• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns IWB holster favorites

f4phantom

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2009
Garland, Tx
Hi all. I would like to hear which iwb holster and belt combination you like most. The pistols I carry most are the TRP, 92FS, Baretta 84 and 442 S&W air weight. Thanks, Troy

Re: IWB holster favorites

I have a Milt Sparks VMII for a 4" 1911, absolutely the most comfortable iwb holster I have ever worn. I have bought and sold about a dozen other iwbs over the years.

Right now I am hunting one for a Glock 19, but bought a Galco V-hawk to hold me over. Its not here yet, but is pretty much a carbon copy of the VMII. I will post up a review once I get it and give it a go.

Crossbreed, I have left then just to comeback.

I love my Comp-tac Mtac. I found it to be more compact, and better built than the Crossbreed, but its all preference.
The Mtac can be configured for multiple pistols by swapping out the kydex portion. A very nice piece of kit imo.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95&osCsid=kqqsdo35nh9uppe3cehnvovan7

I also have Remora which is a great little holster in its own right. You wont find a negative comment on them if you google it.
http://www.remoraholsters.com/No_Clip_Holsters.html

For belt I wear a Bladetech in a 1 1/2" width, its a local company and I am happy with it so far at the $50 price point.
http://www.blade-tech.com/BLADE-TECH-Reinforced-Looper-Gun-Belt-Solid-Color-pr-1250.html

I have heard many good things about BeltMan belts, as they like to say here buy once cry once.
http://thebeltman.net/

All of these are great places to start, and are pretty popular amongst the CCW crowd as far as I have seen. Good luck on your choice.

I switch between 3 guns a .40, 9mm, and .380 depending on what im wearing.
I own a Don Hume IWB holsters for all of them. My local gun shop carries them for under $30, and quality for price I havent found anything better. They have held up and are worn daily.
I aslo have sig holster that i wear on the inner side of my belt and a Desantis dua carry l take when I travel that fits a full size .40 nicely.

Galco KingTuk with a good leather belt. Use the same one for both my Sig P239 (95% of the time) and my full size Sig P220, both completely disappear and are extremely comfortable to wear 12 hrs a day/ every day.

CS at Galco is great- the one experience I had with them, I lost one of the screws (I was stupid and didn't locktite- I emailed them and the next day they mailed out a full set (4) of screws and recessed nuts for free.

I carry a Glock 21 in a IWB Crossbreed supertuck deluxe and couldnt be happier. I carry in a office environment and have never been questioned. I use a plane jane instructors belt to carry on and it works well.

F4 Phantom,

That's quite the array of sidearms you'll carry! NICE!!!

A lot will have to do with your body shape! The TRP and S&W 442 will offer the slimmer profiles for you so taking up least amount of "spare" room for waistband.

As for belt, I'm a BIG advocate for reinforced leather belts, or if you prefer nylon, the 5.11 trainer belts. I'd also steer you towards 1.5 inch belts, as that'll fit most any holsters out there. Sometimes 1.75" belts can be tight in the belt loops!

For IWB carry, it'll be a G36, Commander 1911 or S&W BG380. I have tried the Crossbreed. I understand why people like them - holster is always open(won't collapse) and allows for one-hand reholser. Wide "footprint" so pressure on body is distributed. I personally didn't like it, but I've only worn it 4-5 times. I'm still evaluating it.

For G36 I have a Galso Royal Guard. AWESOME. By far my favorite IWB holster yet! I like the cant, the reinforced opening and the split belt loop straps because of course I wear it RIGHT WHERE the belt loop on my jeans is. CON? - price!

1911 - a holster a friend of mine made. Modeled after the Galco R.G. above, so enough said there.

BG380 - I'm sorry I forget the model name, but one I purchased from High Noon Holsters(Florida) It is the fake black leather and allows me to tuck a shirt in between the holster and pants so no need for layers. This one uses a clip onto the belt for holding in place. CON - opening not too reinforced so reholster in a hurry would be shoving it in my front pocket. Then again, this is a 10-15ft distance gun, I won't be in a big hurry to reholster.

I would think a Beretta 92 or even the 84 are a bit wide for IWB carry. Nice pistols, don't get me wrong, but large for IWB CCW purposes.

Best of luck!

-G45

I use Sparks SSIIs for the M&P, Glock, or 1911s, and a Raven IWB when I carry the M&P with attached light. I use either Wilderness Instructor and Frequent Flyer belts, or a leather "Real Man's Belt" from Simply Rugged.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone
laugh.gif

I like my Comp-tac MTAC. It's comfortable and has the option to tuck your shirt in if you are going somewhere that would require a tucked in shirt.

+10 ON THE COMP TAC MTAC... Have been wearing one almost every day for about 3 years now, and switch between a glock, full size 1911 and commander sized 1911 with the interchangeable half bodies. Comfortable, good retention and very good concealment (no one has ever mentioned that I was printing anyway)

i have a mike Del Fatti isp lp2 and i love it but i warn u the price is kinda high but ill pay for comfort

Crossbreed Super for XDm and the Crossbreed Mini for Kahr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f4phantom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all. I would like to hear which iwb holster and belt combination you like most. The pistols I carry most are the TRP, 92FS, Baretta 84 and 442 S&W air weight. Thanks, Troy </div></div>

So you carry at least 3 totally different styles of pistols.

Meaning that your muscle memory is ALL fucked up.

Sounds like amateur night to me.

Check out "Sideguard" holsters. Been using one for a few years, very comfortable.

Kramer horsehide for the past 20 years.
Same ones too.

My cross breed is fitting my needs at the moment. Daily carry is a Kimber Tact pro at 4:00. Now i need to find a place for more mags.

I bought a Comp-Tac Spartan that I have been breaking in this week and I have been very pleased with it. It took me about two days to find get the cant and ride height set right. But after that the comfort level has become incredible.

My carry gun is a 1911 and I find the DeSantis Cozy Partner to be extremely comfortable and unobtrusive. For the record, I also bought a Crossbreed after a friend recommended it but I haven't had the chance to wear it yet.

Another +1 for the crossbreed. Got mine carrying either my USP 40 or 45 depending on what mood I am in. Gonna get another one for my next carry gun as well. Took some positioning though, my wallet is in the same side pocket, and it was a little tough to get it out, and if I sat in the car the wallet/holster would pinch my ass. Adjusted the clips to ride higher, problem solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofelas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kramer horsehide for the past 20 years.
Same ones too.</div></div>

+1 for my G17. Stiff and sturdy, screws instead of rivets.

With my body type and fit of jeans, I can stick any pistol IWB at my right side and carry it all day long no prob. Occasional re-adjustments are needed, but no real issues. Full size 1911 is my favorite carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another +1 for the crossbreed. Got mine carrying either my USP 40 or 45 depending on what mood I am in. Gonna get another one for my next carry gun as well. Took some positioning though, my wallet is in the same side pocket, and it was a little tough to get it out, and if I sat in the car the wallet/holster would pinch my ass. Adjusted the clips to ride higher, problem solved. </div></div>

I had the same issue with my Mtac. I have since moved my wallet to front weak side pocket. Didn't like lifting my shirt to get to my wallet and have the possibility of someone seeing my sidearm.
Matt

For more than 20 years I have been running Milt Sparks IWBs. Primarily for 1911s and Glocks. Coupled with a Sparks leather belt or a Wilderness belt, the combo has served me well on duty and off.

001-13.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nathan11B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out crossbreed! I own one and would never go back! </div></div>
I agree! I love mine.
imagembpe.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nathan11B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out crossbreed! I own one and would never go back! </div></div>

+1 I own four, they're that comfortable!

I use FIST holsters. I've had great experience with their customer service. I lost a screw that attached the belt-clip to the holster. I called FIST and they sent me a new screws, washers, and nuts for free! She said she sent extras just in case. I put loc-tite on the screws 2 years ago and haven't had any problems since.
They have some nice Kydex and, like the site says, they'll customize to your needs. I have an IWB appendix-carry that you can flip the clip on and wear small of back. They did that for me, custom, and didn't charge extra for it.
Here's the site:
http://www.fist-holsters.com/vm.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another +1 for the crossbreed. Got mine carrying either my USP 40 or 45 depending on what mood I am in. Gonna get another one for my next carry gun as well. Took some positioning though, my wallet is in the same side pocket, and it was a little tough to get it out, and if I sat in the car the wallet/holster would pinch my ass. Adjusted the clips to ride higher, problem solved. </div></div>

I had the same issue with mine so i adjusted the ride height, problem solved. However, i've put it back deeper for summer carry to help hide it under a t-shirt so i'm back to the same issue. I'm still playing with it. I carry a G19. I'm about to order one for an LCR too. Crossbreeds are so comfortable, that if it weren't for the grip tape on my 19 i'd forget it was there!

Hard to beat Crossbread. Built great, work great nothing else needed to be said other than purchase one already.

Just ordered a Dale Fricke appendix iwb holster. It rides right in front to the right or left of your belt buckle. A leo buddy of mine carries his G19 when off duty and loves it. I tried his on and was hooked, even though I didn't wear it but for a few minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crossbreed everyday. I have to check sometimes to make sure it is still there. </div></div>

This. I live where it is hot and humid and light clothes are a must. The CB makes my G26 disappear. Pants, shorts, button down, or a T-shirt, does not matter. Best holster I've ever experienced. Would be even more effective in a northern climate where heavier clothes are worn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teamr2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crossbreed everyday. I have to check sometimes to make sure it is still there. </div></div>

This. I live where it is hot and humid and light clothes are a must. The CB makes my G26 disappear. Pants, shorts, button down, or a T-shirt, does not matter. Best holster I've ever experienced. Would be even more effective in a northern climate where heavier clothes are worn. </div></div>

I am looking for a Cross Breed myself. Fits the G26 great eh?

Tried just about everything out there in all kinds of weather. CB Super Tuck Deluxe in Horsehide is the way to go. Not much else even comes close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utah Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teamr2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crossbreed everyday. I have to check sometimes to make sure it is still there. </div></div>

This. I live where it is hot and humid and light clothes are a must. The CB makes my G26 disappear. Pants, shorts, button down, or a T-shirt, does not matter. Best holster I've ever experienced. Would be even more effective in a northern climate where heavier clothes are worn. </div></div>

I am looking for a Cross Breed myself. Fits the G26 great eh? </div></div>

Yes IMHO they work very well together. Over the years, I've probably spent over a grand on holsters but the CBST is the best I've ever tried. I'm 6'2 225lb with an athletic build so there is no "gut" to hide anything and it works very well.

make sure you check out the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder models. I have two. One for a sig p220 compact and one for a p229 and love them. They are kydex but lined with a thin layer of leather so they don't scuff or make that annoying sound when un/holstering.
I think if I were going to use anything else it would probably be the crossbreed.

I have used a lot of different holsters and currently own a Crossbreed and a Milt Sparks VM2 and can say that I like both, but the Milt Sparks is the best and most comfortable holster I have ever worn. You will likely have to wait a very long time for one (unless you wanna pay about double the price for a used one on Ebay), but it is well worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Accusource8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used a lot of different holsters and currently own a Crossbreed and a Milt Sparks VM2 and can say that I like both, but the Milt Sparks is the best and most comfortable holster I have ever worn. You will likely have to wait a very long time for one (unless you wanna pay about double the price for a used one on Ebay), but it is well worth the wait. </div></div>

Interesting. My opinion is the exact opposite. I think the crossbreed is much more comfortable than the milt sparks. Then I went and bought a horsehide <span style="font-weight: bold">White Hat</span> holster and now have a new winner. These house a G36 accpet the Sparks is for my p2000sk which I am retiring from carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reinman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dale Fricke Kydex!

check it out here Dale Fricke holsters </div></div>

+1 on Fricke, also Bladetech makes good equipment.

I have always had good success carrying my G23 with a Milt Sparks 1 3/4" belt and SSII combo. Comfortable, durable and stays put. I don't think he offers the 1 3/4" belt anymore which is a shame in my opinion.