• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there an exhaustive LRF comparison on here I'm missing?

earthquake

Area Man
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    I'm not finding anything with Google search, or the search here. I'm wondering if there's a good thread already posted comparing some LRF's in the $500 range.

I'm looking at either the Leupold 1000i TBR DNA, or the Bushnell 1600 arc 7x or saving a bit more for the Bushnell Fusion 1600 10x.

Didn't want to start yet another "What should I buy?" thread if there's a good one already out there comparing the above. Or if not, can someone quickly suggest one of these over another?

Thanks in advance.

One of the best discussions is at Longrangehunting.com. Look at the the G7 BR2 thread in the products review section. It's primarily a G7/Terrapin/Leica 1600 discussion which is above the OP's price point, but it's very informative.
    Skip

Respectfully,
    Buy once; cry once.

If you have a Terrapin you can basically range anything you can see.

Eighteen-hundred bones and you're DONE with this discussion forever. LOL The price point is mute after buying a couple range finders and not being happy with them.

The Terrapin is nice but it sort of depends on your actual need. If you're the kind of person that wants to be able to range whatever at whatever distance, you will need to spend more than $500.

Before I bought, I tried every RF I could get my hands on by going to Cabelas and other outlets to see which one I likes best. The Swaro's were the best RF at that point in time but I did not like the large circle, Leupy...not so much, early Bushnells were close and I settled on a Leica 1200. Under $500 and it does everything I need for my hunting style. Now that the Fusions are out, I would probably get a bino/RF combo just for simplicity.

Laser range finders are tech that moves fast. I'm hoping to do a LRF binoculars shoot out next summer with whatever best catches my eye but for now I don't know of any comprehensive comparisons. The tech moves very fast and I think few guys probably have their hands on enough of them at one time to even do such a comparison.