• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Is there too high spec for a tube?

So...when did this 5 to 4 micron MCP take place? Is this just "special tubes", or is this all L3 WP Filmless tubes, after said date?

So...when did this 5 to 4 micron MCP take place? Is this just "special tubes", or is this all L3 WP Filmless tubes, after said date?
Ultra tubes only for "special" customers for now. Not sure when this took place but not more than 18 months I think. NOT confirmed though.

Ultra tubes only for "special" customers for now. Not sure when this took place but not more than 18 months I think. NOT confirmed though.
Well damn, now I'm very curious who is special and what kind of creds I needed to produce. I bought two unfilmed l3 WP units from you in June 19. Good specs, but certainly not what we're talking about....

That's pretty much what happened.

I thought Will was on here still but maybe he left before he got kicked. Still, I know there are a few on here who have visibility into the cool new stuff and I'm wanting to start saving for a set of DTNVS but am not sure what tubes to expect. I know demand is high and probably will stay high for another 6 months or so.

On the consumer side I would expect likely another year or more of long lead times.

Was quoted recently 150 or more days on new tube orders from ESA.

Then you got to factor in tube delays, backups, etc. So for example 150 days turns into 170 days, then the 200 tubes on the order only have 100 shipped, then of course the 100 that are shipped go to the oldest pending orders first, etc.

It's kind of been a mess for the last year and a half and I don't honestly see anything in the close future that is going to change that. Find some place that won't charge you until it ships so your not out any money till it's headed your way.

Thanks for the heads up, that's what I was afraid of and the stimulus checks sure didn't help the wait times. Glad to hear many are getting night vision though.

Back to the reason for this thread... I have a hard time believing Elbit isn't going to offer some type of unfilmed tube in the future. Anyone heard anything from them? They seem to be making some pretty great tubes spec wise that are thin filmed.

Reactions: Lowdown3
Thanks for the heads up, that's what I was afraid of and the stimulus checks sure didn't help the wait times. Glad to hear many are getting night vision though.

Back to the reason for this thread... I have a hard time believing Elbit isn't going to offer some type of unfilmed tube in the future. Anyone heard anything from them? They seem to be making some pretty great tubes spec wise that are thin filmed.
To my knowledge elbeit and L3 have the same parent company.

Might be the same as asking “would ford make a navigator?”

I could be way off as well... just my .02

A loss for The Hide. I’m of course not privy to all the reasons or issues, but the loss of knowledge and contribution will be to the detriment of the members here. In my view, politics should be left to politicians. The users need choices and information. YMMV.

A loss for The Hide. I’m of course not privy to all the reasons or issues, but the loss of knowledge and contribution will be to the detriment of the members here. In my view, politics should be left to politicians. The users need choices and information. YMMV.
Tnvc shits on a lot of competition because a lot of the competition pulls shady shit, not all....but most. They are cocky (rightfully so) lol but some people take offense. I think it’s amusing myself....

Reactions: Dvlray6
To my knowledge elbeit and L3 have the same parent company.

Might be the same as asking “would ford make a navigator?”

I could be way off as well... just my .02
It was Harris and L3 pre recent merger. When they merged L3 became "L3 Harris". While the former NV portion of Harris had to split precisely due to concerns of monopoly and became independently "Elbit"

Reactions: rlsmith1
It was Harris and L3 pre recent merger. When they merged L3 became "L3 Harris". While the former NV portion of Harris had to split precisely due to concerns of monopoly and became independently "Elbit"

This is correct. Elbit Systems of America or ESA.

It's confusing but here is the chain- ITT sold to Exelis (2013'ish). Exelis sold to Harris (2015'ish). L3 (different company, formerly Litton) and Harris merged. Gubmint said "can't have a monopoly" and made them spin off Harris NV division. Elbit Systems of America bought that.

ITT=Exelis=Harris =Elbit Systems of America /ESA.

This is correct. Elbit Systems of America or ESA.

It's confusing but here is the chain- ITT sold to Exelis (2013'ish). Exelis sold to Harris (2015'ish). L3 (different company, formerly Litton) and Harris merged. Gubmint said "can't have a monopoly" and made them spin off Harris NV division. Elbit Systems of America bought that.

ITT=Exelis=Harris =Elbit Systems of America /ESA.
So they are not the same parent company?

Been multiple purchases and resulting name changes. Taking "L3" out of the picture until the merger of "L3 and Harris" here is the chain-

L3 used to be Litton in the long long ago, was it's own deal and not connected with ITT (that I'm aware of) until the L3/Harris merger (see above).

Hopefully that makes sense.

Been multiple purchases and resulting name changes. Taking "L3" out of the picture until the merger of "L3 and Harris" here is the chain-

L3 used to be Litton in the long long ago, was it's own deal and not connected with ITT (that I'm aware of) until the L3/Harris merger (see above).

Hopefully that makes sense.
I think I’m feeling what you’re putting down.

That being said, do you see elbeit pursuing unfilmed? Or do you think they will stick with pushing the limits on their thin filmed line.

Ps, nice to see ya on the hide.

Actual answer I heard on that-

"Yes, maybe..depends..." and a smiley face.

• Haha
Reactions: shoobe01