• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Its gotta be pre 1970

We really had no idea what the implications of this day would mean.

1702165684385.jpeg

Great thread. Remember gathering in the living room every Sunday night to watch the Ed Sullivan show on a B&W TV. Brought back fond memories. Thankful I was born when I was and there was a sense of innocence in those time but the war in SVN changed things forever.

Reactions: MrSmith
How about when the piece was written?

I first heard that piece circa 58? Have loved it since. I do have some excellent stereo recordings but sadly have never heard a huge organ live. I think Bach and Beethoven were the standouts amongst many greats.

The Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ is the pipe organ in the Main Auditorium of the Boardwalk Hall (formerly known as the Atlantic City Convention Hall) in Atlantic City, New Jersey, built by the Midmer-Losh Organ Company. It is the largest organ in the world, as measured by the number of pipes (officially 33,113, but the exact number is unknown).

Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ - Wikipedia

Organ
How about when the piece was written?

This why we can't have nice things.
Excuse me, but I was just interpreting the rules of the thread.

“Pre-1970. Anything goes”

"It's a Wonderful Life."

I have the DVD in black and white. It is my favorite Christmas movie and one of my all time favorite movies. One man can make a difference, which means a piece of shit like me stands a chance of having a positive effect.

The strongest emotion for me is when his wife, played by Donna Reed, goes out in a snow storm to beg people for help to save her husband. No concern for her physical safety or health. No concern how it might appear to the community. She risked it all to help her husband.

But I love sarcastic lines.
At Martini's
"Look, we serve hard drinks to men who want to get drunk fast. And we don't need pixies like you giving the place "atmosphere"."