if he goes there.

So far Russia has committed 1/3 to 1/2 of the forces amassed on the Ukrainian border. I'm not sure what they're holding the rest back for, but they have plenty more available.
Slowly wear them down. This conflict has been going on since 2014 they’re not in any rush.

On that note, Germany has reversed.its policy of not sending arms to a conflict zone.

So are they finally giving support now that they have determined that the approval of Putin's actions have gone so bad that they can support with Russia not cutting off oil later? They are late to the game.

Last edited:
I have no idea, but so far their strategy seems odd.

Iraq in 2003 had a similar size population and military to Ukraine, albeit not as modern, well equipped and without all the western ammo and weapons that Ukraine has been given. The US invaded with 200,000 and took almost a month to finish up in Baghdad.

Russia appears to have invaded with 1/3 of that force and were in Kiev after 3 days, having left alot of Ukrainian assets at their backs. Perhaps a second, then maybe third wave?

I'm not sure what the plan is, but it'll probably involve those forces left at the border at some point.
1. Russia is not acting against ukraine, it is acting against further nato expansion to Russia's borders.
2. Russia has no plans to occupy ukraine, which is a total shithole, composed of pieces from many countries after WWII.
3. Russia plan is to secure any "points of entry" for US/UK weapons into ukraine, including air fields and sea ports.
4. Russian forces will not occupy uki cities, it's just not practical. But Russians will block whatever they consider important.
5. Russia will take out current uki nazi gov and then make a deal with uki opposition and the remains of the uki military.

Last edited:
1. Russia is not acting against ukraine, it is acting against further nato expansion.
2. Russia has no plans to occupy ukraine, which is a total shithole, composed of pieces from many countries after WWII.
3. Russia plan is to secure any "points of entry" for US/UK weapons into ukraine, including airfiels and sea ports.
4. Russian forces will not occupy uki cities, it's just not practical.
5. Russia will take out current uki gov and make a deal with uki opposition and the rest of the uki military.
Cite your sources please, or is Mr. Putin too busy right now?

So are they finally giving support now that they have determined that the approval of Putin's actions have gone so bad that they can support with Russia cutting off oil later? They are late to the game.

Yes but they are zie Germans, what did you expect?

Reactions: lariat
My sources of info exclude an idiot box (aka American TV). I've lived in te USSR for 33 years before moving to the US 30 years ago, so I have decent understanding what is going on.
So just like they did in Crimea?

Reactions: BCP
I don’t know who to cheer for at this point.

-I’m American, but have ancestors named Boris with very Russian last name.
-I don’t like communists or globalists.
-Putin’s an asshole, but NATO are assholes for not leaving a buffer zone like they agreed.
-Ukraine kills civilians, Russia kills civilians, NATO kills civilians, puts dictators in power, starts civil wars and lies about it.
-sort of seems like Putin my be fighting against globalists, but I don’t want communists to win ether...
- a lot of the folks in the previously annexed areas wanted to become Russia, and speak Russian..if they want to leave let them.

I guess I’ll just go for all the people who just want to be free and left alone, governments ruin everything it seems. A majority of the world would probably be holding hands and singing kumbaya if it wasn’t for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.