• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i've never been a corvette fan, but damn!

Re: i've never been a corvette fan, but damn!

I like it too, and it has some snot to back up its looks.

I'm really digging the new styling. I don't know that it's going to age as well as previous designs, but right now, in this moment, it looks awesome.

More importantly, it seems to have the technical credentials to maintain its position as the best value in the sports car market. 450 HP combined with a curb weight around 3,100lbs should get the job done.

From a selfish standpoint, I hope that the new car is good enough to cause existing C6Z06 owners to immediately sell their cars for a bargain price
wink.gif

It kind of has a Lotus front end.
I like the new lines. The black on red look fierce.
Those will sell like hotcakes!

Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that...

I saw the article on Yahoo last night. I love the lines on this Vette, and I've never been a big Vette guy. Beautiful car, and it looks like it has some real guts. Glad to see Detroit putting out some quality machines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that... </div></div>

the same reason we need barrett 50s...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corey4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that... </div></div>

the same reason we need barrett 50s... </div></div>

Tsk Tsk! You'll shoot your eye out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that... </div></div>

Lmao. Maybe if it was 40 hp, that would be enough, right?

While I'm not a fan, the corvette has represented an amazing value for years. Regular gas, great MPG, near super-car performance, and can be fixed with a hammer!? It's hard to knock it. Interior design not withstanding. This is a great evolutionary design change. Looks awesome.

Nice power:weight but I don't see the semblance to the old Stingrays and the fact that it's a GM disqualifies it from my list of potential cars anyway. Looks a little heavy on the plastic and high on the Rice-boy but that's the new norm so...

Hate the rib running across the doors.

Hate the tail lights. Corvettes are 'sposed to have round, or nearly round tail lamps.

Corvettes are also supposed to be "bottom feeders", with no grill/air inlet exposed up front....I know the C6 broke this rule Also.

Love the Ferrari testarossa (ish) "hips", where the back glass is narrow, and you can literally set a beer down ON the rear quarters.

Quad exhaust outlets are over embellished and gawky.

Love the throwback style to the crossed flag Corvette emblem.

Red leather interior?? Really? Hope that's a RARE option.

LT1? Again? Couldn't think of a new name? Regardless, DI and VVT is cool. GM builds great engines.

450hp:3100lbs is right nice. Kudos to GM for keeping the weight at bay.

Bottom line: its OK. Better than a lot of the concepts I saw, but not terribly exciting.

Hate the tail lamps!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that...</div></div>

You work for the automobile branch of the Brady Campaign?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the Ferrari testarossa (ish) "hips"</div></div>

That was my first thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate the rib running across the doors.</div></div>

I wouldn't say that I hate it, but without that feature, it would have had a really wicked "coke bottle" or "wasp waist" look (much like the C3).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate the tail lights. Corvettes are 'sposed to have round, or nearly round tail lamps.</div></div>

Not sure who wrote this rule, but there were nine years of Corvette in the not-so-distant past that broke it:

fr812.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Corvettes are also supposed to be "bottom feeders", with no grill/air inlet exposed up front....I know the C6 broke this rule Also.</div></div>

As did the C1, C2, and C3. I see a blend of the C2 and C3 in the new grille. Kinda like it; the monolithic look of the C4 and C5 got old after two decades.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the Ferrari testarossa (ish) "hips", where the back glass is narrow, and you can literally set a beer down ON the rear quarters.</div></div>

Probably my favorite part of the new car!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quad exhaust outlets are over embellished and gawky.</div></div>

Agreed. It's like someone looked at the CTS-V coupe and said, "Let's double it!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the throwback style to the crossed flag Corvette emblem.</div></div>

Agreed, but the one at the rear of the car looks just a touch big.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Red leather interior?? Really? Hope that's a RARE option.</div></div>

Agreed. But other than the color, you'd have to admit it's a huge improvement over the present model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LT1? Again? Couldn't think of a new name? Regardless, DI and VVT is cool. GM builds great engines.</div></div>

Eh, LT1 has a lot of heritage when it comes to Corvettes, and provides a natural stepping stone to a future LT4. The modest improvement over the LS3 leaves me wanting more (and I fully recognize that it takes a very jaded person to get a "meh" feeling about a production V8 that turns out 450 HP).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">450hp:3100lbs is right nice. Kudos to GM for keeping the weight at bay.</div></div>

The weight is extremely impressive. What's really cool is that technology such as structural aluminum and carbon fiber continue to progress down-market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, I just can't understand why anyone would need a car like that...</div></div>

You work for the automobile branch of the Brady Campaign? </div></div>

Why, yes, I do. How'd ya guess?
laugh.gif

Never coveted a Corvette until the current generation. They really are great looking. But while I WANT one... I've got a 1/2 mile of dirt, potholed driveway and I can't drive it to it's potential without writing myself a bunch of tickets. So I'll just stick w. 800 Ft. Lbs torque in the pickup truck diesel and admire them from afar.

But the current generation of 'Vettes. Have tempted me on more than one occasion.

I'd have to see one of the new ones in person to know whether I liked it as much. But as some have said above, there is probably no better value in a GT-car (I won't say Sports car) than the current Corvette.

Cheers,

Sirhr

IMG_6241.jpg

Soon as the Z version comes out I'm trading the current ride for one. Corvette has still got to be the best bang for the buck out there.

As much as I hate to say it, this might give the 2013 911 turbo s a run for its money. Dakota2goon, if you get it and wanna run heads up, im down.

Not thinking the 2014 base model will run with a turbo 911? If/when they produce a "Z" or some facimile of it that will be something to see. Hopefull they continue the 7liter powerplant or even a newer version of the 6.2 supercharged plant in the ZR1(tis what I currently have and is icky fast with some simple mods). I will be in your area sometime this spring though and would be up for a run!!!

Absolutely ridiculous. One of the most dangerous areas in the country is the Interstate Highway, with over 3,000 lives lost in Texas in 2010 alone. The way I see, if a big truck can pull 80k pounds down the road with no problems, that power to weight ratio should be enough for anybody on the road. So figure the big truck has 500 horsepower, and you've got a power to weight ratio of 0.00625 hp/pound. Apply the same factor to this 'Vette, and all it should put out is 19.375 horsepower. This is a common sense proposal that will result in fewer lives lost on our nation's Interstate Highway System.

[/sarcasm]

It's butt ugly. And that's a no shitter.

Sexy vette, but I would prefer two Challenger RTs (orange and black)..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota2goon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_6241.jpg

Soon as the Z version comes out I'm trading the current ride for one. Corvette has still got to be the best bang for the buck out there. </div></div>

omg sick ride.

I got a chance to see the car in person during the industry preview yesterday - damn. Pictures really don't do it justice.

The new Vettes parking brake is... LAME! But then again, how many Vettes ever really get driven?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new Vettes parking brake is... LAME!</div></div>

Are you referring to its electronic parking brake? I don't see any problem with it, largely because I'd only use it when parking the car (it's not some POS FWD car that requires use of the parking brake for kicking out the tail), and because it saves room in the center console area. This is why electronic parking brakes are pretty typical on higher-end cars nowadays. If the Vette came with a handbrake, there'd just be a bunch of pansy-ass Internet trolls complaining that it costs $50k and GM went cheap on the e-brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota2goon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not thinking the 2014 base model will run with a turbo 911? If/when they produce a "Z" or some facimile of it that will be something to see. Hopefull they continue the 7liter powerplant or even a newer version of the 6.2 supercharged plant in the ZR1(tis what I currently have and is icky fast with some simple mods). I will be in your area sometime this spring though and would be up for a run!!! </div></div>

Oh I agree, I don't think a base model would have a shot bit a "z" model would be fun to race.

I was never a fan of the newer Vettes, but Wow...that looks great? It's really making me miss my old 69 Vette 427 Tri-Power...argh.

Having grown up with a DIE HARD Vette collector for a father I will say - Corvette is not and will never be the car it was when it first arrived on the scene way back when....in the time period between 82 - 2008 GM allowed the competition to develop and innovate while they sat back getting fat....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yka-YIwGKk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yka-YIwGKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>