• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is the SWFA deal on USO B25 worth it?

Iamero

Barksa #1 Fanboy & Professional Paper Puncher
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Michigan
    SWFA has a Memorial Day sale of $1995 shipped on the B25 with Horus reticles. Wondering if you guys think it’s worth it. I liked the ER25 a lot but have heard a lot of mixed reviews on the B25. I also saw a used B25 with H59 for $1850 on here so I’m not too worried about losing a lot of value on the scope like I would be buying it for $2600. Thoughts, reviews?

At the 2k price point, you're in the territory of what *I* feel are better optics (ATACR, PMII, Kahles etc) Unless the Horus is a deal maker/breaker for you? I wasn't overly impressed with two of the B series I got to play with. Both image and turrets were lacking to me (understanding both are very subjective)
    I will say I miss my old Canadian contract USO however....

Yea it was more “try it because I’ve never had one” sort of logic. I think people on here have already made it clear there are better optics around that $2k price point and I would take a Kahles over that any day. Just kind of wanted to try one.

I would take the B25 over the scopes mentioned above any day. As always, scopes are a completely opinion type of product. Personally, I think people don’t like USO because of how big their scopes are.

The 107 and H59 sold out. Damn.

The B series turrets are some of the best out there. That was my favorite thing about them actually. They had the GAP reticle B25 for 1649 or something like that. That is an insane deal.

Reactions: LG65CM
    Yea I saw that too. By the time their email went out to my inbox yesterday they were sold out.

• Sad
    Reactions: LG65CM
    I picked up one of the B-25 GAP reticles for $1650. My first impression is that at 1600ish I'm content. Probably wouldn't be very happy if I'd paid full value.
    Biggest issues are tennebrax doesn't have a cap for them and the marker on the windage turret. When locked it's easily noted where your at (2.1mil vs 2mil). When unlock and moveable it has an gap that makes it more difficult.

USO's are great scopes, I think they have made a radial marketing change in the last year or so which has caused some heartache. I bought two scopes one USO B25 GAP to go with the B17 GAP I already own and a Leupold for another project.

Hard pass. Many, MANY other companies out there with better track records and QC for the price. I’d take a g2rzr, Cronus, xtr2, or bushy over any uso any day of the week.