• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this a good deal on this press?

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

I have never reloaded but I do have all components to reload that I have bought over time. I know prices have skyrocketed since China virus. That being said, I have so much loaded that I don't need to buy reloading stuff if it's too expensive. This would be my first press and I have no idea what they would go for before as I have never shopped around.

I don't need a press because I have loaded ammo. However, if this isn't price gouged, I may as well pick it up.

What does the hide say? The options are below...

Option #1

I can choose this with 223 or 308 set since 223 & 308 are cartridges I shoot.

Option #2

The press by itself (this is cheaper) and I'll have to buy dies little by little whenever I find great deals on them.

You can buy the RCBS turret press for about $190 using the VIP program,it's normally $325

Screenshot_20210809-224531_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can buy the RCBS turret press for about $190 using the VIP program,it's normally $325

View attachment 7682723

This looks good.

A Lyman turret press is a bit cheaper and it's ambidextrous. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CTRLJCQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&pldnSite=1

The Redding is R/H only. Do you NEED a turret press?

I don't NEED a turret press but i figured I could get set up to do multiple things without taking off and installing different dies. To be fair though, I don't know what different tasks I'll have to do. I'm going to do lots of research and look up videos to see how reloads are done lol.

Buddy ordered a T7 press from Optics Planet back in mid February of this year. His delivery time back then was quoted as 16-23 days.

Sadly, his delivery time has been changed 4 or 5 times since then and most recently was pushed out to late August a few weeks ago.

He has since canceled the Optics Planet order and has already taken delivery from a Midway order placed following the Optics Planet cancellation.

Optics Planet offers great value for many in stock items (especially if you call them) but can be a nightmare if the I tem is not in stock! Beware!

if it does what you want it to do and your happy with the price hell yea its a good deal just don't change your mind later lol best of luck if you get it may it serve you well .

I had a T7…nothing was wrong with it but Scheels had a Zero in stock and I couldn’t resist. I sold my T7 used on eBay for $355 + shipping about 6 months ago so the Midsouth option looks good to me.

A press and dies are long-term investments - buy quality at the time you have budget for them and be done. After you amortize the price difference of sale versus not-sale over 10-20-30 years, it doesn't really matter much. My Dillon 550 is 25+ years old with tens of thousands of rounds through it; my MEC shotshell loaders are much older than that. Of course, if you can find a good one used, substantial savings may be had. Presses and dies last essentially forever with minimal maintenance.

I had a T7 and a Lyman All American T8. I prefer the Lyman because it have 8 stations and more room for large calibers.

I don’t own a T7, but they do look rather nice.
    The press kit from optics planet looks decent but when their website says available in 1-3 months, that’s wishful thinking.

This looks good.

I don't NEED a turret press but i figured I could get set up to do multiple things without taking off and installing different dies. To be fair though, I don't know what different tasks I'll have to do. I'm going to do lots of research and look up videos to see how reloads are done lol.
    You're not buying a house, the price difference between a Rock Chucker and the Turret are less than $50
    If you are only doing one caliber buy the rock chucker.

Reactions: nn8734
    I like the Redding Big Boss II and also the COAX with a shell holder conversion. Those two are nicer than whatever RCBS has to offer. Plus their levers don’t cant away at an angle from the linkage.

I bought a T7 years ago that must have been the last one made on a Fri afternoon. Turret was very rough to turn and, don't remember exactly, but was either galled/had a bad spot/etc. Ended up sending it back and not reordering. Not the Redding quality I expected.

Just get a T7 and a chucker your gonna end up with multiple units anyway so just pick one to start with and you'll see

I got a used T7 off here a couple year ago and my neighbor got the RCBS turret press. They both serve the same purpose, but the redding is an absolute tank. I would get a turret press for even one caliber. So nice not having to swap even between the sizing and seating die.

Get a turret press. I run 2 Lyman turrets and my dad runs a Redding. Both are great presses.

I have a Boss Press at the moment and if you're not doing .338 Lapua length cartridges, its perfect.
    The press stroke and frame opening is fine for .300 BO to 30/06 cartridges.
    If I buy another single stage press, 95% sure it will be a T7 to compliment the Boss.
    I bought a Dillon XL 750 earlier this year, so I'm more focused on getting that set up for my different calibers, etc.

Forster Co-Ax. I like having all my dies set up for each rifle/chamber and just slide them into the press as I need them. I share seating dies between rifles though. But my FL and body dies I set up once and lock them in place so they’re always set properly. Pretty slick setup. All dies are kept in Forster die boxes, labelled for each rifle.

Forster Co-Ax. I like having all my dies set up for each rifle/chamber and just slide them into the press as I need them. I share seating dies between rifles though. But my FL and body dies I set up once and lock them in place so they’re always set properly. Pretty slick setup. All dies are kept in Forster die boxes, labelled for each rifle.
    I like your plan think im getting a Co-Ax

Reactions: Chargerguy