• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Israeli snipers

Belisarius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
Rem 700 long action? I like the muzzle break.
url]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-10853998

Re: Israeli snipers

Hmmmm.... just observing:

Huge muzzle brakes, two piece bases, no external adjustments of any kind on the scopes, bi-pods fully extended with feet on the wall, soldiers in full gear with shoulder harnesses, no use of cover or concealment, helmets and mushroom hats on, pic rail on the bottom of the stock, using the support hand at the shoulder......

I'd say it's meant to be overwatch in a secure area, staged and approved for release. Am I close?

kinda looks like a m24, but with a muzzle brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm.... just observing:
soldiers in full gear with shoulder harnesses</div></div>
So?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I like the muzzle break.
</div></div>

You wouldn't like it if you were that fella next to him...

The design of this brake , seems to be a carry over of the Mauser 66 sniper rifles they used before .

Looks identical to a Rem M-24 with Leupold 10x40mm M3 scope, Mark4 rings, Weaver style Leupold 1-piece scope base, and a Mauser 86 SR style muzzle brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I like the muzzle break.
</div></div>

You wouldn't like it if you were that fella next to him... </div></div>

That was my thinking to,

a great way of having the old ear wax cleaned out.

Yes the pic looks a bit "staged" however the Israeli have a very varied and at times in our eyed strange way of setting up,

my guess is that if that pic is not just a new photo pic is that there are at least a few other teams as well and that there are soliders on the ground,

ie those two above are just "show of force" a thing most of us can relate to.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, those are true blue Israeli M24s. Been there, seen them up close, brakes and all- here's a very high res image:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:M24-latrun-exhibition-1.jpg

Remember that they have a tendency to take what the US gives them and retrofit/modify to their needs. </div></div>

winner winner...chicken dinner......

Very interesting.

The brakes are exactly the same as the SP-66, SR-86, GALATZ using
yo-u can find much better desgins today but they are ok

By the way, the first time I came across that photo I posted from wikipedia, I made out the writing on the manuals (as much as possible from that angle) and the one on the right has "Leupold" written in Hebrew. Got a kick out of that!
smile.gif