• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there no end to the idiocracy

Alabusa

Learning
Minuteman
  • Jan 1, 2018
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama
    Another crazy request(demand) from the liberals in Portland. They are as bad or worse than the idiots in Cali.

A few old KBR quotes - "When everyone is running away, RBR is running towards the disaster".... "Where there's chaos, there's MONEY"........ Very, very old quotes and nothing has changed.

There is a boat load of money being made off of the so called "Homeless"..... The more chaotic it get's the more money that is being thrown at the problem...

Turn off the money and the homeless will disappear. No different than wiping the sugar off your kitchen counter and screwing a lid on the sugar bowl to get rid of the ants.

Hobo

It’s not just in Portland. Peruse some of the alt news sites and you’ll see that unbridled idiocy is the new Black Plague of the 21st century. Idiocy knows no borders nor boundaries, I think BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive) nails it on the head when they say.

“You ain't seen nothing yet
    B-b-b-baby you just ain't seen nothin' yet”

Crazyass stuff now? Just wait until the next CINC election.
    #Truth

Reactions: TACC
    You're absolutely right. Mother Nature does have a way of balancing the scales. We can't dodge the bullet forever.
    Open borders and large homeless encampments may be what breeds that bullet.

Another crazy request(demand) from the liberals in Portland. They are as bad or worse than the idiots in Cali.

Thats funny. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Camp on my property...w/o my permission?...Bwahahahahahahaha

Where I live. At night those are called moving targets.

Portland city council is having talks about forcing any new large construction projects to produce facilities to the bums.
    Its really nuts over there.
    That’s a great way to scare money away.

The amount of tents n crap strewn about is amazing now.

Clark country sheriff on my side is having a hell of a time trying to keep it from looking like Portland.
    The vagrant boats are really beginning to be a problem as well on the Clackamas and Columbia rivers as well.

Reactions: TACC and bfoosh006
    Seems that "Forming a Task Force" better known as Throwing Money at the Problem gives the community a warm and fuzzy feeling that something will be done and the problem will be solved. Doing the same thing, over and over again and expecting a different result (Nationwide)...

Another example:

Baton Rouge Police have formed a task force to investigate the killings of three homeless people, which officials believe may be connected.

Thought I was reading something found in the Onion but there are actually people on the Planning Commission who are so devoid of critical thinking skills to actually suggest something profoundly stupid.

FA04DF82-EC22-496A-A697-B9FE01E32334.jpeg

That’s a great way to scare money away.

No shit, can you imagine a millionaire thinking..."Oh yeah I think Ill build McMansion right here where Ill have to allow homeless folks to trash my property?"

Portland is, without a doubt and with no competition, the filthiest city I have ever visited amongst all modern nations. That filth and trash is solely attributed to their homeless population.

Which is a real shame. When I used to visit there back around 2005-6 it was still near pristine. I used to go up the hill to the Zen Center to watch the sun rise over Mt. Hood then walk down to the International Rose Research Station and enjoy the colors. Good entertainment in Pioneer Square and great food as well. I guess thats all turned, literally, to shit by now.

It gets more stupid. In Austin, Tx, our elected prostitutes are buying up hotels and motels to put the homeless in.

• Angry
    Reactions: Snuby642
    Which is a real shame. When I used to visit there back around 2005-6 it was still near pristine. I used to go up the hill to the Zen Center to watch the sun rise over Mt. Hood then walk down to the International Rose Research Station and enjoy the colors. Good entertainment in Pioneer Square and great food as well. I guess thats all turned, literally, to shit by now.
    And when you head west to Washington County you find the home turf of the Mexican Cartel, MS-13, Somalian's, etc... Snuggled right up next to Intel's Flagship campus, Ronler Acres.....

• Wow
    Reactions: TACC and Maggot
    they should send them to florida I am more than positive that florida man knows how to remidy the california homeless problem opening full service chains of bbq spots free fingers with every order I mean french fries lol . here little piggies

And... on top of all this.. if you mention the word "Homeless" while trying to get the Police to come... your call will be "positioned" at the bottom of the priority list.

Don't say Homeless, Hobo or anything like that... just reference the crime, IE, "I have trespassers on my property"

You can full on thank Mayor Ted Wheeler for that BS..

Various "Charities" give the Hobo's bolt cutters so they can trespass on ODOT property ( cutting open gates, chains.. etc. )

And you should see the "booklet" of free programs available to them... Doctors, Dentists,... etc The booklet is VERY thorough... where to get free tents, gas stoves pretty much anything you'd need.

Don't get me wrong... I understand there are people that need help.

But when you watch the Hobo's get free cases of drinking water in the summer... only to see them stab each bottle ( while still in the case ) and dump out the water, so they can turn each empty bottle in for 10 cents to feed their drug habit... it gets frustrating.

Last edited:
    This guy had his truck and trailer parked where I had my RV in storage. I checked out his rig and took a photo. Easily a $100k rig and he "Contracts" with Portland. He was driving a Mercedes, leaving it at the yard and taking his rig to Portland. He was flaunting how much he was making. When I questioned him, his angry reply "WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE HOMELESS"?... My thought as to my situation at that very moment = Don't let the gate hit me in the ass when I leave Portland, Oregon..... Now a Montana resident.

The politicians should be the first to fill up their yards with homeless citizens .
    Most likely those politicians have WALLS, so they just cannot "open" their yard up. You know...because WALLS make it harder for unwanted items to get in - say loose mail from somebody's mailbox and perhaps a lost grizzly bear, that type of stuff.

Reactions: Downtown
    The politicians should be the first to fill up their yards with homeless citizens .
    You just personally attacked the one Zero Tolerance policy they have..... how insensitive of you. :ROFLMAO:

I was born in Eugene and live in proximity 110 miles south of the Portland cesspool. Portland used to be an awesome city to visit, haven't spent $1 in 10+ years. The liberal migration due to oversaturation in neighboring states destroyed it's true potential.

Reactions: candyx

Maybe I can add some detail to this that will tamp down the outrage a little:) The article mentioned was a little misleading in that it sounded like this crazy idea was already law. Not so; the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability doesn't get to make law in Portland, they can only provide recommendations to the City Council. It's likely to meet stiffer resistance there. At present, the proposal would apply to downtown new construction, not residential property, etc.

My own feelings on this issue are mixed. I disagree strongly with the idea that the BPS has in Portland. Giving people a place to pitch a tent and declaring the homeless problem "solved" is cynical, but also the typical tactic of politicians of all stripes. The BPS says to developers, "You pay for it!" and then wash their hands of it because they are afraid to propose any solutions that might cost taxpayers a few dollars, even though the taxpayer will end up paying for any solution anyway.

Nonetheless, Portland currently has a huge homeless problem and it's getting worse. Mental illness and addiction are a consistent factor and make up a large part of the visibly homeless in downtown Portland, many of these folks are suspicious of any kind of help and don't want to work within the "system" to get out of their predicament. Just ask any Portland cop. Telling them to move is like squeezing a water balloon. The water just moves somewhere else. I don't like the current legal climate that basically gives people a pass for making bad decisions, but there it is, so what are we going to do?

The other and IMO larger factor is the rise in housing costs vs. wages. The soaring cost of housing in the Portland area has forced many people who formerly could afford rent into the streets. My 1950 sq. ft house in the suburbs, that I purchased in 1992 for $136K, is now appraised at about $500K. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the suburbs is around $1400/month. Wages simply aren't keeping up with the booming economy. While addiction and mental illness are significant contributors, its money, or the lack of it, that has driven the recent increase in the homeless population. I was just talking to a guy the other day (I'm in law enforcement) who is living in a van with his wife. He is disabled and his wife works, but they can't afford rent on her paycheck in the Portland area market. What's he supposed to do? Telling him to move on isn't going to solve anyone's problem. It's just kicking the can down the road. Portlands leadership needs to stop wringing their hands and come up with a workable solution. There are lots of communities that have made the effort and are seeing results.

Reactions: Pbgt
    ^^^it's exactly like this in every major (and many minor) cities in CA as well.

They have to raise money like all the other states and sell drugs that should solve the problem. Everyone will be high and not worry about anything.

The other and IMO larger factor is the rise in housing costs vs. wages. The soaring cost of housing in the Portland area has forced many people who formerly could afford rent into the streets. My 1950 sq. ft house in the suburbs, that I purchased in 1992 for $136K, is now appraised at about $500K. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the suburbs is around $1400/month. Wages simply aren't keeping up with the booming economy. While addiction and mental illness are significant contributors, its money, or the lack of it, that has driven the recent increase in the homeless population. I was just talking to a guy the other day (I'm in law enforcement) who is living in a van with his wife. He is disabled and his wife works, but they can't afford rent on her paycheck in the Portland area market. What's he supposed to do? Telling him to move on isn't going to solve anyone's problem. It's just kicking the can down the road. Portlands leadership needs to stop wringing their hands and come up with a workable solution. There are lots of communities that have made the effort and are seeing results.
    -

LOL .... It' not to there benefit, they will never come to a workable solution, only talk about finding a solution .

I was born in Oregon, live here, but been around the world a couple times and have seen enough to recognize most of the basic Con games that are played on people . Oregon government talks and plays the basic low-life Con Game Bullshit as all thieves do . Oregon is never going to give up a Dollar-$ or make a plan to help bring housing prices to affordable level compared to average wages earned .
    On the same note, Oregon Gov. will never help the working Homeless, or transient Homeless . Oregon Governments. plan is not helping more people live under a roof with a warm bed and basic utilities . The basics of life, just living, making the Mortgage payment, property tax's , paying the Rent is brought to levels of basic survival for many in Oregon, by Oregon government itself . Thieves and Con's only take, they don't give .

The cost of housing for all that live here will never come down until the local Oregon economy crashes ( again ) to temporarily deescalate the rising cost . Oregon government itself brings the cost of housing ( Buying and Renting ) to an inflated unaffordable sky High cost by a premeditated plan run by it's own greed and overload mindset of control .
    There zoning control enforcement 'land use control' , just dribbles out a bare minimum of land for development to buy and build on . Ensuring by there control, forcing the cost of a postage size developed lot to build on, is sold at an ever growing price year by year .
    There control plan ensures getting the maximum density of people living per Sq. Ft. of property. With Oregon Gov. end goal, in pocketing the maximum amount of Property Tax-$$$ collection they can squeeze from all . and every year, they kick you in the nuts raise Property tax's to a higher percent % because your property's worth is assessed to another artificially inflated price .
    Residents struggle to make there Mortgages,Property tax's, pay the Rent . Oregon Government mindset is ..The rest of the people who do work hard but cant make it, go to the streets .

Last edited:
    Are you saying, the majority of the homeless are people who have lost their job or don't earn a wage great enough to make their payments. The reason I ask, I have been in that situation several times. But I just go somewhere else, get a job and start over. It never occurred to me to live on the streets with my family. I'm not trying to make light of others situation. But there are better options than living on the streets.

I am not saying the majority , but there are lots of working homeless, I talk to 'some' of them regularly, and they average normal good people and trying to get ahead and they may not want or have resources to leave to find other opportunities in-state or travel to another State . There are a bunch of different ways they got to that level, but they are trying to to do best, they have optomist drive to better themselves .

The other larger group is Transient Homeless, and the most of them I have ever interacted with it is obviously some Mental, Alcohol, Drugs issues, or combo of all three of those mixed the feral outdoors lifestyle, some are pretty fucking squirrely especially in the downtown Portland area .

Not the same place it was a dozen years ago . It changed so fast starting after the last national economic downfall and into the Obama regime change in 2008 . Then the last 5 years it really changed and obvious to most living here something is pretty fuckedup with no positive visible change being put out there .