• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Its here!!- New JP 6.5 Grendel SCR-11

jackal1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Hawaii
It finally arrived my new Grendel SCR-11. WOW!!..This rifle from JP screams quality. If you are looking for the highest quality of precision workmanship in a AR this has to be one of... if not the best you will handle in your hands. The detail that JP puts in there builds are worth every penny. I have started some small Mods as you can see in my pix but not many more before I take it to the range to see what it is capable of doing.

I am very pleased with it and look forward to letting you guys know how it does.

Attachments

• IMG_6852.jpg
    IMG_6852.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6872.jpg
    IMG_6872.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6841.jpg
    IMG_6841.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6863.jpg
    IMG_6863.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6865.jpg
    IMG_6865.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Very nice, congrats! What type of anti-walk pins are those?

Range report soon please!

Very nice, congrats! What type of anti-walk pins are those?

Range report soon please!

Thanks its KNS Gen ST

Pix came oot upside down for some reason...gotta see if i can fix this.

That is one nice gasser! Great caliber. Congrats. As others have stated, I'd be real interested to see a range report.

Thanks jon...I am waiting on some reloading components and am looking forward to some trigger time.
That is one nice gasser! Great caliber. Congrats. As others have stated, I'd be real interested to see a range report.

I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. I hate feeling jealous on a Monday morning.

Nice stick sir.

What bolt did you get? Is it their new one by any chance? Nice looking boom stick.

Looking forward to range report at distance.

What bolt did you get? Is it their new one by any chance? Nice looking boom stick.

Looking forward to range report at distance.

Its AA I'm pretty sure because there is no JP branding and also not as clean machined. It is black and white compared with there Low Mass carrier that is mirror finished and smooth as glass. I am goin to be looking of a cleaner bolt and hope JP releases there enhanced 6.5 bolt.
Any ideas?

That looks just as beautiful as mine, I have the same rifle. Those JP's are in a class all of their own congrats and enjoy.

That looks just as beautiful as mine, I have the same rifle. Those JP's are in a class all of their own congrats and enjoy.

Thanks Jevan you are so right! I've been following threads on it and also some of yours that made it much easier to pull the trigger and place my order. I will tell anybody that is thinking of going with the high end AR...JP stands alone in this platform. I know high quality precision rifles because i shoot rifle bench rest and this is like BAT Machine and one of Bruces Actions...extremely high quality. There customer service is top notch as everyone has been saying. I am waiting for more handlioading components to arrive so I can take it to the range to tune.

I am so sure about how well this rifles are made I will be placing a order on a new LRP-07 in a 308. I will be sending them a Lancer hand guard i have...see pic.. and a SLR sentry 9 series gas block to install in my build.I am so glad I made that decision on JP...WOW!!

14.6'' length 9.9 oz weight including barrel nut. Lancer Rail View attachment 40963 IMG_6913.jpg IMG_6914.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! I am just building a 6mm Grendel. What mags are you going to run? Also what scope rings are those?

I will be using ACS stainless mags in 10 and 25 round cap. I have read a lot of reviews on these are the best. I have 5 of each and they are very smooth as far as I can tell. I also have Magpul 20 round Gen 3 in .556 that can hold about 7 Grendels and cycle smoothly as I have read others are running.

The unimount is Aero Precision ultralight 30mm extended base that weighs 2.9 oz. very well machined.

Last edited:
Ordered a Grendel barrel kit from JP 3 weeks ago. We talked to them today and it's supposed to ship Mon. w/ the new enhanced bolt. Gunner said all barrel kits will be shipped w/ them now. We'll see if he's right when it arrives.
Your rifle is a beauty.....

Ordered a Grendel barrel kit from JP 3 weeks ago. We talked to them today and it's supposed to ship Mon. w/ the new enhanced bolt. Gunner said all barrel kits will be shipped w/ them now. We'll see if he's right when it arrives.
Your rifle is a beauty.....

Thanks...im sure you will be very happy with it..Let me know if you get the new bolt and also if there is JP Branding on your bolt mine has none.

Here is a couple more pix with some of my Mods and also the weight of my rifle. Im pretty happy with the weight with the 18'' Med taper barrel. Check out the difference in the V7 castle nut and end plate against the steel ones.

I also have a Vltor buffer tube at 4oz and my MFT minimalist stock at 6oz I changed out the Socom . I have several more mods to add including my short throw Badass safety in my pix.

IMG_6931.JPGIMG_6932.jpgIMG_5703.jpgIMG_6904.JPGIMG_6907.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Jevan you are so right! I've been following threads on it and also some of yours that made it much easier to pull the trigger and place my order. I will tell anybody that is thinking of going with the high end AR...JP stands alone in this platform. I know high quality precision rifles because i shoot rifle bench rest and this is like BAT Machine and one of Bruces Actions...extremely high quality. There customer service is top notch as everyone has been saying. I am waiting for more handlioading components to arrive so I can take it to the range to tune.

I am so sure about how well this rifles are made I will be placing a order on a new LRP-07 in a 308. I will be sending them a Lancer hand guard i have...see pic.. and a SLR sentry 9 series gas block to install in my build.I am so glad I made that decision on JP...WOW!!

14.6'' length 9.9 oz weight including barrel nut. Lancer Rail View attachment 40963 View attachment 40970 View attachment 40971

It's a nice rifle, for sure. To get the whole "JP experience" you really need to round it out with the LMOS and silent capture spring. Do you have the JP comp trigger?

Also, according to Dustin at JP, JP will not install any other manufacturer's parts on their factory-built rifles. I know this because I just asked him about a week ago if they would install an SLR if I sent it to them.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and grab those other parts.

Happy and safe shooting.

It's a nice rifle, for sure. To get the whole "JP experience" you really need to round it out with the LMOS and silent capture spring. Do you have the JP comp trigger?

Also, according to Dustin at JP, JP will not install any other manufacturer's parts on their factory-built rifles. I know this because I just asked him about a week ago if they would install an SLR if I sent it to them.

Happy and safe shooting.

Thanks FALex no need to do myself any favors I do have the LMOS BCG and also there comp trigger...also in my second set of pix you can see my silent capture spring. I will talk to Dustin in the morning thanks again.

Happy and safe shooting.

Thanks FALex no need to do myself that favor because I do have the LMOS BCG and also there comp trigger...also in my second set of pix you can see my silent capture spring. I will talk to Dustin in the morning thanks again.

That is one beautiful rifle. Top quality. I am really looking forward to a range report. Congratulations sir!

Happy and safe shooting.

That is a bummer. I talked with them about this exact same thing 2 months ago and dustin and a engineer I talked to both had no problem with me sending them my choice in a adjustable gas block.

That is a bummer. I talked with them about this exact same thing 2 months ago and dustin and a engineer I talked to both had no problem with me sending them my choice in a adjustable gas block.

I don't think I'm gonna have a problem because if you look at my rail the extention is almost identical to there's right down to the torx screw settings. I put down allot of coin for there rigs and have a couple more I will be ordering so I'm sure there will be exceptions ... If not I can do the install myself. I wanted them to do it because they use locktite on certain things including there rails and screws and I just diddnt wanna deal with it. I can always let them know to not use it on my rail if need be but I'm almost positive they will honer my requests.