• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the PRS stock worth it or not.

220 Swift AI

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2012
Western Ohio
Ok this is what I have 2 new ARs and would like to put them on both. Are they worth the money or not. Pics of what I have don't mind the scope on the one. Put it on for pics is all.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

Re: Is the PRS stock worth it or not.

It is to me. Check JoeBobs. You can get them for under $200 there

Yes they are worth. The adjustment is great for different shooting field/bench/prone. Very sold stock. Copes has them 205

They are worth MSRP if you have a scope on your AR. If it were adjustable for cast off and cant it would be just about perfect.

looks like those rifles will "balance" well with the prs so if you don't mind heavy go for it.

I love my 18" bench gun w/PRS. very comfortable and great adjustment range. I only shoot it on bench or prone though. LOP and eye relief is a a little too long for me if anything other than bench or prone. Plus, the picatinny rail section on the bottom is perfect for accu-shot monopod.

I got mine here on the hide. Just keep an eye out or WTB and I'm sure you can find a good one.

I only use Magpul or VLTOR's on my AR-15's, but I would definitely use it on the GAP-10 and JP LRP-07 I just ordered. On retrospect, don't bother with the Accushot monopod. A sandbag or quality rear bag is more stable. Below is the PRS on an SR-25.

photo_zpsd3ebe972.jpg

I highly recommend it. One of the most important aspects of precision shooting is cheek placement or cheekweld, this allows it. I would spend the extra $100 bucks for the accushot monopod.

I live my PRS sock it is worth it. Its the only way to do it right

I have the PRS on my Armalite AR-10 and I love it...Also have a modified version on my bolt-action...

The monopod is also a worthy addition, if you choose to throw it on there.

hells canyon armory has them for like 180 something

I have two rifles with them and they get used the most. Best stock out their in my opinion. YMMV

If you need a adj cheek weld and LOP, for sure. Love mine with the Accushot..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I <span style="color: #FF0000">live my PRS sock</span> it is worth it. Its the only way to do it right </div></div>

LOL.

I just added a PRS--Cheek weld is critical for the precision rifle.

You can't beat them. I like the balance of my SPR with the PRS on it. Great adjustability, and the price is a good deal considering the build quality. Get them and don't look back.

You never stated what your LOP is. IF you need an A2 or longer, buy the PRS and don't look back. If you need an A1 length or shorter, don't buy it.

I have one on a precision rig. I really like it and would highly recommend them.

On that note...

I just ordered my 2nd UBR. About 6 months ago, I figured I'd try one and see what all of the hoopla was about. I can honestly say I think I like it more than the PRS, even on a precision rig. I'm trying to build a precision .308 (crappy time to do it btw!) and I had originally wanted the PRS, but I'm going with the UBR now.

Not trying to steer you away from the PRS. You could order a PRS and a UBR and see which you like best. If you don't like the UBR, you won't have a hard time selling it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You never stated what your LOP is. IF you need an A2 or longer, buy the PRS and don't look back. If you need an A1 length or shorter, don't buy it. </div></div>

A2 is the right fit. Guess I should of added Ihave a BA 10 and love it on there but have never shot a AR with it on.

Got one on my Ar-10 I like it very much gonna put one on my ar-15 as well

Have the PRS on my RRA and really like it that I can adjust to my cheek weld and LOP. Probably wouldn't have one without it . . . JaxOps

I have a PRS on my SR25 and they are the best and would never go to anything else. You have and adjustable butt pad, adjustable cheek piece, and a bottom 1913 mount for a monopod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 220SWIFT AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok this is what I have 2 new ARs and would like to put them on both. Are they worth the money or not.</div></div>For what purpose?

Or do you mean to ask whether or not they are well made?

Both of my long range rifles have PRS stocks. My AR-10 Super SASS came with one installed. I liked it so much I bought one for my Bushmaster Varment rifle.

On a long range/precision build heck yes!! I absolutley love them

I had one, it is very well made, sturdy, easy to adjust and stays adjusted. After fiddling and using and trying it ended up being the same as an A2 stock for me, so I sold it and went to an A2 stock. If the A2 or A1 isn't giving you what you want in lop or comb height, they are about the best replacement you can find.
They do make a fully adjustable buttplate (cant, hor-vert) that replaces the A1/2 buttplate if that's what you need.
My best free advice ( valued at 300% more now, due to financial confiscation vertigo, meaning 300%X $0.00= 300% free) is to use the A2 for a bit and see where that takes you, and if you need more than by all means the PRS is a great option. Some people are very comfortable running a carbine stock, god bless them I tried and I couldn't make it work for me. You might be able to and be very comfortable and happy.

If you have scope and most shooting will be prone or off the bench, then 100% worth it. If you have low power scope and will do a lot of offhand shooing, then not obvious. If you have a red dot sight, hell no.

Took me a while to finally drop the duckets on one, but was very well worth it. As I'm 6'5" and have a long neck and long LOP it made all the difference in the world shooting prone. Shooting iron sights was mildly helpful, but when I slapped my scope on it definitely helped.

Also the scope position can be moved. Don't be ascared to move around the scope.

Well I bought one to try. Sending out payment out tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.