• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Yoga Gay?

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Well honestly my wife has been trying to convince me to do yoga with her, but i feel like it is totally gay. Even though i think it might be helpful strengthing core muscles and more importantly making me more flexible for all the position shooting positions.

I am in pretty good shape i do at least 10hrs of cardio/week. I think yoga might help but just the thought of it makes me feel like a raging homo!

For the record I am pretty sure JRose does Yoga! HOMO!

Re: Is Yoga Gay?

With as many back issues as I get from the various racing accidents, I need all the help I can get to keep from getting back spasms.

Yoga helps stretch and keep me from turnging into a 26 y/o cripple. Regular workouts with cardio and strength training can't be ignored but yoga does help

P90x incorporates yoga, and lots of people here seem to swear by it.

It's just an exercise/stretching amongst several options.

If that can somehow be gay to you you're probably just an insecure douchebag in need of self evaluation.

Also, yoga classes are generally filled with hot chicks wearing yoga sweats in any place I've seen so that's a plus. If you go to the hot room yoga they don't wear very much clothing.

My only personal experience with it was my brief dabbling with p90x, and a BJJ gym I went to had a short class they'd do prior to grappling classes lead by the coach wife(this coach can be seen working the corner for several champion UFC fighters over the last 10 years Robert Follis).

His wife wasn't to shabby of a fighter either.

So, for whatever that's worth.

I have to admit the title was mostly to get peoples attention. I have no issues with homosexuals. I think i will look into P90x thanks

I do p90x every day, I however do not do yoga. There is a lot of people who don't know what yoga is where it comes from or it's teachings. However in P90x there is a cd called stretch X. It's all the stretching of yoga without the spiritual bs behind yoga.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to admit the title was mostly to get peoples attention. I have no issues with homosexuals. I think i will look into P90x thanks </div></div>

Lots of people love it. It's a bit of an investment, but there's really no question that it works pretty well.

I know a guy that's banned from the hide that uses it as his primary exercise. He's probably down to 6-8% bodyfat, and he climbs mountains multiple times p/year with a relatively high degree of technicality.

It was't for me, but it's produced a multitude of success stories, and that's worth investigating.

Good luck man!

Yoga is very underestimated by male fitness enthusiasts. It's a completely logical method of maintaining flexibility and developing total muscle control. It's also a great way to learn to control breathing.

My wife and I were wed by my first yoga instructor. Very wise and patient man; taught me a lot.

My wife took me to a yoga class and I will admit the first few kicked my butt. I was soar for days. I have to admit that I could work it into my schedual I would love to go more often.

http://girlsinyogapants.com/

laugh.gif

Yes, you should do yoga.
    I did it for about 10 years and need to get back to it.
    It is very well worth it.
    It's not gay, real men do yoga.
    Get your tights and get going.

Yes, it is as gay as the day is long. However, think of all the new positions you can try out during sex! Give it a try and if you can't get into it, get out of it.

Back in the day, football players used to take ballet to help their footwork on the field. Can't argue with something that provides results and probably helped them get million dollar contracts.......gay or not.

Kelly

If I could get past the outfits and Buddha type atmosphere I would give it a go!!! Nothing more important than flexibility as you get older!!

But I will not attend the same class as JRo!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could get past the outfits and Buddha type atmosphere I would give it a go!!! Nothing more important than flexibility as you get older!!

But I will not attend the same class as JRo!!! </div></div>

Good choice Jrose would just stare at your ass the whole time!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://girlsinyogapants.com/

laugh.gif
    </div></div>

Damn! Either she has a double, or I know today's girl. Biblically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could get past the outfits and Buddha type atmosphere I would give it a go!!! Nothing more important than flexibility as you get older!!

But I will not attend the same class as JRo!!! </div></div>

Good choice Jrose would just stare at your ass the whole time!! </div></div>

Agreed you don't want to see Jrose in yoga pants either.

Awe Dude after seeing Torf's link, I'm in for sure!! I'll get a lot of neck stretching exercises in for sure!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awe Dude after seeing Torf's link, I'm in for sure!! I'll get a lot of neck stretching exercises in for sure!!! </div></div>

I'm all about motivation Dag hahahaha
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yoga is very underestimated by male fitness enthusiasts. It's a completely logical method of maintaining flexibility and developing total muscle control. It's also a great way to learn to control breathing.

My wife and I were wed by my first yoga instructor. Very wise and patient man; taught me a lot. </div></div>

wouldve said no yoga is probably orientation neutral, then i read this and it turned the tide in favor of yes it must be flaming balls of hades gay.

1. Yoga makes you stronger.
    2. Yoga makes you more flexible, which can prevent injuries.
    3. The girl to guy ratio in any given yoga class is like, 6:1.

I'm no mathmetician, but I'd say the odds of yoga being gay are pretty slim. And if I'm wrong, whatever, I'm still doing it.

I'd have to go with it depends on the type of yoga workout. I personally enjoy total body/strength yoga. To be pretty flexible isn't a bad thing at all, but ultimately who cares what others think. Do you think it's gay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it is as gay as the day is long. However, think of all the new positions you can try out during sex! Give it a try and if you can't get into it, get out of it.

Back in the day, football players used to take ballet to help their footwork on the field. Can't argue with something that provides results and probably helped them get million dollar contracts.......gay or not.

Kelly</div></div>

And how many pros are still using ballet? Exactly. The same number that will be using "yoga" in ten years. There's a new fad every couple years. This too shall pass..

I would do this!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOkZICCC3fY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOkZICCC3fY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

wow now if that freakin yoga i am interested but have the feeling i might need some duct tape to go to that work out if you know what i mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it is as gay as the day is long. However, think of all the new positions you can try out during sex! Give it a try and if you can't get into it, get out of it.

Kelly</div></div>

And how many pros are still using ballet? Exactly. The same number that will be using "yoga" in ten years. There's a new fad every couple years. This too shall pass..</div></div>

I don't know how many still do it, I don't know any pro ball players personally. You could ask around if you want.

The main concern was with the receivers footwork in relation to out-of-bounds and the endzone. They said it worked and helped their balance.

I'm sure athletes do all kinds of crazy shit if they feel like it will give them the edge over somebody else.

Go do yoga with 100% input and tell me if you don't hurt afterwards.

Like others have said, I like the stretching and strength aspects of it but really don't care for the mumbo jumbo that some instructors push. I've found that big box gyms like 24hr Fitness just do a down and dirty class whereas the one studio class I attended tried to turn the yoga class into a freakin' life transforming experience. In any case, if nothing else the sights can be pretty darn good, depending on the talent...

Have you seen all the chicks in every yoga class? It's ridiculous.

I still can't make myself go though...

Yoga strengthens everything in your body that needs strength. It is an unreal full body work out.

Now yoga with your wife, at that hen party gym she goes to, gay.

Yoga is only gay if you think it that way, or if you're insecure about your sexuality. Think about this - would you prefer to be surrounded by nice, tight women bending over in front of you or being surrounded by a bunch sweaty guys? I prefer the first one.

Though, I would recommend doing Crossfit. Plus, it works your whole body - cardio, strength and conditioning, flexibility.

Check out www.crossfit.com

I invested in a 40lbs weight vest and run & lift weights with it - plyometrics and all, and purchased crossfit rings.

**I forgot - if you're going to do this "balls to the walls", don't forget to bring your puke bucket.**

Go do a full Yoga class. The next day you wake up, is you whole body sore or just your asshole? Guess the one makes you gay....

I thought Yoga was a joke until I did it. Yoga is no joke!

It may be gay but I know several guys who were dealing with severe back pain until they tried yoga. It's definitely a full body workout!

Yoga is awesome, specifically hot yoga. Its helped a lot with my back and flexibility. Also, not that I go there to make any of the woman uncomfortable and perve at them but their beauty was my motivation to push through the first few session.

If anyone thinks being in a room full of beautiful, fit young woman while maintaining ones health is gay then maybe they need to reconsider their own sexuality.

"The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

lol

You should do it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would do this!

[video: youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOkZICCC3fY[/ video] </div></div>

No, Lazy, you wouldn't. She would do <span style="font-style: italic">you,</span> but the reason why escapes me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricM40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go do yoga with 100% input and tell me if you don't hurt afterwards. </div></div>

headupownassjpg_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    "The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

</div></div>

Hahaha this may be one of the funniest things I've read!

wanting to fuck men makes you gay. If Yoga does that to you then you're...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wanting to fuck men makes you gay. If Yoga does that to you then you're... </div></div>

What? That was a general study that had absolutely nothing to do with yoga. Regardless, how the hell is any kind of sport/discipline going to turn a straight man gay???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wanting to fuck men makes you gay. If Yoga does that to you then you're... </div></div>

What? That was a general study that had absolutely nothing to do with yoga. Regardless, how the hell is any kind of sport/discipline going to turn a straight man gay??? </div></div>

I think you missed his point.

He was suggesting that if doing yoga made you want to sleep with men that there may have already been some inclination.

Atleast that's how I read it.