• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It happened to me.

crazy bay

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2005
Utah
Well, 2 years back after I got out of the Army, I got a dog. Now that I would consider myself a "dog person", I just picked up a new addition to the family a few weeks ago. He's an AKC, $375 Golden Retriever.
DSCN2209.jpg

DSCN2201.jpg

Re: It happened to me.

This wont end well...

I let the girls get a chaco lab while I was gone. A month or two later I get this picture. I think Goldies may be a little better than labs about chewing stuff up and water puddles but be warned its not pretty when they mix the two.

Maddie.jpg

Had an akc Golden, he was the best and worst dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He loved women, any woman, he would squeal and piss himself when ever he met a girl. Loved to go to the vet for a bath, he'd jump up to the counter and just go crazy for the girls.

He required constant attention, if you turned your back and ignored him, he would either get into something which the end result was your immediate attention or he's take off and go find someone to play with. I've picked him up at a day care center, a home where there were a group of kids playing, neighbors homes. I swear everyone in town knew him. He wouldn't eat unless he was leaning against my leg.

He loved to run, I taught him to hunt armadillos. He wouldn't mess with our ducks or geese, wouldn't chase livestock or the cat, and he never fought with other dogs but he would hunt an armadillo until he either captured it or he collapsed from exhaustion. More than once I've had to pick him up and carry him to the kiddie pool to revive him. Funniest thing he did was capture a baby armadillo and drop it in the kiddie pool. I found him sitting in the pool with the dillo swimming laps around him.

He and the neighbors donkey would run the fence back & forth. Another neighbor had an Anatolian Shepard, the two of them your run the fence back & forth snarling and raising hell until one of them called it quits. Put them both on the same side of the fence and they were best buddies.

Ultimately that was his demise, neighbor called one morning, he had collapsed & died from exhaustion. He was only 4.

Hope your new buddy brings lots of joy to your life. There's a reason they're called mans best friend.

Our Golden is going on 10 years old. Shes been a great dog but over all but when was young did the nervous peeing thing. She used to want to chase balls for hours but now shes happy to go after it two or three times and then jump into her kiddy pool for a dip.

Enjoy it man they're some of the most loyal friendly dogs there are. Just wait tell she starts bringing you your dirty socks as presents!

They are great dogs; very lovable but can be high reving at times. Just need to get a good routine with the dog and wear him out so he sleeps well. A bored Golden is never a good sign as they will tear stuff up if given the chance.

Man great lookin pup! The chewing thing is almost inevitable with either labs or goldens. But like JSTARZ said, wear em out. They are working dogs, they need to be run and run hard sometimes. Plus if you keep em active, it will keep them slim an trim.

He has been a good dog thus far. Typical puppy issues, but he is mostly house training already and understands "no" and when he is being scolded for inappropriate behavior. I taught him to sit, lay down, and stand, in 20 minutes total over two days. That was a week ago, and he has retained it all. I think he'll be good in obedience.

Im not to worried about his activity level. He gets along with my Border Collie just fine, they love to wrestle and play. Thankfully I can afford an active lifestyle, which is good for dogs.

Dogs are the best. You know the test, lock your wife and your dog in your trunk for an hour, see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

Crazy Bay,
That's a good looking pup! When they're that age they make a mess but it's not too bad.

Poke,
Trust me it could be worse...
IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

Keep in mind, sticks or house plants do not make near the mess that a couch (notice I said couch not couch cushion) make
wink.gif