• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors It has begun. Thunder Beast 50 prototype

TBACRAY

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Here is a quick look of the first prototype. I've been getting emails, DMs , calls and texts asking if we have really started on this project. Well we have and here is a quick video. If you call the shop asking about this I'll save your name and number and put you on the BACK of the line for one.

Will you ever do a release of your regular line of suppressors in that raw welded look?

Should I get this or an ultra 7 for my first can?

Jk

Cool stuff fellas

Will they be fixed direct thread only or optional adaptor to move between various muzzle thread types?

We don't plan to at this time. A Ti can without some coating ends up looking pretty ratty after a while. Plus this doesn't have the finishing ops.

Ok, if you must finish it, can you do one in that weird-ass green that Remington used on my R2Mi? I'll take my answer off the air.

Damn! Is that just another handguard with some baffles in it?

That is pretty incredible. Can we see the same test without the rifle hooked up to a heavy tripod? It looks like it kicks about like a 223 in the video haha

There will be lots of videos coming. We used this tripod for the endurance testing we've done so far. I've got over 2k rounds on this setup with cases of M33 to go 10 rounds at a time like in this video. With a normal 27" barrel we are able to spot out owns shots at 300 no problem from prone. As weather permits videos will be made. 27" full config with brake is about 135 at ear drops to 127 without the brake.

There will be lots of videos coming. We used this tripod for the endurance testing we've done so far. I've got over 2k rounds on this setup with cases of M33 to go 10 rounds at a time like in this video. With a normal 27" barrel we are able to spot out owns shots at 300 no problem from prone. As weather permits videos will be made. 27" full config with brake is about 135 at ear drops to 127 without the brake.
Is there a ballpark price yet? Less than $3k perhaps?

No, you could never combine two 50% certs into one 100% cert.

Also, just so everyone knows, when we officially announce this with the specs and price and so forth this summer, I will write up our policy on existing certificates and this suppressor since they won't apply in the same percentages.

• Haha
Reactions: Trent A and BurtG
The Firearm Blog had some pretty good pictures in a writeup on it.

Tag

How’s the recoil compare ? I hear silenced 50s brake your shoulder ?
I’ve shot a Barrett with an elite iron can. I thought it substantially reduced the recoil. It might have just been perception based on the SUBSTANTIAL reduction in muzzle blast. I was super impressed with the result.

Compared to the old JET can it's a pussycat. With little effort you can keep the crosshairs within a couple feet of your POA at 300 and watch the whole event. Before this I could never spot my own hits at all closer than about 600

Reactions: Farmerbrown32
@Zak Smith How is the muzzle brake end cap timed?

When will the muzzle brake end cap trickle down to the smaller suppressors in your lineup? :)

It's a morse taper interface with a captured nut that holds it together. It can be timed by hand but we will also have a spanner type tool to tighten them.

And for the second question-- maybe. We are going to test it and see if there's enough gas in the smaller cans
Awesome, thanks for the info! I’d love to see a video of how that works whenever you guys get a chance.

I think a DOMINUS or DOMINUS-K with a brake would be a perfect competitor to the Maverick 👍🏻