• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It is finally done!!

Re: It is finally done!!

Great looking stock ! Definitely looking forward to the finished pics. That's going to be a tough one to shoot and get dirty !

For a classic look I would use high polished blued finish on all of the metal or a satin bead blued running as a close second choice. I love unique looking rifles and can't wait to see the finished product whatever you decide to do. It is stunning.

Oh man, if you go to Russo's home page john's stock is front and center on the main page with a nice stainless barreled action sitting in it. Just stunning...

The figure on the stock in the main page looks different than Johns. I'm guessing he's made more than one of these beauties. Sweet stock either way.

Thanks for the compliments on the stock guys...

John was extremely patient through this whole build process, which made it a pleasure working with him.

The stock on my home page is actually a different build. That one is a .338-.408. The wood from John's stock and the one on my home page were cut out of the same log.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy some killer wood, which I have been slowly whittling into one of a kind tactical pieces.

Hopefully John will throw up some hi res pictures which will show the depth of the figure much better than my pocket digital did.

Well there you go guys, that is the master himself!

Joel, thank you again for one beautiful piece of art!! I will most certainly post some pictures when the build is complete, I will also send them to you on a disc for you to use.
John III

John,

Glad I did the metal work and bedding before Joel finished the stock! We need to talk about the metal finish before I do anything. The stock looked good when I had it, before he finished it. Now it is awesome! Well worth the time it took. Best part is... I get to see the finished rifle before you do. I will have done by Shot Show.
grin.gif

Ray Lawler
Absolute Accuracy LLC

That is one exceptionally fine piece of bubinga. I have some experience with bubinga from my hobby of building/collecting electric guitars in various rare and exotic hardwoods. Bubinga is extremely strong and dense, and is often used in bass necks and/or bodies due to its fantastic tonal properties. That is really a sweet piece of wood with a fantastic grain pattern. Good luck with the rest of the build and (yet once more) post the pics of that exquisite creature as soon as possible!

Stunning, just absolutly stunning. Can't wait for updated pic's. I don't ever think i could own something that nice, i'd feel bad leaving it in the safe all the time... Hell i have a limited series Rem 1187 20Ga with nice walnut wood on it and it hasn't seen the light of day since i got shot bird hunting...
cry.gif
Damn pellets make a bunch of little holes in the wood...
mad.gif

Wow,
Fantastic craftmanship. Like a piece of art - Can't wait to see the finished product. Conrats again and it looks great. A true one of a king with a touch of class.

JamieD

AI Stocks and Accessories

That stock is gorgeous. Get us a range report when you get the action bolted up.

I have two Warwick basses made from bookmatched Bubinga. They are HEAVY, but are known for being able to stabilize frequencies created by the instrument, thus resulting in a stable and deep tone. I would be interested in hearing the finished weight, and if the tonal qualities have any effect.

By the way, I may be biased, but that truely is an awesome blank you recieved, and +1 on the craftsmanship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jaw Dropping with a little drool.

very nice.

xdeano</div></div>

+1, but with a lot of drool

Waiting for completed rifle pics. Great choice, you won't see another one at the range! Just stunning.

Nice my friend!

You woodchucks quit chucking my wood!