• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issues with my Tikka T3x in KRG Bravo

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Just put my 223 tikka in a krg bravo and from the side, it doesnt look like its sitting in it properly, the front of the action looks a tad higher than my other tikka in a bravo and the barrel is def. not centered with the chassis, it is way off to 1 side.

What causes this?

2nd issue, using the mdt poly AICS mags, once the mag is locked in, the front of the mag has to be pushed up for it to function, you can move the front of the mag up and down into the stock easily.

Might be the recoil lug

edit: the only other thing that comes to mind is your barrel could be odd shaped for lack of better words. Was everything good in its other stock?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Krazy_jim
    I guess I got a bad one. I can force the action forward, which I shouldnt have to do, and can fill it seat on the lug, but then it has the front action screw bind at a weird angle and the allen wrench cant get get in it. This sucks!

I’m no tikka expert but I’ve been got before by a recoil lug. Glad you got it squared away 👍

I’m no tikka expert but I’ve been got before by a recoil lug. Glad you got it squared away 👍
    Not squared away yet, Im assuming the stock will need to be returned? Ill probably bank on that and just go ahead and place an order with MDT for the XRS chassis.

Damn. Maybe swap barreled actions with the other one you have. Something might jump out and you won’t have to fiddle with the return bs

Damn. Maybe swap barreled actions with the other one you have. Something might jump out and you won’t have to fiddle with the return bs
    Crappy issue with switching, my other tikka, is a 6.5 and i opted to use the CTR mags with it and using AICS mags with my 223. I didnt want to buy the 223 ctr mags from beretta at $99 each, so I got AICS.... so, theres no switching for me.

Can you measure between action screw holes on both bravos?

Crappy issue with switching, my other tikka, is a 6.5 and i opted to use the CTR mags with it and using AICS mags with my 223. I didnt want to buy the 223 ctr mags from beretta at $99 each, so I got AICS.... so, theres no switching for me.
    Mag choice doesn’t change the action screw and recoil lug locations. See if the other bolts up and at least attempt to isolate the issue.

Reactions: jcmullis2
    They must have sent the wrong one. The box should be marked with whichever bravo it is. It might be marked wrong but I’d check it.

Can you measure between action screw holes on both bravos?
    my calipers dont go that far, but using a tape, they both come out to 7" center to center. I noticed my 6.5 did not have the little metal tab on the trigger housing, but the 223 tikka did... supposedly it’s to hold your mag in? The 6.5 fit in the new bravo, so I took the clip off the 223 and it fits. I’m guessing I don’t need the clip?
    Im about to upload a short video of the mag movement

Reactions: jcmullis2
    1F322556-8107-4C1B-968B-755B0E04081C.jpeg

Spife7980 is your guy. If anyone can get you straight it’s gonna be him.

Good deal. That’s what I meant by “something might jump out”.

Did you read the instructions? I'm pretty sure I remember something about that clip being removed.

• Wow
    Reactions: Big Bo
    You came onto a forum to complain about a company's product not working, to read forum opinions, before you read the fucking instruction manual?
    Wasn’t really complaining about the product as much as I was trying to figure it out.... did you come to a forum thread and not read all the fucking posts before commenting?
    It’s really not a big deal, I’ve installed 5 of these on different rifles and never looked at the book. Pretty straight forward, 2 action screws, righty tighty.

most rifles don’t have metal tabs hanging off the actions

Wasn’t really complaining about the product as much as I was trying to figure it out.... did you come to a forum thread and not read all the fucking posts before commenting?
    It’s really not a big deal, I’ve installed 5 of these on different rifles and never looked at the book. Pretty straight forward, 2 action screws, righty tighty.

most rifles don’t have metal tabs hanging off the actions
    You're talking about sending the part back to the manufacturer because they made it wrong. I read all I needed to. You didn't read shit. You went straight to complaining about the manufacturer fucking up. It's as big of a deal as you've made it to be.

Everyone on here acting like they don’t ignore or haven’t ignored instructions on anything lol.
    They were kinda hard on you man. I didn’t take it as you bashing krg. I read it as someone who hit a snag on a simple task and was asking for help. A lot of communication is lost when you can’t see the other person and everyone reads things a little different.
    I’m glad you got it taken care of.

Reactions: Jmccracken1214
    They were kinda hard on you man. I didn’t take it as you bashing krg. I read it as someone who hit a snag on a simple task and was asking for help. A lot of communication is lost when you can’t see the other person and everyone reads things a little different.
    I’m glad you got it taken care of.
    I love KRG, wasn’t bashing them at all. Just didn’t think anything about that clip being the other rifle didn’t have it, and they’re both the same action... oh well, I’ve got thick skin.
    I appreciate the help.

That little clip is 4 polymer mags on Tikka T3 it's somewhat of a commodity in that you can't just order it from Tika last I checked don't throw it away hold on to it someone will probably need it

That little clip is 4 polymer mags on Tikka T3 it's somewhat of a commodity in that you can't just order it from Tika last I checked don't throw it away hold on to it someone will probably need it
    The varmint single stack tikka mags? Because I’m using polymer aics mags and it’s fine without them

You need to remove the clip to install in your chassis. My 223 Tikka came with it. I removed it when I installed it in my ACC chassis.

Tikka rifles, aside from ctr/tav A1, use that small clip to hold the plastic tikka mags in place. Moving to a chassis using aics or ctr mags means it needs to be removed as it will do what it did to you.

Your first post said the bravo was made wrong, hence people being harsh towards you.

Reactions: OG10
    Tikka rifles, aside from ctr/tav A1, use that small clip to hold the plastic tikka mags in place. Moving to a chassis using aics or ctr mags means it needs to be removed as it will do what it did to you.

Your first post said the bravo was made wrong, hence people being harsh towards you.
    Krazy Jim his first post didn’t say anything was made wrong. He never said that. Maybe you can find it because I don’t see it. Just saying

Factory tikka t3 mags , for lites, super lites, flush mount as in standard non CTR or varmint Tikkas.The polymer 3 and 5 shot mags.