• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is this rifle a good buy? please give input

tpichevy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Local sale i found a savage 12 FV 22-250 with a Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 (Mossy Oak Brush)
Leupold VX-3 LRT 6.5 - 20 x 50 mm (Varmint Reticle)
Rings & Bases: Weaver Tactical
Full Length Reloading Die Set included along with reloading notes and brass
500-700 rounds through rifle for $900
Is this a good deal or not all that great? I know what the scope is worth but dont know a lot about what the savage 12 or what they go for used. Also dont know much about the stock other then its about $230-250 new. Is this a popular setup? Im asking because i want the scope for another gun i have but dont want to get stuck with the rifle. How much could i get for just the rifle?

Re: Is this rifle a good buy? please give input

It seems like a pretty decent deal.

KT

I'd say its a decent deal. The Glass on it is work some money as it, then you throw in some reloading equipment and a new stock.

Just make sure its not shot out and needing a new barrel.

Mark

The "500-700" rounds is probably a gross understatement, especially in a 22-250. This stated, if the gun shoots to an MOA or less it sounds like a reasonable deal.

Best case scenario: For $900 you get a turn-key accurate rifle system that you can enjoy right now shooting and reloading and learning the rifle game.

Worst case scenario: You are only a barrel nut wrench away from another new accurate rifle system, in the caliber of your choice that will fit a short action and has a .473 case head diameter, with dies and so forth to sell to buy the new barrel.

Go to Gunbroker.com or AuctionArms.com and check new prices - this sounds like a pretty good buy.

Sounds like a good price. Besides the comments above, inspect the scope to make sure it's not a Chinese knockoff.

Jet

DMann is right on all counts; I was in the market for used Savage recently and this is a pretty good deal you have if you like that caliber.

Unless I'm missing something, that's a killer price if it's all relatively new and in exc condition. The scope alone is on the street (new) for more than the price of the rifle alone from what I'm seein...$970 at Natchez.

Looks like a nice varmint setup.

Condition is everything! Buyer beware... I know too many people who do stupid $#*_ to their guns. For every problem you can see there are likely ten you can't... If it seems too good to be true it probably is. Then again you can get lucky sometimes, but that is a lot of money to throw in the wind.

I own a ruger 22-250 already so im not real interested in the rifle. Like i said all i want is the scope haha I know the scope used goes for 550+ on ebay (i have been watching them a lot) My thoughts on this deal was to buy it pull the scope and put the rifle up for sale and hope to get say $500-550. The rifle new goes for 530 on gunbroker and gunsamerica with the base stock. This has the $230-250 better stock. But Might sit on it for some time at that price huh?
How do i tell the diff from a true leupold scope and the chinese POS?

Buy it, you rally can't go wrong.
Can you see it face to face 1st? brush up on your Leupold knock off's and take a look, even if it is a fake which I doubt, your still not losing any $ on the rifle, heck you might even like the gun and decide to keep it, or as mentioned re-barrel to another caliber since you have the 22-250 already.
Curt

i'd be interested in just the stock if you pick the rifle up
smile.gif

how much would u pay?