• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Its Finally Here (Range Report)

ajwcotton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Back in KS
I got a call the other day that this arrived at my local FFL
DSCN1353.jpg

MY new GAP crusader in 300 WSM!!
I went and shot it the other day after the juniper swamp match just to break her in and it was shooting some generic 165 gr hunting ammo into .75" groups. Unfortunately I am in the process of moving and wont have my reloading bench set up for at least a month, so until then anyone have any pet loads for a 175 smk out of a 1:11.5 barrel?
DSCN1358.jpg
Got to shoot some black hills gold 175 smk and the results are in. 4 Large will get you one hell of a rifle. I don't have pictures of the 100 yd target, it got shot by my buddy with my ar15 but this is a pic of the 300 yd target with the 175 smk from black hills. I didn't get a five shot group cause 2 of the rounds had bad primers anyone else shoot black hills and have rounds not go off?
The 100 yd target looked like one ragged hole through the USO. And if my math is right although it is a 3 shot group it is .261 moa at 300. the best group I have ever shot.
Thanks for looking,
Adam

Re: Its Finally Here

well I have a lot of 175 smk's from my 308, I would love to shoot the 208, but I'm not sure yet on the seating depth it's running the m5 BM and I don't yet know how long the coal will be so I was thinking of shooting all the 175's I have before going with the 208 a max, but if anyone knows a good 208 load that will fit the mag i'd be willing to try.
And yes it has a FTE brake.