• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is there a special way to mount a scope in an ADM-Recon mount? Scope keeps canting..

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
So as I go to tighten the screws on my ADM-Recon mount the scope seems to start canting most of the time. I have having a very tough time getting the scope level. You guys using these mounts have any special way to mount your scopes in theses things? Sorry for the stupid question, but I seem to have trouble when it come to mounting scopes perfectly level.. I appreciate it!

Ben

You must completely tighten the bottom screws first or else you may pinch the tube. Once that's done, no special trick. I haven't had much trouble with the scope rotating after leveling. You can try holding it in place with a deck of cards or something wedged between the flat bottom of the scope saddle and the mount.

I've found that if I tighten down the bottom screws first, as per ADM's instructions, my scope does not drift at all while tightening the top screws.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Make sure you degrease it first and use the provided thread locker.

Get a set of feeler gauges to use. Cheap and worth every penny! Use them in between the scope and the mount and it won't allow the scope to cant if you have them in there tight enough.

I've found that if I tighten down the bottom screws first, as per ADM's instructions, my scope does not drift at all while tightening the top screws.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. When I got my first ADM Recon mount I didn't notice the instructions to tighten the bottom screws first. I could see the mount moving. Reread the instruction started over again with the bottom screws tightened first. Not a single problem afterwards.

Reactions: Johnerz