• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Is there an IWB leather holster that wont scratch a stainless 1911?

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Forgive me if I sound like a bitch here, but I really like my SW1911 that is stainless and don't want to scratch her up with a Kydex holster.

I'm looking for an IWB j-hook leather holster for my 1911. Being as tall and lanky as I am, I need an IWB holster that is at the 4 or 5 o'clock position. I have a Fist Inc. ultra slim Kydex that is the fucking shit for conceal-ability, but where my USP-C is a workhorse my SW1911 wouldn't like scratches. Go ahead and judge... :D

Never had a IWB holster other than Kydex before, so if there's something better than leather by all means post away.

Go to Brownell and search Milt Sparks. They have stock on hand and it is the best I have tried for IWB. If you order from Milt direct it is 12-14 weeks. I use it with a bull - hide belt from bullhidebelts.com. Great combo for carrying all day with my Les Baer.

Take a look at the galco v hawk. It comes with snap loops and j hooks and I carry a kimber 4" all day, every day with no issues..

If you're willing to spend the coin, give Mitch Rosen a call and discuss exactly what you want. Last I checked he had about a 4mos wait.

I have a number of Ken Null's holsters - all beautifully custom made, with what usually is a 10-14 day turnaround time.

The IWB I have is the Gibson Covert, for appendix carry, and I love it for my 4" Wilson Pro.

K.L. Null Holsters Home Page

Last edited:
Its not leather but I love my Remora tuckable and highly recommend at least trying one (tuckable or not). I bought it despite not believing initial claims but hell for 24 dollars what did I have to lose? Haven't touched another holster since I got it and I don't believe the interior would scratch. Of course one piece of grit and it isn't going to matter what its made out of. Thats why I carry an ugly glock though.

Any holster will cause honest wear. Poorly fitting holsters lined with soft leather or suede are worse than kydex because they tend to hold grit. Look for a well boned holster lined inside with top-grain leather. Frequently blow out the inside with compressed air and lightly brush out with an old toothbrush.
Consider the Sparks VM2. Best holster I've found for behind the hip IWB.

Take a look at Tim Thurner's work at TT Gunleather. First class quality and the most comfortable rig that I have ever worn.

Check out the Galco Royal Guard holster. Its horse hide. I carry m Sig P-220 in mine day in and day out. Won't scratch you gun.

I use three Bianchi model 100 (pro) holsters and all are lined holsters, excellent and have never scratched and gun I carried.