• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I've tasted the Hensoldt koolaid...

Re: I've tasted the Hensoldt koolaid...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF YOU took time to read...but YOU don't...

For my type of shooting (getting rifle from the safe to car to shooting range and shooting 80% < 300m and sometimes up to a 1000y) hawke is more than enough, it tracks, it displays image so i can see the target and so far it works ( I NEVER said it's for everyone let alone hard use or that glass is spectacular - as i allready said in several hawke threads). You can smirk all you want but the fact is even a 300$ scope if built correctly WILL WORK and difference in NORMAL conditions will not be that great (as some of you preach it to be)...

Did i say Hawke is in the same ballpark as Hensoldt? NO
Did i say Hensoldt is piece of shit? NO
What i DID SAY is that for some shooters 300$ scope is more than enough AND that buying a scope as investment is bullcrap. So cool off your jets and relax your favorite koolaid still tastes sweet... </div></div>

So is that a no?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is, it's an investment, just like the rifle itself.</div></div>

You buy rifles as investment??? You'll get better returns using stocks/options and some education in shorting (as everything goes down the drain
smile.gif
) or just investing in real assets...

<span style="font-weight: bold">First, I'm going to acknowledge right off the bat that your location says "Slovenia" so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt concerning the definition of the English word "investment". "Investment does not necessarily mean gaining a monetary return. There are many benefits besides an almighty dollar to be taken into consideration. However, to give you an example: If I bought stock in company "A" and bought 10K shares at $100 a share and took a quarterly dividend, I would make a substantial amount of money over five years. Now at the end of five years I sold that stock for the same price I paid for it, it may not be a "great" investment, but I sure took away quite a bit in dividends, so aren't those dividends worth something? </span>

I DO understand people who buy Hensoldt for business (SWATS, governments etc..:), i will even understand people who buy the best and the most expensive stuff there is just to feel special but i will never ever understand someone who will buy a Hensoldt for investment WTF is your notion of investment??? Buy Hensoldt for 3k today and sell it for 2800$ in five years and feel good about yourself for losing 200$ in 5 years that is not investment thats losing money????---> unless you have "wannabe" sindrome...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Why is buying a quality product "wannabe" sYndrom? Are you the same guy that says a Yugo or Lada is the same as a Mercedes because both cars will get you where you need to go? Or where do you take into consideration the benefit of use? If I shoot every weekend for five years that would be 260 weekends of shooting. If I only loose $200 over five years I've paid less than a $1 a weekend to "use" the top of the line scope. So I reap a benefit (pleasure of use) regardless of the dollar lost. Your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to start taking it apart. Bottom line: You have NO idea what you're talking about. Here's an example. Is David Tubb a "wannabe"? He's not military or LEO. Is the entire F-Class teams of "X" countries "wannabes"? What if you were prior military or LEO? I would like you to tell David Tubb that he's a "wannabe" shooter because he's shooting a S&B and not in the military.</span>

I had opportunity to use 6-24x72 and while i do admit scope is great and undoubtedly one of the brightest outthere i will also say that my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m (target shooting only mind you).

<span style="font-weight: bold">Every type of shooting is "target" shooting even if that target is shooting back so trying to qualify your remarks by stating "target" only doesn't work</span>.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF YOU took time to read...but YOU don't...

For my type of shooting (getting rifle from the safe to car to shooting range and shooting 80% < 300m and sometimes up to a 1000y) hawke is more than enough, it tracks, it displays image so i can see the target and so far it works ( I NEVER said it's for everyone let alone hard use or that glass is spectacular - as i allready said in several hawke threads). You can smirk all you want but the fact is even a 300$ scope if built correctly WILL WORK and difference in NORMAL conditions will not be that great (as some of you preach it to be)...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Actually, you did. This is what you said " i will also say that my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m (target shooting only mind you)" Here you are saying that your Hawke is "THE SAME" as a Hendsoldt. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">No, but you implied it to be a bad "investment" even though you don't know what you're talking about.</span>

What i DID SAY is that for some shooters 300$ scope is more than enough AND that buying a scope as investment is bullcrap. So cool off your jets and relax your favorite koolaid still tastes sweet...

<span style="font-weight: bold">The only people that a $300 scope is good for are people that can't afford anything else. Your entire diatribe shows your ignorance about scopes and points out that you have NO idea of how to tell the difference in quality between good and bad. Of course with your vast experience of taking your rifle from safe to car to clean manicured range should make you an expert on why the durability, accuracy and reliability doesn't matter in rifle scope. When I'm at the Bash banging my Hendsoldt around on trucks, buses, wood barriers, et al, I'll make sure to wonder if I should gone with the Hawke as it surely must be a better use of my money. </span> </div></div>

I might have taken word investment to literally as you do have a point.

I think many users who purchase top of the line scopes barely scratch the surface of their scopes ability and reliability if you can't see that that's not my problem. I don't want to debate what is a good scope or how to measure it suffice it to say i really doubt your F or whatever class targets hide themselves in bushes and that you shoot in bad weather conditions to such extreme to warrant absolute best of the best in glass quality - to each each own i just wonder how guys with lesser scopes manage to shoot anything.

Again for those with the money and wanting or needing the best by all means enjoy it just don't delude yourself its a necessity (military/police/hunting use excluded).
I prefer (actually i was in the market for IOR and bought el cheapo Hawke for a few months until new ones came to market) to spend 300$ for a scope (as i've found it suits my needs) and the difference to Hensoldt (or IOR for that matter) on rifles/guns/whatever which i couldn't afford if i got Hensoldt.

I think someone's acting like a parent who's had their baby called ugly...

Sharac's point is that the function of hitting a target accurately is accomplished with the same results with his Hawke as with a Hensoldt and additionally purchasing a depreciating asset shouldn't be called an investment but rather an indulgence. He is totally right for those of us who don't rely on our shooting for income or life preservation.

But you know, so what? Where's the joy in living if you only operate at the subsistence level? I have a Hensoldt, I've paid for a high value (but totally worth it) Tango-51, I've paid for high cost spotting scope and tripod etc. ALL of which could be substituted for lower cost alternative and the paper would still be punched. But it's a hobby or sport and the real utility and investment is from being able to have use of such high end equipment, to appreciate through first hand experience the marvel of modern precision engineering and optical sophistication.

I don't care what people say, I think it's f'ing cool and I love it and it makes my day when I'm on the range using that stuff.

Rock on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might have taken word investment to literally as you do have a point.

<span style="font-weight: bold">No worries</span>.

I think many users who purchase top of the line scopes barely scratch the surface of their scopes ability and reliability if you can't see that that's not my problem.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What I don't understand here is what difference does it make? If you can afford what you want, then why not buy it. One MUST have the ability to acknowledge and differentiate between good and bad in anything, regardless of whether or not it will be used for its fullest potential. It's about what you want. So if you were a millionaire business man and liked cars would it be safe to say you would not buy a sports car because you are not a race car driver?</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">
The second part is that for everyone on here that may have a safe queen rifle and scope that wont see a spec of dirt, there are others such as myself that will beat the crap out of their gear (within reason).</span>

I don't want to debate what is a good scope or how to measure it suffice it to say i really doubt your F or whatever class targets hide themselves in bushes and that you shoot in bad weather conditions to such extreme to warrant absolute best of the best in glass quality -

<span style="font-weight: bold">See, here is an example of where you are mistaken. If you believe that the quality of scope is irrelevant when it comes to things such as reading mirage, shooting in the rain, etc., you are mistaken. It does make a huge difference...you cannot refute quality but discrediting its necessity plain and simple. </span>

to each each own i just wonder how guys with lesser scopes manage to shoot anything.
Again, it's not black or white. It's not hit or miss. I can drive a Fiat around the Nurburgring in Germany and I'll get around the track fine, but does that mean I couldn't be faster in a Porsche? Of course I could. You show me a guy that can hit a target with a bad scope and I'll show you a guy that can shoot better with a better scope.
</span>
Again for those with the money and wanting or needing the best by all means enjoy it just don't delude yourself its a necessity (military/police/hunting use excluded).
I will agree with you here, it isn't a "necessity". It's a desire. But again, you cannot separate quality by use.
</span>
I prefer (actually i was in the market for IOR and bought el cheapo Hawke for a few months until new ones came to market) to spend 300$ for a scope (as i've found it suits my needs) and the difference to Hensoldt (or IOR for that matter) on rifles/guns/whatever which i couldn't afford if i got Hensoldt.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The priority of how one spends limited resources is really personal preference. I am now shooting a "stock" rifle with great glass as I feel that glass is the utmost priority in my hierarchy. But that's my opinion. I know I can hit a target if I can see it and that means in conditions over and above perfect weather with no mirage.</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is, it's an investment, just like the rifle itself.</div></div>

You buy rifles as investment??? You'll get better returns using stocks/options and some education in shorting (as everything goes down the drain
smile.gif

I DO understand people who buy Hensoldt for business (SWATS, governments etc..:), i will even understand people who buy the best and the most expensive stuff there is just to feel special but i will never ever understand someone who will buy a Hensoldt for investment WTF is your notion of investment??? Buy Hensoldt for 3k today and sell it for 2800$ in five years and feel good about yourself for losing 200$ in 5 years that is not investment thats losing money????---> unless you have "wannabe" sindrome...

I had opportunity to use 6-24x72 and while i do admit scope is great and undoubtedly one of the brightest outthere i will also say that my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m (target shooting only mind you).</div></div>

It is an investment....an investment in entertainment. If I want to shoot for fun, then I will have to spend money at some point. It is up to me how much money I decide to spend for that entertainment. I can't think of another hobby where I can spend money and use the item I purchased for 3 years, then either sell it and make a return off of it or have it depreciate a very little amount like is possible with firearms and scopes.

You talk about "wannabe sindrome" (should be spelled Syndrome).....I can't think of a bigger "wannabe" than someone who "wannabes" their $300 scope to work like a $3,000 scope. How about you use this forum to learn something about the differences of scopes and their manufacturing instead of spouting off utter crap. But hey, if your costs of entertainment is $300 instead of $3,000, then I suggest you either start working on your "investments" that you know so much about or just be happy that you have a $300 scope and stop crapping on this guy's thread with your BS.

Russell- Glad you like the new scope. I want to check it out sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will trade: two USO SN3's for 21 Hawke's... </div></div>
No you wouldn't.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF YOU took time to read...but YOU don't...

What i DID SAY is that for some shooters 300$ scope is more than enough AND that buying a scope as investment is bullcrap. So cool off your jets and relax your favorite koolaid still tastes sweet... </div></div>

So is that a no? </div></div>

J........

Is the offer open.......??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is, it's an investment, just like the rifle itself.</div></div>

smile.gif

I had opportunity to use 6-24x72 and while i do admit scope is great and undoubtedly one of the brightest outthere i will also say that my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m (target shooting only mind you). </div></div>

Um.. Perhaps to some people the cost of raising a child to the tune of $1,000,000+ on average is not a very good return on investment either. It is very nice to hear that your scope works for you, but perhaps some of us enjoy what they get out of their choices of rifles and scopes in terms of satisfaction and performance that makes the money spent what could be considered a "worthy investment." I would hate to think of myself as being afflicted with "wannabe syndrome" because of money spent on what works for me and makes me happy. I have no doubt that many many people get better results and have greater skill then me with less. I agree some people spend money on useless stuff and not enough time actually using it but it seems kinda foolish to bash folks as having made an unwise investment for spending money on something they consider worthwhile. </div></div>

It is so difficult when you come in and clober us with reason and logic........I cry foul.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is, it's an investment, just like the rifle itself.</div></div>

smile.gif

I had opportunity to use 6-24x72 and while i do admit scope is great and undoubtedly one of the brightest outthere i will also say that my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m (target shooting only mind you). </div></div>

Um.. Perhaps to some people the cost of raising a child to the tune of $1,000,000+ on average is not a very good return on investment either. It is very nice to hear that your scope works for you, but perhaps some of us enjoy what they get out of their choices of rifles and scopes in terms of satisfaction and performance that makes the money spent what could be considered a "worthy investment." I would hate to think of myself as being afflicted with "wannabe syndrome" because of money spent on what works for me and makes me happy. I have no doubt that many many people get better results and have greater skill then me with less. I agree some people spend money on useless stuff and not enough time actually using it but it seems kinda foolish to bash folks as having made an unwise investment for spending money on something they consider worthwhile. </div></div>

It is so difficult when you come in and clober us with reason and logic........I cry foul....... </div></div>

I only wish I was eloquent enough to put it into words the same way. Such is life.

A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass, there are no substitues known to man and neither are cheap.

Those that can do, those that cant cry about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass, there are no substitues known to man and neither are cheap.

Those that can do, those that cant cry about it.</div></div>

I think I'm gonna have to have some T-Shirts made.....that was poetic William.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I had opportunity to use 6-24x72 and while i do admit scope is great and undoubtedly one of the brightest outthere i will also say that <span style="font-weight: bold">my 300$ Hawke performs absolutely THE SAME up to 1000m</span> (target shooting only mind you). </div></div>
No fucking way.

I think what we are seeming here is the eastern european strain of PPCS fever (Piston Pete Counter Sniper).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass, there are no substitues known to man and neither are cheap.

Those that can do, those that cant cry about it. </div></div>

Man, that sums it all up.

The reality is for some, the only the best will do, and in everything the law of diminishing returns applies.

I have the new IOR 3.5-18, the Hensoldt 4-16 and both Premier scopes. Even without factoring in price, they are all great scopes. For me what the Hensoldt has that sets it apart is this unbelievable sight picture which none of the other scope have in the same way. The reticle is serviceable if not preferred, and it is very refined in every other way.

I get where ffhogue is coming from, he has 2 very high quality scopes instead of 1 arguably highest quality scope. If my needs were for 2 scopes and my budget was $4K, I would do exactly the same thing because the IOR is really nice. For me, I am glad I have both, and for me, the Hensoldt was worth the extra coin as I am also a complete optics junkie. They just need to work out more reticle choices.

So will a Hawke get you to 1000m? Same way a Yugo gets you to the market..... but you get there. It's just that a Beemer make the whole experience so much more enjoyable. Discussions on reliability/build quality take this particular conversation further on down the road........

Next you'll tell me the ladies really dig Hensoldt
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next you'll tell me the ladies really dig Hensoldt
smile.gif
...</div></div>

I thought that went without saying!

Amy from HDC does, I could call all day long and listen to their voicemail telling me no one is there, I wonder what the chances are of getting my wife to pickup that accent.

fbgux.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wonder what the chances are of getting my wife to pickup that accent. </div></div>

Send her here. I'll learn her up for you.

Subsequently, you get the added bonus of having her appreciate you a whole lot more after a couple weeks with me.

Several years back I worked as a professional photographer and actually had my own business doing the same. I photographed families, children, publicity adds, commercial product adds etc, etc, etc. I used a Hassleblad 500cm, Mamiya RB67, Mamiya 645 and a Nikon F3. The Hassleblad used Carl Ziess glass, the others used jap glass.

While the F3, 645 & RB67 were great cameras and had really good glass with really good resolution, they were not Carl Ziess (Hassleblad) glass. To give you an idea as to the clarity and resolution I'm talking about, when transparencies (slides) were shot with the Hassleblad for exposure proof testing a model was used and a 3/4 length pose was utilized. Gray cards and the exposure reading was placed in each photo. Looking at the best exposure on top of a light box with an 8x loop the individual threads used to hold buttons on her blouse could be seen with ease. Also, the small veins in her eyes, pores in her skin and individual eye lashes were visible. The transparency was 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" in size for comparison.

The glass was/is so sharp that pores in the skin can be seen on photographic paper when a headshot was taken. For those that don’t know, you always loose resolution when going from transparency or negative to paper and the paper proofs were still very sharp, sharp enough that a $3.00 filter was/is used to destroy the clarity of a $2,000 lens.
Hensoldt scopes and all Lieca products use Carl Ziess glass. This is possibly the best glass on the face of the planet so, while you may be able to see and aim at the target at 1k yards with your Hawkeye, that’s where the similarity ends. There’s no damn way a Hawkeye scope will compete with Ziess Glass..........ever.

And yes........chicks dig great glass.

If this is thread hijacking I apologize, But it appears that there are a lot of guys that have used the Hensoldt and the S&B both. I just recently purchased a 4x16 FFP that I mounted on my GAP .308. I also just acquired a TRG 42 .338 and was thinking of going with a little more power with on of the S&B's FFP. I really like the Hensoldt, but have never looked through an S&B. I sure there are some opinions in this thread.

Never said it will, point was all that resolution is mostly not needed. To clarify (THE SAME in my original post) what i meant with the same is that i am able to see the target and engage it, better glass is not needed BY ME to shoot at 1mx1m sized bullseye target @ 1000m.

As to investment i got the point that paying some "fee" to be able to use top of the line scope can have its merits...

For those who believe that they absolutely need top of the top for paper punching we'll just have to agree to disagree...

As to comments regarding my location they are totally uncalled for. However if that makes you feel better and helps you ignore content go ahead indulge i'm sure you can do better than first post...

PS: As to the Yugo i've always wondered who was dumb enough overseas to agree to import that crap over...

While I have a strong opion of Lieca/Ziess glass, S&B is very good as well. Most if not all of the German glass is stellar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I have a strong opion of Lieca/Ziess glass, S&B is very good as well. Most if not all of the German glass is stellar. </div></div>

I love my 4x16, but I'm thinking I might want higher magnification on the TRG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never said it will, point was all that resolution is mostly not needed. To clarify (THE SAME in my original post) what i meant with the same is that i am able to see the target and engage it, better glass is not needed BY ME to shoot at 1mx1m sized bullseye target @ 1000m.
</div></div>

If it works for you and you're happy with it then run it. For others though, it's more about image clarity, resolution and higher quality products. Glass is one area that you do get what you pay for. Personally, I cant make myself pull the trigger on a $2,500 to $3,000+ scope..............yet........but, if I did, it'd be the S&B PMII. I may move to a mil/mil NF in the near future but for now, I'll have to make due with my Leupold 8.5x25 Mk4.

antelk013.jpg

Not getting rid of mine any time soon.....this thing is as reliable as the sun coming up each morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txrpls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I have a strong opion of Lieca/Ziess glass, S&B is very good as well. Most if not all of the German glass is stellar. </div></div>

I love my 4x16, but I'm thinking I might want higher magnification on the TRG. </div></div>

I wouldn't mind trying a S&B 5-25. I don't see myself doing anything at 4 power that I couldn't do at 5 and the extra power might come in handy at times. I also like the wider range of reticle choices. That may be the next scope I try but for now this is it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The glass was/is so sharp that pores in the skin can be seen on photographic paper when a headshot was taken.

And yes........chicks dig great glass.
</div></div>

That's why porno industry is using Zeiss glass.

Those that can do, those that cant cry about it. </div></div>

Classic!
Jason, I'm in for a tee shirt!

Congrats on the Hensoldt...I can only wish. The Nightforce will have to do for now!

Enjoy your Ferrari my friend!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's why porno industry is using Zeiss glass. </div></div>

You dont need good glass to see some of those pores, just good glass cleaner and wet knaps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't mind trying a S&B 5-25. </div></div>

Pure wood my friend, pure wood.

WNroscoe,
With your photograghy background and appreciation for thing fine, I never understood why you haven't popped for the German glass.

Trilogymac

I've only got on socks, so I can tell its time to leave this post ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WNroscoe,
With your photograghy background and appreciation for thing fine, I never understood why you haven't popped for the German glass.

Trilogymac </div></div>

He knows if he got one, he would need to replace them all.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WNroscoe,

Trilogymac </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm gonna send him a Hensoldt to borrow for a couple weeks and ruin him for life!

JasonK make sure you send a copy of this video along with it
laugh.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zR_477WqAE4&ob=av3e"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zR_477WqAE4&ob=av3e" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WNroscoe,

Trilogymac </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm gonna send him a Hensoldt to borrow for a couple weeks and ruin him for life! </div></div>

Why didn't I get this offer? I had to buy one to try it.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never said it will, point was all that resolution is mostly not needed. To clarify (THE SAME in my original post) what i meant with the same is that i am able to see the target and engage it, better glass is not needed BY ME to shoot at 1mx1m sized bullseye target @ 1000m.

As to investment i got the point that paying some "fee" to be able to use top of the line scope can have its merits...

For those who believe that they absolutely need top of the top for paper punching we'll just have to agree to disagree...

As to comments regarding my location they are totally uncalled for. However if that makes you feel better and helps you ignore content go ahead indulge i'm sure you can do better than first post...
PS: As to the Yugo i've always wondered who was dumb enough overseas to agree to import that crap over... </div></div>

If I get what your saying, you would be just as happy shooting with peep sights.

I'd rather spend the money on good glass and enjoy a clear picture of my target and reliable/durable adjustments.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YB5ZXIEA7d4&NR=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YB5ZXIEA7d4&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAT5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We left him with a brand new 5x25x56 S&B a while back.</div></div>

I dont know what your talking about. There's no scope on that rifle
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know what your talking about. There's no scope on that rifle
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Hate it when that happens...
laugh.gif

Congrats on the new scope. I've never looked thru a Hensoldt, but I can only imagine. I played with a friend's S&B 4-16x50 couple weeks ago, and now I am selling off a bunch of guns to buy a S&B.

as for the $300 dollar scopes, I think you are paying too much for that Hawke. I have a $50 Tasco 3-9x42 on my Savage that works just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amy from HDC does, I could call all day long and listen to their voicemail telling me no one is there, I wonder what the chances are of getting my wife to pickup that accent.

fbgux.jpg
</div></div>

I love this photo. Amy makes the scope look even nicer.