• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Itouch and Knights Bullet flight program!!!!!!

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    just went Xmass shopping and decided to ge the 64 gig I touch this alone is an unreal device and the applications are endless or so it seems.
    I downloaded the Knight bullet flight program and for $29.00 ots unbelevable you can change any parameter and it will spit out a range card for you then ave the profile.
    if your looking to get into a PDA type device this is it .
    could not be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Itouch and Knights Bullet flight program!!!!!!

I agree with you Bill. My son has an itouch, and I plan to get one soon. What made you get the $29 Knight version vs. the other cheaper ones? I have been waiting for Verizon and Apple to bring the Iphone to Verizon for quite a while now, but I'm just going to get the touch and be done with it. There is another ballistic app that has good reviews I'm going to load to compare the two. FYI to anyone wanting the touch, Best Buy will give you a $30 store card with purchase starting today.

I am using it on an Ipod touch. It is a great program and one of the easiest to use. Once you get it you will wonder why you waited.

I purchased a I pod touch 64gb today. Then purchased the program. Can't seem to get it to load. Any suggestions? all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is like Christmas and can't wrap the dam presents yet. LOL

Dar,
    first download the Itunes software then you purchase the program?
    once that is done go to the left and there will be a title like load new apps or try resyncing the unit the apps will transfer
    Bill

My daughter is getting a 500 billion gig one for Christmas-now I know what I can do with the old one.
    smile.gif

I have been messing with this program. It seems to work good. It has some functions that I like. The simple calculate is a good feature.

I don't have anything to say for or against any other program available for the iPhone/Touch, but I will say that Ballistic is very good, especially since it now gives you the option of using the JBM ballistics engine. I like being able to fire up a web browser on my big monitors at home and run the same calculations as I can out in the field without an Internet connection.

Have yall seen the new software that Bryan Litz has come out with? There is an article over @ 6mmbr.com about it. It runs on a Texas Instruments graphing calculator. Personally, I like the itouch route better, but wonder how accurate Bullet Flight is against Mr. Litz's. He compares it to some others in the article, but not against Bullet Flight. They are all very close with their outputs in the comparisons.

I noticed they had the touch's in the PX the other day and picked one up. I havent put any tunes on it yet but I did get the bulletflight program. Pretty neat have been playing with it and the LR sim with the ranging app on the IPOD.

Calculate simple is a cool function and I am still trying to get the hang of the range estimator. There are some other neat features like get current wheather etc but I have no wireless connection here so havent been able to play with that. Well worth the $30 IMO I have always just guessed up to this point.

The cool thing about going with the Ipod touch is. Now you have an Music player, can check your emails when close to WI-FI, Surf the net, Video player,wheather, Calander, the list goes on. Above all of this now you have a Ballastics program for 30 dollars that is easy and fast to run.

The only question is why wouldn't I go this way?

I tried the JBM for the Itouch. It does work good also. The only thing was it would only run out to 1000 yards on the simple calculator . The Knights ranges out to 2000 yards running the same caliber. Both are great but the Knights seems to be easier for me.

I run both ballistic and bulletflight on my iphone and ipod touch. The ipod runs it much faster, but it is more convenient to just carry the phone with me.

KAC Bulletflight ver 3.1.0 now has Litz's G7 BCs in its database.

I have both Bulletflight and Ballistic FTE. I waffle now on which one is better. I think the KAC is a bit easier to use but the Ballistic has a lot of additional features.

I tried downloading KAC's yesterday, and it said it was no longer avaialble. So I downloaded FTE and it worked great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KAC Bulletflight ver 3.1.0 now has Litz's G7 BCs in its database.

I have both Bulletflight and Ballistic FTE. I waffle now on which one is better. I think the KAC is a bit easier to use but the Ballistic has a lot of additional features. </div></div>

right, but Ballistic FTE has G7 for every bullet...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe_Stansbury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried downloading KAC's yesterday, and it said it was no longer avaialble. So I downloaded FTE and it worked great. </div></div>

It's available again.

the important part is that it has the data that you need . I shoot 308 338 lapua and 6 mm after that I dont need anything else so sometimes having 900 options you just may not need.
    Bill

Had my new 338 LM out the other day. After a few rounds on the chronograph, I went to the 500 yd range. I had never fired this round at distance before and had no idea what the drop would be. I punched in the numbers on Bullet Flight, dialed in the elevation, and then punched the target. First shot was 3" right but dead on elevation.

500 yards with a 338 is like shooting at 100 yards with a 308, it's hard to get that wrong.

I can memorize any dope instead 600 yards for a host of rifles and be pretty close to dead on... the trick is past 600 / 800 where external conditions change the variables.

What was it 8MOA ? 7.5 ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">338 lapua is a GREAT cartridge .
    just need some room to let it fly!!!!! </div></div>
    Agreed! It is just that I only have that far right now.
    BTW, BulletFlight worked just as well on my 6.5 Creedmoor first time out.