• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this what I think it is?

Doing my part

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2020
An ambulance in the UK was 'struck by an object'. I haven't seen anything like this this before, is it what it looks like?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-092035_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-092035_Chrome.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 559
What does it look like? All I can see is glass that has an appearance of being kind of thick.

Hereford... home of Stirling Lines. Hope nothing got away from the range...

Otherwise... Aliens. Definitely aliens.

Sirhr

PS. Guess is some shitbird threw a brick. And the object is known to police. But not the press. Doesn’t look like any kind of ordnance.

Last edited:
I wondered if the object was something around 200 grains doing ~2600 FPS. I don't know what a windscreen (shield!) looks like when it gets shot.

Plenty of good shots in Hereford!

Pretty big caliber if it came from a firearm.

Lots of shit gets kicked up on roadway.

Not super rare to have this happen.

Real tragedy though, just wrong time/wrong place.

Kid in MA was killed when a tractor trailer kicked up a full size manhole cover and it came throwing star like at plus 100 pounds through his windshield.

What does it look like? All I can see is glass that has an appearance of being kind of thick.

Hereford... home of Stirling Lines. Hope nothing got away from the range...

Otherwise... Aliens. Definitely aliens.

Sirhr

PS. Guess is some shitbird threw a brick. And the object is known to police. But not the press. Doesn’t look like any kind of ordnance.
Looks like a large hole with the sides dropping in to me like a ball, large rock, or brick went through it.

All I know for a fact Is they obviously knew something about the clintons.

I wondered if the object was something around 200 grains doing ~2600 FPS. I don't know what a windscreen (shield!) looks like when it gets shot.

Plenty of good shots in Hereford!
It doesn't look like that... They look like this.

1619358902456.png

Though the SAS do currently have a 25 pdr. leftover from Oman. But since there is still an ambulance behind that window (and they don't fire square shells...) I'll stick with a brick thrown by some sierra-bravo in a Moretown on Lugg hedge and the police aren't releasing the projectile type to the media.

Unless someone has a Puckle Gun?

SIrhr

Pretty big caliber if it came from a firearm.

Lots of shit gets kicked up on roadway.

Not super rare to have this happen.

Real tragedy though, just wrong time/wrong place.

Kid in MA was killed when a tractor trailer kicked up a full size manhole cover and it came throwing star like at plus 100 pounds through his windshield.
Wife had a wheel/tire off a truck bounce over her car and nail the one behind her.

• Wow
Reactions: wade2big
Wife had a wheel/tire off a truck bounce over her car and nail the one behind her.
Had a mallard fly into the windshield right in front of me at 70-75 once. Luckily it didn't even crack.

I'd be pissed if I got killed by a damn duck.

Reactions: camocorvette
Indirectly knew a guy in VT who took a turkey in his chest while riding his Harley. His wife was sitting behind him. Both basically ripped off the bike, which kept going for a long way. He and his wife were really, really messed up. Years of operations. Never fully came back.

Bad s*&t happens to good people, sadly. Can't blame the turkey (unless it was fleeing from Bender). But if someone tossed a brick... jail is not good enough.

Sirhr

We had a fatal last fall.

Truck/trailer going east lost a set of dual wheels.

Wheels bounced over guardrail and crushed windshield/roof of Cherokee going west killing mom doing some shopping for kids.

Happens pretty regularly, most often hitting nothing.....

A turkey/wildlife of pretty-much any kind will ruin your day and possibly the rest of your life. (whatever the duration.... seconds or decades)

Whereas a brick/object dropped with intent... pretty-much qualifies as a legitimate "Air Strike" call because of the fact that it needs to be annihilated AS WELL AS whatever system/environment garnered it's ability/support to begin with.

The concept of doing such, to another.... is so beyond my ability to comprehend, that it's best to simply follow Paxton's advice and "Nuke it from orbit... it's the ONLY way to be sure".

Unless it was a malicious attack, that's some bad luck. I guess it does prove that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

Prayers for that person and their family.

Had a mallard fly into the windshield right in front of me at 70-75 once. Luckily it didn't even crack.

I'd be pissed if I got killed by a damn duck.

Turkeys are like CH53s taking off and they will go 100 yards before they get enough altitude to miss vehicles.

Birds flying across the highway fly into trailers quite often.

When the turkeys hit windshields its like a bag of cement.

Coworker went to one struck by a car a week ago and his picture showed wings and legs sticking out of grill of car.

Reactions: akmike47
Hi,

Well there has only been riots and protest there for right about 6 days so brickie brick brick....

Today the protest/riots have merged (The Covid lockdown protest/riots have now merged in with the "Arsensal" soccer riots).

20mm rounds do not even make that kind of entry holes.......pretty much nothing firearm related.

Sincerely,
Theis

Indirectly knew a guy in VT who took a turkey in his chest while riding his Harley. His wife was sitting behind him. Both basically ripped off the bike, which kept going for a long way. He and his wife were really, really messed up. Years of operations. Never fully came back.

Bad s*&t happens to good people, sadly. Can't blame the turkey (unless it was fleeing from Bender). But if someone tossed a brick... jail is not good enough.

Sirhr

As I'm sure you're aware, the general rule when riding a motorcycle is "don't hit anything bigger than you'd want to eat in one sitting".

A 20lb turkey at 50 MPH is about 1750 ft-lb of energy. No, I do not want to take that to the chest.

As I'm sure you're aware, the general rule when riding a motorcycle is "don't hit anything bigger than you'd want to eat in one sitting".

A 20lb turkey at 50 MPH is about 1750 ft-lb of energy. No, I do not want to take that to the chest.
MANY years ago, on a GS1000, hit a pheasant on the windshield. The guy in the car behind me pulled over with me to be sure all was okay. The bird broke the windshield and it fell into me, peeled the skin on my chin real good just under the chin strap. It also restricted my steering, so luckily it was on a pretty straight stretch. The guy said the bird must have been tossed about 100 feet in the air. He was amazed that I was pretty much ok, other than the flap of skin hanging off my chin. I duct taped that flap back into sort of position and drove myself to the ER.
I know if that windshield had not been there to take the real force, I would have been knocked off that bike and probably the guy that pulled over to help would have, instead, ran my ass over.
I can eat an entire pheasant in one sitting. In fact, I'd rather do that than hit one at 60+ mph again.

MANY years ago, on a GS1000, hit a pheasant on the windshield. The guy in the car behind me pulled over with me to be sure all was okay. The bird broke the windshield and it fell into me, peeled the skin on my chin real good just under the chin strap. It also restricted my steering, so luckily it was on a pretty straight stretch. The guy said the bird must have been tossed about 100 feet in the air. He was amazed that I was pretty much ok, other than the flap of skin hanging off my chin. I duct taped that flap back into sort of position and drove myself to the ER.
I know if that windshield had not been there to take the real force, I would have been knocked off that bike and probably the guy that pulled over to help would have, instead, ran my ass over.
I can eat an entire pheasant in one sitting. In fact, I'd rather do that than hit one at 60+ mph again.

You were very lucky. Things could have been a lot worse.

If 20mm doesn’t do that, 50 won’t either.

Reactions: nikonNUT
A few years back the NJ National Guard strafed a high schools cafeteria. luckily no one was there.

Doc

• Wow
Reactions: 10ring'r
Ive taken a bird to the right shoulder chest area at 60ish mph on a bike. It left a good size welt and bruise, but never did it hurt bad or cause me to lose grip.

Ive actually have hit three birds and one rabbit on a bike. Other two birds bounced off the windscreen.

College roommate hit a doe scooting around a curve on GPZ 1100. He had deer hair behind the glass on the light assembly and chunks of meat cooked into the motor casing fins. It pretty much destroyed the bike like he hit a wall

A turkey/wildlife of pretty-much any kind will ruin your day and possibly the rest of your life. (whatever the duration.... seconds or decades)

Whereas a brick/object dropped with intent... pretty-much qualifies as a legitimate "Air Strike" call because of the fact that it needs to be annihilated AS WELL AS whatever system/environment garnered it's ability/support to begin with.

The concept of doing such, to another.... is so beyond my ability to comprehend, that it's best to simply follow Paxton's advice and "Nuke it from orbit... it's the ONLY way to be sure".
One of my elementary teachers had a horse come through her windshield.... miraculously she survived after a long long time in the hospital and lots or surgeries.

Had a truck driver deliver some material from a few states away with a cobblestone stuck between the wheels.
Driver broke his ass getting the thing out.

Ok all you Math students what would be the velocity of the stone if it let go at 75mph ???

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Had a truck driver deliver some material from a few states away with a cobblestone stuck between the wheels.
Driver broke his ass getting the thing out.

Ok all you Math students what would be the velocity of the stone if it let go at 75mph ???
Not knowing weight of said cobblestone, or area of said cobblestone, I'd guess around 500 mph.
Just a WAG though. Mac :unsure:

Not knowing weight of said cobblestone, or area of said cobblestone, I'd guess around 500 mph.
Just a WAG though. Mac :unsure:
I dont think the weight matters only the rotational speed and its position in the wheel from the center.

I dont think the weight matters only the rotational speed and its position in the wheel from the center.
BUT.....am I close?? I'm not worth a shit with serious math, but, I like to throw shit out there just to see how close I can get. I do the same with long range shooting. Mac:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Foul Mike
stone would go backward at approximately the speed of the truck (the rotation of the tires), + the speed of the vehicle behind meeting the rock.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Brick. You can see the glass folded in, so it was low velocity. Anything center fire would have just punched through and left a clean hole.

Some faggot threw something from an overpass and now somebody's dead, welcome to '21