• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Is this a Bobcat?

I’ve always wanted to hunt the big things that can bite back. I’ll stick to reading Capstick stories until I can get up north for a wolf hunt.

Make it more challenging, use a single shot handgun! I used a 45-70 Govt Thompson Contender in Alaska to harvest two black bear, a caribou, and a nice bull moose. Those 400-405 grain slugs knock the crap out of most everything.

Reactions: BCX
I was trying to find pictures where you could see the ears better, but I can’t. These both had similar patches on the ears, both shot near Hondo, Tx.
When bobcats move in near where I hunt all the dear stay away. I hadn’t seen deer in person or on camera for 2 weeks before I shot this pair last December.
A91C12C4-198F-497D-8F08-61AAFC5DE87C.jpeg

Bobcat.
No hybrid.
different areas can have slightly different appearance.
I think the prettiest bobcats come out of Northern TX .
I’ve seen several photos (on various predator hunting forums and Varmint Hunter magazine RIP) over the years of cats from that area that have muted rosettes like a leopard.

Looks like a typical bobcat to me. Those ears are like the ones we have here in AZ. No doubt about it, it's a bobcat. I have eaten bobcat and lion both. Very good.