• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is this chrome lined?

matgyver

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2006
Charleston, WV
Trying to figure out if this is chrome lined...it's a R4 Light profile barrel on a RRA LE Carbine.

IMG_0674.jpg

Re: Is this chrome lined?

Actually, I just looked up under the barrel nut...

Marked 19C-P or 190-P if the "C" just isn't a complete "0"

Hrm, I don't know enough about RRA barrel codes. I can't turn up anything that matches your code.

Couldnt you just call RRA and give them the serial number - since its a complete gun from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchu02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldnt you just call RRA and give them the serial number - since its a complete gun from them. </div></div>

Yup, called them today...sat on hold way too long and gave up. Figured I'd see if any guru's here would know.

Anyway, I found a flashlight and got a better set of eyes to take a look.

Under the barrel nut, I pulled the delta ring back and found a 2...so that's "219C-P"

and according to http://www.ar15-ar15.com/Rock_River_Arms_Quality_Review_s/42.htm

That would be a "Chrome-lined light-weight R4, 1:9"

And on rock river's website it's assembly number AR0219ASY.

Thanks SALMONAXE!!! You're the man!

Curious as to how having a chrome lined barrel makes you feel?

In your understanding, is that a good thing, bad thing and why?

Thanks

From the pic it is hard to tell. But my FN SPR is chrome lined and you clearly see the difference from my other non-chrome lined barrels..

Most of you guys have a bottle of cold blue (or touch up blue) in your stash.

The easiest way to quickly tell if a barrel has a chrome bore is to clean all oil off the area at the muzzle (or the chamber) that is normally exposed on a chrome bore barrel, then put a small amount of cold blue on a Q-Tip and touch it to this area. A chrome lined barrel will have a small ring like area exposed on the muzzle end of the barrel and also at the chamber end. If it's normal CM steel and not chromed the blue will take. If it has a chrome bore the blue will not take and you can wipe it right off.

This method will always work and may save you a bunch of time and/or phone calls.