• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's not a Giraud but it's a heck of a lot cheaper

SemperFiDawg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Dublin, Georgia
I hate trimming cases. I wanted to get a Giraud, but didn't want to fork over the money. Yesterday while getting ready to trim some cases I had an epiphany. I built this jig to mount my RCBS case trimmer into my new drill press($67 from Northern Tool this week). Works like a charm.
Easy and fast. Anyone else done anything like this?
IMG00193-20100313-1315.jpg

IMG00194-20100313-1315.jpg

IMG00195-20100313-1315.jpg

Re: It's not a Giraud but it's a heck of a lot cheaper

Pics? Sorry, my computer was slow
grin.gif
. I see them now!

forster makes a trimming stand designed to be used with a drill press!

I use a 1/2 inch cordless drill to drive mine.
You should get a 3 way cutter if you want to save some time.

I have a drill press on my bench and I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. To the OP, do you find the drill speed is too high for the brass trimmer, or is it no problem?

I can change the belt on the press to change the rpms. I went with the slowest rmp which is 620 if I'm not mistaken. Nothing gets hot or even warm... the cutter head, the trimmer bearings, etc.

Post a link for the for the Foster Stand??

That looks good. Should save a lot of time. I assume the stop ring would have to be kept well lubed to prevent wear....

I put the power drill into the bench vice chuck up my Possum hollow trimmer, and go. Although it doesn't deburr the cases, I can trim them really fast. The Possum hollow trimmer just requires that I hold the case with my fingers and push it against the cutter. The cutter is inside so that I can't cut my fingers on it, and it will trim as fast as I can grab a case and push it against the cutter.

And I don't have any connection with the company...I'm just always looking for a way to speed up the reloading process.