• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ITRC match

Re: ITRC match

My shooting buddy and I haven't drawn straws yet
laugh.gif

My partner and I will be there, I expect a good contingent from the pacific NW, probably Cooley and Voight will be back to defend the title, etc. Its a great match, generally about a third mil, a third leo, and a third civilian. Extremely fun and very challenging.
Best,
James

My partner and I shot last year, and it was a blast! I shot it with a single shot, and that turned out to be a bigger handicap than I thought. I'm a little better prepared this year with a new rifle, Badger bottom metal and Nightforce scope. They really are as bright and clear as they say!
I will also be bringing lots more water!!

Jesse and I will be there...team R Bros. I think there are a few more teams from the Washington/Idaho area going. Looking foward to seeing everyone from last year.

For the ITRC vetrans, how many rounds do you actually shoot through the long gun? last year it seems like I shot alot less than the suggested 300 rounds, but I don't remember. what is the average?

Hmmm....may have to see if my buddy wants to shoot the long rifle while I'm on carbine (for next year).

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try and shoot this next year... does anyone know how long the background takes, is it a simple 4473 deal?

Dave </div></div>

Dave - You can use me as a personal reference - I will/can vouch for you, done deal! I believe a CWP will also serve.

Aug ><>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Landon G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody shooting the ITRC this year? </div></div>

Any more info on this match? I used the search but nothing from 2010 match....has it passed? Where is it located....on my way to WCT to look!!!

Ahh...maybe next year....where are details of the match? PM me if I am welcome and the info is priviladged.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try and shoot this next year... does anyone know how long the background takes, is it a simple 4473 deal?

Dave </div></div>

Dave - You can use me as a personal reference - I will/can vouch for you, done deal! I believe a CWP will also serve.

Aug ><> </div></div>

I made a first round hit on a mile target today with the fifty! By the way, this is Bill. My brother and I met you and Joe last year at the ITRC and we talked again this year. It was awesome...my first attempt at that range...before I was out of elevation travel with my flat rings on the Barrett...with those rings I picked up at the match I can now get out to 2250 (roughly) with the BORS. I dialed the BORS to 1800 yards as the AMAX that I had loaded (233 grains of h50) were a little below the 2750 fps that was programmed into my BORS unit. I dialed 8 moa of wind. We had a 10-15 mph wind going left to right. Drilled the target about 6 inches to the right of the bull, elevation was dead on! I was stoked...and I had a witness!!!
DSCN0319.jpg

I missed the match this year, after shooting the previous 5 matches or so. Don't think the match was specifically a fundraiser for the election. Dave didn't win, the incumbent (Pownall) was re-elected.

Last year at least all the match fees had to be sent in to Surefire, but there wasn't much (if any) Surefire gear on the prize table, so I'm not clear on the sponsorship details.

I do know it is a fun match, and I sorely missed not competing this year. Keep hoping for a good match write-up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I missed the match this year, after shooting the previous 5 matches or so. Don't think the match was specifically a fundraiser for the election. Dave didn't win, the incumbent (Pownall) was re-elected.

Last year at least all the match fees had to be sent in to Surefire, but there wasn't much (if any) Surefire gear on the prize table, so I'm not clear on the sponsorship details.

I do know it is a fun match, and I sorely missed not competing this year. Keep hoping for a good match write-up. </div></div>

My little brother and I shot the ITRC this year. There was a rifle company out of Montana that supplied the grand prize which was two of their custom rifles built to your specs...I believe there name was snowy mountain rifles? It was a great time as usual...the Voigt Cooley team cleaned house...AGAIN!!! My brother and I had a great first day, a horrible second day and a decent third day...We are aspiring to put together three consecutive good shooting days next year and place in the top ten...I continue to put rounds down range and work towards that goal. The helicopter shoot was awesome. I did notice that they did not have as many cameramen and video going this year. I think that Dave may have been busy in the time leading up to the event with his election and all. But it was still a great time with excellent shooters and good people all around.

It was a fun match again this year. Voight and Cooley barely won it. We had points up on them going into the shoot off. Maybe next year. They are tough competitors and had a really good strategy. Next year we will be unveiling a little surprise for the competition.

Not sure if Surefire was involved or not this time. Really no mention of them. Dave provided some prizes out of his pocket. Weather was hot in the afternoon, with the typical Sunday thundershower for the shootoff. Fun match for sure.

I keep waiting for someone to kick butt on the LR portion with a semi-auto.

The shoot-off. Ugh. We were in the top two year before last, before we had to restart due to obscured targets, then were quickly eliminated the second go round. So close, yet so far.

I heard that this upcoming event may be held in Prescott AZ if he can generate enough interest. They did not have near as many photographers on hand this year.

I would love for it to be in AZ!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try and shoot this next year... does anyone know how long the background takes, is it a simple 4473 deal?

Dave </div></div>

Aug ><> </div></div>

I made a first round hit on a mile target today with the fifty! By the way, this is Bill. My brother and I met you and Joe last year at the ITRC and we talked again this year. It was awesome...my first attempt at that range...before I was out of elevation travel with my flat rings on the Barrett...with those rings I picked up at the match I can now get out to 2250 (roughly) with the BORS. I dialed the BORS to 1800 yards as the AMAX that I had loaded (233 grains of h50) were a little below the 2750 fps that was programmed into my BORS unit. I dialed 8 moa of wind. We had a 10-15 mph wind going left to right. Drilled the target about 6 inches to the right of the bull, elevation was dead on! I was stoked...and I had a witness!!!
DSCN0319.jpg
</div></div>

Bill - Hell yea I remember you and your brother!! Congrats on your mile shot Bill - that's really AWESOME Bud!!

Bring that rifle to Gillette this year & I will spot for you, for your entrance into the 2011 ITRC one mile club. Lets just plan on get'n it done this year with me on your 6!!

Aug ><>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try and shoot this next year... does anyone know how long the background takes, is it a simple 4473 deal?

Dave </div></div>

Aug ><> </div></div>

DSCN0319.jpg
</div></div>

Bill - Hell yea I remember you and your brother!! Congrats on your mile shot Bill - that's really AWESOME Bud!!

Bring that rifle to Gillette this year & I will spot for you, for your entrance into the 2011 ITRC one mile club. Lets just plan on get'n it done this year with me on your 6!!

Aug ><> </div></div>

I emailed Dave up there to see if he had any idea on this year's dates he indicated that the event may be in Prescott AZ this year instead of in Gillette...You heard anything about this?

Bill - I have been in touch with Dave on a fairly regular basis this winter. PM inbound

Aug ><>

When I spoke with Dave couple of weeks back, he was inferring that the next itrc might be in spring, in az but he didn't say what year. Last year was our first & we had a great time but not knowing when or where has made it near impossible to plan to attend.
MLM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marklmiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I spoke with Dave couple of weeks back, he was inferring that the next itrc might be in spring, in az but he didn't say what year. Last year was our first & we had a great time but not knowing when or where has made it near impossible to plan to attend.
MLM </div></div>

Team Miller/Miller? - I remember you gentlemen, we visited a few times up at the hooch where you parked your camper.

I am the ELR shooter on the .50 cal, running on the longer range targets up the canyon. Welcome to the Hide Mark!!

I will hopefully be talking to Dave pretty soon on unrelated matters. I will bring this to his attention & see if I can pin him down on a date & location?

Edited to add:

Just talked to Dave - He hopes to have hard dates & location by the end of Feb. - This will afford roughly 5 months lead time before 2011 ITRC. When he finalizes arrangements/plans, I will post them here.

Aug ><>

Hi Aug,

Thanks for the welcome. Been getting those 2200yd hits regularly these days? I remember the impact sound wayyyyy after the shot. That is absolutely unnatural for me & what I've been around my entire life. Very cool!

Thanks also for the update from Dave.

MLM

Mark - I do what I can, when I can... Actually we train at those distances (and beyond) at my place quite regularly. This year it is my goal to run to the extent of the transonic range of my bullet/load combination, which should put me at roughly 2650 yards @ 3300ft ASL at 60F with standard air pressure.

My partner & I have tried this engagement distance before on my range, but the trick may be getting off of the ground because of the heat waves rising off of the earth from the shooting position to the target, creates a lot of noise. My partner & I managed a 3 shot engagement on a target last year, at a distance of 2950 yards. Joe shot from a bluff, where the earth fell away from the shooting position rapidly, which reduced the atmospheric noise so we could determine the actual field conditions that resulted in our success in this instance, on this given day. It certainly is a learning experience, gained from a lot of trial & error - but as I always say - the harder you work & train, the luckier you get.

Again, it was good bumping into you here, & hopefully we will see you in person again this year!!

Best Regards, Aug ><>

Any news as to whether this match will be in Wyoming at the customary venue or relocating to AZ or points elsewhere? Unable to reach Dave by phone today, any updates appreciated.
Best,
James

Jim-

I'll talk to Brian with Surefire tomorrow see what the ITRC plan is, drop you a line with what intel I can gather. May 21&22 in Kaycee is still on, pistol with Henk..FYI

Best
Mark

Got an email back from Dave today, he is talking to Gunsite early this next week as to possible change in venue and says he will post info on D&L website before the end of the month. Prescott in August sounds a bit warm to me, but maybe changing the dates to a winter match is also up for discussion.
Best,
James

We will be anxiously be waiting and watching as well!!! It will be nice when we can start planning for the match!

Start looking at early March 2012 at Gunsite. Dave will be trying to get on the long ranges with me over the weekend, but that's the current plan.

Just talked to Dave and it is set for early March 2012. Registration will be up on his site at the end of this week. Check www.dlsports.com in a few days.

Dave said they will be having it in Arizona from now on. The next shoot will be March 2, 3, 4 of 2012, sorry guys. I have made a ton of phone calls and still am, several of us want to see this shoot continue and are getting more and more parties to help.

I guess Mac's gunworks will have to take over with a tactical match in the Gillette area.

The DL sports website was just updated, Looks like no 2011 event like Cory said, it will be the first part of March 2012 at gunsite.