• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a way we can start a rating system?

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    Not trying to start a shit show here but how hard would it be to start a rating system where you could post feedback for members you have dealt with in the px section where others could simply click on and see the feedback?

Seems we have a lot of members lately selling stuff where people have issues or the seller is just someone looking to take someone’s money.

Again not trying to stir a pot of trust here, just wondering if there was a way we could help each other see who was g2g and who was not.

I know there is a good guy section but most people won’t take the time to scroll through that. I myself have had several people message me about past dealings with people to see if they’re legit. Being able to leave easily accessible feedback for each other would be awesome if it can be done.

I also realize the mods can ban the person etc but if an item comes up for sale from a member with a good reputation It be awesome to see others have dealt with that person before with positive results

Reactions: M76
    If a seller turns out to be ripping someone off they get banned.
    So it's not really any good to see a rating for if someone was not good to go because if they were not good to go, they would be gone permanently.

I think they did have a good guy list for sellers ,think it was just the other day .

If a seller turns out to be ripping someone off they get banned.
    So it's not really any good to see a rating for if someone was not good to go because if they were not good to go, they would be gone permanently.

I guess I’m more referring to those that are good to go before someone buys. A rating system that would show 2, 5, 10 etc transactions where the buyer or seller left feedback on that member.

You always see the to good to be true posts come up and most are fake I’m sure. Then you see someone post about medical bills or what not in the post. It just be nice to be able to see positive feedback where if you were interested in a item they have you wouldn’t second guess or red flag it due to the price.

Maybe it’s more hassle than it’s worth. Just thought I’d see what others thought on the process.

I think they did have a good guy list for sellers ,think it was just the other day .

Right there is. I’ve posted in it before. But there is currently almost 19,000 posts in that thread. That’s a lot to look through to find info on one member. Only way to narrow it down would be to backtrack it through the person that said they would take an item, pending they didn’t just communicate to the seller or buyer via a pm

Use the search function of SH. Keyword put seller handle from there select the PX as section to search. Search if they have feed back or have given feed back or have bought or sold something it magically appears.

From there you can make an educated guess as to who you are dealing with. 5 deals + deals probably safe. 0 you need to dig deeper. Search whole forum and see what seller has participated in.

Data is there you just have to put some work in.

You are in the PX 9 times with good comments it appears you are gtg and I would consider doing a deal with you without to much concern.

Reactions: hafejd30
    I agree it is nice to have a rating system and especially one tied to the users profile. I personally might sell to a member with little or no feedback for small items and take the risk. But if I'm selling something 200+ I want only sellers with history and multiple positive feedback. With no feedback system its kinda a coin toss. The one good thing (bad for me now) is that there is now the 100 post rule that helps. I rarely post but always browse and buy stuff from others and have been on here for a while. But now cannot post sale items with the up.

Been discussed before, seems like there may have been a limitation on the forum software, but not sure.

I like the idea. There are some high dollar items changing hands here, and I have been involved with two deals here on scopes where they were not as advertised, and I ended up eating significant dollars in shipping. Really not enough to post an entire 'bad guy' thread, but a rating on how the deal went could have been average or below average.

The exchange here is super busy. I'm on other forums where it is a subscription cost to be able to sell, but free for everyone to buy and browse. Could be a significant money maker for the forum. I'd have no problem paying $25 or whatever it needed to be annually to have a rating system and the increased peace of mind it gives.

I agree we need this. The old snipers hide before the Scout debacle had this, and it was an awesome feature!

I think is is a good idea, could be part of what's available on the drop down below the user name.

But what if you're actually a good guy but you haven't sold anything before?

Reactions: Dewey7271
    I think is is a good idea, could be part of what's available on the drop down below the user name.

But what if you're actually a good guy but you haven't sold anything before?

Then you can buy a few things etc and build a reputation while still contributing to the threads. Reputations are built not handed out ??

I have bought roughly 20 and sold roughly 20 items since ive been here but cant recal anyone ever posting it in the good guy link.
    I have posted for a few but not all.
    Like has allready been said if there is an issue and it's not quickly resolved or comms stop before resolution I don't think they would still be around.

I will look at adding a FEEDBACK System but I want a few questions answered

1. Do I start CHARGING you all a fee to post in PX
    2. Will you donate to get it added
    3.If we ban or remove members who has any negative feedback at all, what is the point. You are trying to prevent an issue, but if there is no history of an issue, there is nothing to prevent and if they are a scammer we remove them, permanently.

I just don't get the push to make this PX A paid Gunbroker System instead of being an adult and doing your own due diligence. Seems to me you just want a shortcut an issue and not solve the problem of scammers exist and you are not gonna stop them by waiting. You have to be proactive in your buying and selling to fish them out. They don't come with a label and usually only get away with it once.

Everytime they do get away with something, it's your own personal greed that does you in. I see a deal too good to true, let me send him my money before it disappears. Then you get scammed in your hurry to snatch up a fake deal. Sounds like a personal responsibility issue to me.

So all of you posting in here wanting a feedback system and hoping to make this place pay to play... answer our questions for the group we it's in black and white

I will look at adding a FEEDBACK System but I want a few questions answered

1. Do I start CHARGING you all a fee to post in PX
    2. Will you donate to get it added
    3.If we ban or remove members who has any negative feedback at all, what is the point. You are trying to prevent an issue, but if there is no history of an issue, there is nothing to prevent and if they are a scammer we remove them, permanently.

I just don't get the push to make this PX A paid Gunbroker System instead of being an adult and doing your own due diligence. Seems to me you just want a shortcut an issue and not solve the problem of scammers exist and you are not gonna stop them by waiting. You have to be proactive in your buying and selling to fish them out. They don't come with a label and usually only get away with it once.

Everytime they do get away with something, it's your own personal greed that does you in. I see a deal too good to true, let me send him my money before it disappears. Then you get scammed in your hurry to snatch up a fake deal. Sounds like a personal responsibility issue to me.

So all of you posting in here wanting a feedback system and hoping to make this place pay to play... answer our questions for the group we it's in black and white

Like I said I have no idea what it would take to get it done. Obviously it’s more than I realize but was just throwing the idea out there. I would always look into deals to good to be true and many times bypass them on here because it’s such a great deal from a member with very few posts etc.

I was on savage shooters forum for about 10 years. Not so much anymore but we paid $15 a year. If you were a paid member you could post in px section and members would give you an approval rating. Disapproval would get reported etc. It was nice when an item went for sale and your could see that “John Smith” had a 100% approval rating with 15 transactions. 8 as a buyer, 7 as a seller. Then you would leave a short 10-15 word comment. “Fast shipping, fast payment, item as described, etc”

So I guess to answer the questions id pay $15-$20 a year have the feature. Because when good legit deals come up If your quick enough you can make that up easy. As a seller your more likely to sell for a better price if members post that your items are “well taken care of” or “exactly as described”

If it’s a pain to do then the current free system is great as well. Just thought it may be a nice feature if available

I don't like what you have to say, and frankly you avoided the main question,

If we ban people who are reported because of a bad transaction of any kind, what good does a rating system do? Everyone will have better than 80% and what happens when someone is an asshole, and they get a less than perfect rating. Then they want me to moderate the transaction because JOHN Rated me a 3 star because the item arrived a day late vs 5 stars and BOB wants 5 stars or it ruins his system

You are asking me do more work for less and you'd pay $20 a year .... okay how about the guys that use it every single week buying and selling like their personal pawn shop. $20 is fine for the few times but what about the power users.

Face it you want shit handed to you for nothing and you want to use my FREE SERVICE THE PX for not only nothing but for less than nothing while we work to protect you and your money.

Fucking pathetic

I don't like what you have to say, and frankly you avoided the main question,

If we ban people who are reported because of a bad transaction of any kind, what good does a rating system do? Everyone will have better than 80% and what happens when someone is an asshole, and they get a less than perfect rating. Then they want me to moderate the transaction because JOHN Rated me a 3 star because the item arrived a day late vs 5 stars and BOB wants 5 stars or it ruins his system

You are asking me do more work for less and you'd pay $20 a year .... okay how about the guys that use it every single week buying and selling like their personal pawn shop. $20 is fine for the few times but what about the power users.

Face it you want shit handed to you for nothing and you want to use my FREE SERVICE THE PX for not only nothing but for less than nothing while we work to protect you and your money.

Fucking pathetic

Alright, I hear you. Things are great the way they are. Thank you for the response sir

even lamer

You all are breaking my balls in post after post about this shit and you have NO FUCKING CLUE

I need to fucking charge everyone or shut the damn PX down for everyone but specific vetted accounts

your headaches are enough to make me turn it off for a year

I expect an entirely new system for 2020 when it comes to PX,

I think I am gonna completely tie it up and force people to operate 100% by my rules, it will be closed off, you want your cake and be able to eat it too so we'll change the entire system

Pay to Play

Pay to Vet

Limited Access,

Limited number of items that can be sold

this way you'll know it 100% safe and your tiny brains can sit back and feel secure, then if you get scammed it will still be buyer be aware with no guarantees on transaction safety as people's circumstances change everyday. One day 100% feedback, the next day he is divorced in need of cash.

Expect big changes in the next 3 months

Really not seeing how a rating system puts the forum on the hook anymore than it is now with the "Good Guy" posts. It's just another tool in the toolbox to help us be self-policing. I stated above I would be willing to pay for a tool that allows me to more easily vet guys. Nothing is 100%. I vetted a guy on a $3000 scope, long-time member, many good deals. Scope had moisture in the optics when it got here. Blamed me for the moisture, not sure how. Kept our big boy pants on, worked through it. Cost me a couple hours and a hundred bucks in shipping and insurance. Never thought about bringing a mod into it. My deal. Would have rather given you the $100 than him.

Rating system helps with your "Nigerian" scammer issue too. Gotta do some deals to get a rating. No rating, I ain't buying from you. Buy some shit from guys on here and get a rating, hang around, make some pertinent posts.

Rating system helps with your "Nigerian" scammer issue too. Gotta do some deals to get a rating. No rating, I ain't buying from you. Buy some shit from guys on here and get a rating, hang around, make some pertinent posts.

How, they are fucking scammers they burn you once and are permanently banned how does a rating system close the door after the horse left the barn ?

one anecdotal story is not the facts on the ground, we get requests every fucking day to moderator or manage your transactions

Scammers stay under the radar and are happy to nail one person and be gone. If you paid any fucking attention you would read what Tucker wrote, they sit on accounts for months, never using them, WE FIND THEM thanks to our IP address checks we can see shared IPs, you all do nothing but feed the trolls and pay the scammers then turn to us for help. Meanwhile you want it all for FREE or for pennies on the dollars while you sell high dollar stuff. The Scammers are not interacting like you think. They make small random posts over a long period of time and then once the first the ad is the place the scam is on after which they will leave.

You don't self police, you push each new issue farther and farther down the road hoping we will save you.

In the Old Software we had ITRADER And you fuckers would want us to "FIX" your feedback ratings all the time. You don't get it, you think your story is the board story because we don't go public about the bullshit we deal with every single day. It's a case of more work for less.

We already manually approve EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT moving forward, we have to go in, run IP address, Block Proxy account (Every doctor and lawyer today uses a proxy, then we have answer 10 emails a day why their account was blocked for proxy use) We have a registration queue filling up and being looked at as a way to prevent New Scammers from coming in the door.

Look at all the FFLs and businesses we are finding and operating on here without paying. You all promote it because you get the deal and never say anything. You know who is a dealer and who has an FFL. Why because you buy and interact with them every day. It's their personal pawn shop and because you are saving a few dollars, your mouths are shut.

JUST AN FYI TOO FUCK HEADS, I ordered the feedback system and hour ago. Now how it works and interacts with the board software is an unknown, it can fuck things up royally, the more plugins and add ons you install the harder it is to maintain the system and keep things running smooth. That is my main concern. But once I install it you all will pay for it.

I am gonna lock down the PX tighter than a submarine, if you want in, you'll pay - say you're welcome

The relevant point there was not to do a high dollar transaction with someone with no rating (potential scammer). Let guys buy and sell some items and get a rating and it helps cut down on the scams. I'm assuming that while the scammers may be getting more sophisticated, it's not worth their time to buy and sell lower value items till they can pounce on their unsuspecting quarry in a $3000 scope deal.

It also helps with a deal like mine. I don't want the guy to be banned over the deal, but I damn sure would have given him 3 stars, or whatever. Let others read that and make up their own minds.

Reactions: hafejd30
    the point is the same as "Universal Background Checks" to prevent a mass shooting

Same argument a rating system to protect you from someone with no history to rate, it not like they sell you products correctly until they hit on one that will make them more money. They start off trying to scam, but know they need 100 posts. I adjusted the PX Upgrade account to filter them out, when it was cheaper, some scammers would pay for an upgrade, the more you make it the less likely they will pay to post. Instead you hope to find their shared IP or something that flags them.

You cannot go by a rating system when the system will let a seller with no ratings post - duh you have to start some where and when that first somewhere is a scam, you wasted everyone's time

Hell no! This is the internet, not a damn Kindergarten class room. Do your own due diligents or buy from a different vetting site. If you wanted a solid 100% deal, call Mile High or your store down the street and order your stuff.

other Ideas
    Make the seller pay to get a rating and have the site vet them rather than deal with rating everyone.
    Limit PX to 1 per week or month per user.

How about when you make a high dollar deal on the internet you ask for a phone number and CALL the person.

I am so sick of the PX bullshit,

And since I already ordered the feedback system installed, you fuckers will pay

The PX is gonna be Locked Down, at least by January 1st the rules will change, the system will tighter and 3/4 of you will not be able to post without jumping through some hoops and paying a fine to do so

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I’m sorry I even brought this idea up. It was simply a question not an order to shut down the px and completely change the way you operate your site. I’m a new member here and suggested something I thought was a good idea. You could simply have said “we tried it and it didn’t work out for reasons x,y,z.”

I have zero idea what it takes to run this site, I have zero idea how many emails you get or how many people expect you to stitch up there bagged up sales. So a simple explanation for me would have been sufficient for what I asked.

When I got here, like many new people I bought the px access rights. You asked $45 and I thought that was fair. I have since contributed where I could and been active on the site. I’ve also bought and sold items etc

This is an awesome site and I enjoy using the px section the way it is. Please forget I ever brought it up.

I’ll stop suggesting anything of the sort before I get banned for even mentioning it.

HAHAHAHA

That ship sailed, and this was the not the only post in the last week to request this ...

With the Nigerian Scammer thread every new member with a great new idea has reach out to give me a recommendation on how to "Improve" the site

I have emails, Private Messages and posts ...

Love it when people with admittedly no clue off advice, in fact I have just opened up my front door and placed a sign on the street, "Looking for Home Upgrade Advice, Stop in and Give me your best Idea to upgrade my House in your Image"

I’ll add this then since were doing it regardless,

What about a positive only rating?

As a buyer or seller you can choose to give someone positive rating

Shows

(Positive rating) (member who rated them) (10-15 word max about the transaction)

Then there’s nobody complaining about a low rating.

I’m personally only Interested in seeing that the member has had prior sales that were positive. Because as you stated they get banned if there negative/scams etc.

Then you could see

John Smith
    13 positive ratings

Then you can read the members short note about the seller/buyer or pm the person that wrote it for more info if you want

Takes all members complaining about negative remarks out of the question and they get dealt with in the current manner.

When I graduate I want to run a website. Lol
    Might as well herd cats.

Always something on fire 24/7/365.

People mostly are clueless of the work and constant oversite required.

Gunbroker made enough money to run TV ads and sponsored race cars.
    I think a Snipershide race car with ban cat on the hood would be bitchin'!

No need to reinvent the wheel.
    Just copy and paste.

• Love
    Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    1566860777479.jpeg

Seems like this is mostly popular with the hessian batch trying to use the site for a profit, on others hard work.

And people that only post a sale item occasionally as they upgrade or want to change an item wil be penalized in the end.

I have nothing to sell so It's an observation not a complaint.

I'm not sure of the headache involved in a 2 tier system but I figure there is one.

Seems like this is mostly popular with the hessian batch trying to use the site for a profit, on others hard work.

And people that only post a sale item occasionally as they upgrade or want to change an item wil be penalized in the end.

I have nothing to sell so It's an observation not a complaint.

I'm not sure of the headache involved in a 2 tier system but I figure there is one.

See the hessian tag?

Just so your aware I haven’t made a dime off this site. In fact I’ve bought a few items on here, couple scopes for example, and sold them on here for the same as what I paid for them. Why? Because I’m in the 2nd tier you mentioned. I buy and sell stuff often because I enjoy working on guns and like upgrading as funds allow. Don’t think all your new members with the red tags are here to fuck people over...!

Last edited:
    Then why would you get upset? At a 2 tier system.

The majority of complaints I have seen are from new people .

I may end up with some items for sale or trade eventually but normally just take them to the local gun shows.

No hassles.

Then why would you get upset? At a 2 tier system.

The majority of complaints I have seen are from new people .

I may end up with some items for sale or trade eventually but normally just take them to the local gun shows.

No hassles.

I’m not upset by any means. But assuming because I paid $45 to access the classifieds to take advantage of people gets to me. I may be hard headed and bullshit with the best of them but I’m no thief.

Honestly at this point I think it’s a terrible idea to implement the rating system. At least not without asking the more senior members on this site.

I’m new so what the fuck do I know. I gave my take on it by asking a simple question. Apparently the entire px will be changing because of it. I enjoy the deals on the px but can afford to buy from an authorized dealer if I want an item.

I will plan to be a paid member on this site to support it and the work the mods do to make it happen. But I will not be buying into some premium price tag for it. I’m on this forum as a hobby.

Based on several responses here and on your Nigerian post there are others who support the question and it was just that a question.

I’m with snuby, I can sell my shit elsewhere

I am extra leery of scammers.

I hosted and developed sites years ago started before development tools were any good.

Got my main site scammed by services for sale that were fake.
    Very hard to pull off on a player in that field.
    Took getting complaints from a competitor to make me investigate.

After that I vetted people more throughly. I never lost any money but my readers lost a couple of booking deposits , I got them square for the most part with other staff doing me a solid.

Eventually a couple of large corporate sites caved my team since paid placement overcome my dirty web tricks for rankings.

I was very good at that game at the time.

Hope Frank's place survives dirty corporate competition.

I’m not upset by any means. But assuming because I paid $45 to access the classifieds to take advantage of people gets to me. I may be hard headed and bullshit with the best of them but I’m no thief.

Honestly at this point I think it’s a terrible idea to implement the rating system. At least not without asking the more senior members on this site.

I’m new so what the fuck do I know. I gave my take on it by asking a simple question. Apparently the entire px will be changing because of it. I enjoy the deals on the px but can afford to buy from an authorized dealer if I want an item.

I will plan to be a paid member on this site to support it and the work the mods do to make it happen. But I will not be buying into some premium price tag for it. I’m on this forum as a hobby.

Based on several responses here and on your Nigerian post there are others who support the question and it was just that a question.

I’m with snuby, I can sell my shit elsewhere

And you still won't let it go...

959E0406-9463-4127-A697-CC28C28E06B5.jpeg

::After seeing that a seller only has one previous review in the PX feedback section but the deal is really good::

F***, I was trying to get to 100 posts just to sell one scope and I probably won't get there before january 1st, thanks guys. I bought a few magazines from a guy on here and almost a shotgun, to tight for premium guns. I guess i could put the scope on my BB gun or a 22 but I hate the reticle.

I’m new so what the fuck do I know.
    Obviously not much.

How did this site ever exist without you?

You do know that almost 70% of reviews on Amazon are fake right.

It would take nothing for 10 scammers to open accounts. Then 1 becomes a "seller" and the other 9 claim to have bought from him and give him 9 good reviews. Now your guard is really down.

Nigeria has a population of 190,900,000. Figure that as 1 scammer and 190,899,999
    accomplices.

F***, I was trying to get to 100 posts just to sell one scope and I probably won't get there before january 1st, thanks guys. I bought a few magazines from a guy on here and almost a shotgun, to tight for premium guns. I guess i could put the scope on my BB gun or a 22 but I hate the reticle.

You know that you can pay for PX access & go list your scope right away.
    Just look in the account upgrades tab under your account.

I am so sick of the PX bullshit,

And since I already ordered the feedback system installed, you fuckers will pay

The PX is gonna be Locked Down, at least by January 1st the rules will change, the system will tighter and 3/4 of you will not be able to post without jumping through some hoops and paying a fine to do so
    About time.
    Now if I may,... how about 10% of the sale money + 10% of the buy money is a mandatory kick back to the sight? If your advertising here or using the hide as shelf space pay for it,...

About time.
    Now if I may,... how about 10% of the sale money + 10% of the buy money is a mandatory kick back to the sight? If your advertising here or using the hide as shelf space pay for it,...

Bernie Sanders...is that you?

A 20% premium? Watch absolutely noone sell anything here; who do you think that 20% is getting passed onto?

People buy used equipment here because of the availability of it and the price. You start adding premiums and bullshit to it and you might as well charge sales tax, because people will be PMing each other for better deals and going around the forum 'pricing'.

The better idea is for Frank to make a tacked post and add the names of all the tards that keep asking for unnecessary EE shit that he will charge us for, so we can belittle them and tell them to fuck off back to AR15.

Bernie Sanders...is that you?

A 20% premium? Watch absolutely noone sell anything here; who do you think that 20% is getting passed onto?

People buy used equipment here because of the availability of it and the price. You start adding premiums and bullshit to it and you might as well charge sales tax, because people will be PMing each other for better deals and going around the forum 'pricing'.

The better idea is for Frank to make a tacked post and add the names of all the tards that keep asking for unnecessary EE shit that he will charge us for, so we can belittle them and tell them to fuck off back to AR15.
    The PX has been a lost leader from day one. The heart burn Frank an the site has suffered over it, is long an deep. People take a freebee, run it into the ground, use it as their personal store/selling point, then bitch an moan when the Law will not step up an pamper their ass. I never came here for the PX shit an when it was shut down long ago things were much better. The bitching whinning over it would not be worth it to me, and at one point was not to many others as well as Frank. If someone is here just for the PX that is telling,...