• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is Unertl Optics Co. still in existence?

Re: Is Unertl Optics Co. still in existence?

Mr. Unertl
I appreciate your time to enlighten as well as the legacy that is the Unertl USMC Sniper Scope. That scope was a big part of my life for several years and I have a T model on my personal M40A1 that is actually in the stock I was issued. It is by far my favorite piece of glass. Please pass onto the remaining members of the team that built them that the craftsmanship to build them has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Take care and I wish you all the best in the future.
Me and my M40A1 waiting for the next stage of fire. She was the only Unertl and M40 there and the only rifle without a bipod and still did very well.
2uff0xv.jpg

Danel

good showing platypus

thanks for the words John Robert

I just purchased a T model for my M40A1 build. At first I was reluctant after reading posts from people they were made in barns ect, but if it was anything like my Unertl 8X I knew I would be happy so I pulled the trigger.

My contention is that both USO and Unertl are both of quality and craftsmanship. I just went with the Unertl due to I have had Unertl, grew up hearing about quality of Unertl and they had the original contract. Not to say there is anything wrong with USO's cause actually I know they are updated component wise and hold up very well from what people that own them say. But just because something was updated, doen't mean the thing that they updated it from was bad. just my .02

Mr. Unertl, Thank you for posting that. Reading about you not taking over "pulled my heart strings" as well. The right decisions are harder to do than wrongs ones though.

Bravo to Mr. Unertl for posting that.

Having the fortitude and self awareness to make an emotional decision like that takes a special kind of quality.

Hats off to you sir.

I have known john r. Unertl since the 70's. I have met a few members of his family and i can tell you that the unertl name is one of integrity. They are a well repected family with a high quality product. They don't make scopes of this calibur anymore.