• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IZHMASH BI-7-2-KO .22

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
Folks - a bud and I have been on the hunt for a repeater. The Anschutz 64 actioned biathlon rifle is about perfect but they are no longer being made. I called Mac Tilton today to talk the situation over with him and he said he has these rifles in stock for $395. He has an extended one piece picatinny rail for it he makes as well (not shown in pic - standard rail shown). The cheek height is an issue so you'll have to fix that somehow. He is planning a new stock for them as well.

I'll let you know if we get a few and how they work.

BL-72-KO-1.jpg

Re: IZHMASH BI-7-2-KO .22

Mac sells a few nice Russian 22LR rifles. I bought a CM-2 from him, just a few weeks ago.
They are very solid and accurate rifles. I wanted a 22LR with good sights, and the $600 (shipped) I paid for the CM-2 was a bargain IMO.
I tried to think my way through CZ or Savage rifle, and add all the necessary bits to sport match sights, and the price tag went over what I spilled for my CM-2. On top of ending up being a slapped-over solution. The only thing close, was the Savage MKII with Williams sights, which look like a plastic toy compared to the CM-2.
The only Cons. it'd come to my mind, is that those Russian rifles (although super-strong), might not have the same availability of parts, in case they break.

I own a 7-4 and will never sell it.
It's accurate and the action is really fast.
The first target was shot with peep sights at 25yds(5rnds) and the second at 50yds(25rnds)
I usually shoot CCI Standard Velocity and sometime Wolf

Great guns. I've got one, and messed around with the stock a bunch to make it feel a bit better. Mine loves the wolf ammo
bbb3-1.jpg

MT guns sells a full length weaver rail for these guns, which i have on mine now. You'll see in stock configuration, the short rail really limits scope/mount options.

$395 is a really decent price. Can one of you guys point me in the right direction. I have been looking for a good 22 to use since 308 prices are killing me lately. Plus it will eventually be a good rifle to tech the boy with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$395 is a really decent price. Can one of you guys point me in the right direction. </div></div>

www.mtguns.com

You guys and your blued barrels...
Izhmash Biathlon-7-4A, .22lr, Toggle bolt, peep sights, front Halo style, 5 5round mags, Hook w/ straps that attaches to left side.
[url="http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/bi-7.shtml"]http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/bi-7.shtml[/url]
3711907492_0ee17a8574.jpg

3711903138_001faf1f63.jpg

And first day out w/ it after sighting it in @ 50yards.Off sand bags,3 shots within roughly 10-12 seconds using steel sights.
Keep in mind the sight are designed to hit a metal target @ 50 yards, not for tight grouping. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">*I claim none of it as skill, all luck.* </span></span>
40GR Federal Champions (NOT Match Grade)
3719119020_7d91250cf6.jpg

3719119550_b1afa37fe0.jpg

Hi Guys,

These Izhmash things have just caught my eye as a good, practical and relatively cheap rifle (and I like the rather novel action on it!)

Some questions, how are the sites attached and can they be relatively easily removed for a scope installation? (I'm looking at the Sobol, BI-7-2-KO and Biathlon-7-4/4A rifles here).

@Ishikawa

I'm particularly liking your setup, was there much expense (or effort) in getting your rifle setup with the scope and rail? (Is that the factory barrel?)

Cheers

I'm looking for one of these now but it looks like no one has them in. I hope they didnt run into importation issues or anything. Fortunately I've heard a few months we should have them from most places I've checked with.

Oh how are you guys doing the stocks BTW? are you modifying the old ones or getting new ones made?

OK guys convince me to buy one of these. How do they shoot @ 100 yards.? How do you like the toggle bolt? How fast is it? Can't get this thing out of my head for a squirrel rifle. I am wondering about the biathlon rifle 7-4 for shooting prone matches? That's why I ask about longer ranges. Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camerjam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys convince me to buy one of these. How do they shoot @ 100 yards.? How do you like the toggle bolt? How fast is it? Can't get this thing out of my head for a squirrel rifle. I am wondering about the biathlon rifle 7-4 for shooting prone matches? That's why I ask about longer ranges. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Looks to be fairly fast.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrRlHq41oZE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrRlHq41oZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Replica SV-99

I have one of these and it is the most accurate 22 I've ever owned. They have free floating hammer forged barrels with unique crowns. The triggers are the best I've experienced out of the box. Try one and you'll be mad you haven't sooner. These are a well kept secret.

I'd love to have a SV-99, or at least the stock. Here's my BB after a little work.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Everyone that has shot my BB has loved it. They are great rifles. I bought mine when EAA was importing them for $210. But I think they're still worth $395. I want another one.

Paul

I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works.

Guys, AOM22 is right. There is a guy completing development of an SV-99 project that will be dynamite. It could be had either with or without supressor as a break down style rifle with a toggle bolt, SV-99 style scope, etc.. I met this guy at SHOT and he is in the final stages and will be offering it for sale soon from what I currently know. I plan on getting one when they come out, not sure of pricing yet but it will probably be more than a standard Izmash 7-4 Biathlon. AOM22, good to see you posting on the Hide as well! regards, Dale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anubismp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works. </div></div>

Hey, just wondering where you got it at, ive been looking but so far havent been able to find any for sale.

Thanks

Tanner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tj10ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anubismp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works. </div></div>

Hey, just wondering where you got it at, ive been looking but so far havent been able to find any for sale.

Thanks

Tanner </div></div>

The only place to find them now is gunbroker because they haven't been imported for a few years now, and they're around $450-500. You could also try the for-sale area at rimfirecentral, they pop up there from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tj10ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anubismp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works. </div></div>

Thanks

Tanner </div></div>

The only place to find them now is gunbroker because they haven't been imported for a few years now, and they're around $450-500. You could also try the for-sale area at rimfirecentral, they pop up there from time to time. </div></div>

You can find them from Mac Tilton. Give Mac a call and he will help you out...if he picks up...and then if you can hear him over the shop noise. Good dude.

Link

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tj10ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anubismp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works. </div></div>

Thanks

Tanner </div></div>

There is one for sale on rimfirecentral NOW. It is not mine and I do not know the seller. It is the Sobol type stock with the cheek piece. It has been painted and it also includes 4 magazines. 1, 5 round and 3, 10 rounders. Pictures are posted.

I would hot link to it, but I do not want to violate any rules here at the hide.

If it is gone when you go to look at it, just keep checking back. This is the third one I have seen in the last month. One of them was a 22 magnum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tj10ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anubismp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finally got one and I'm impressed though I have not shot it yet. Now I'd like a new stock and mags and I have to hope my scope idea works. </div></div>

Thanks

Tanner </div></div>

There is one for sale on rimfirecentral NOW. It is not mine and I do not know the seller. It is the Sobol type stock with the cheek piece. It has been painted and it also includes 4 magazines. 1, 5 round and 3, 10 rounders. Pictures are posted.

I would hot link to it, but I do not want to violate any rules here at the hide.

If it is gone when you go to look at it, just keep checking back. This is the third one I have seen in the last month. One of them was a 22 magnum. </div></div>

Hmm i cant seem to find it anywhere. could u give me a little bit more info like what catagory its under? or who posted it?

These Biathlon Basics don't stay up on GB for long. I got one there a few months ago and it shoots great. If you see one there, go for it if the price is even halfway decent. So unless they start importing these again you will only find them infrequently on GB or a few other boards. Still waiting for the SV-99 stock to drop it into as well.

Can you guys read? I just posted the link to Mac Tilton in my above post. It goes straight to the Izhmash page. Get one from him as you won't find them much lower used.

Josh

These are Slick rifles. If you love rimfires you HAVE to add one of these to the collection. I picked up a 22 mag a few years ago had done very little with it untill a couple months back. WOW!!

Call Mac Tilton. That link is old. He has not had any Izmash 7-2 biathlon basics in stock for some time. I could be wrong; but suggest you talk to him direct. Yes I can read; but sometimes reading can be misleading if web pages are not kept up to date. Here is his link, it was last updated May 29, 2010 so is now almost one year old.

MT GUNS

regards, Dale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These Biathlon Basics don't stay up on GB for long. I got one there a few months ago and it shoots great. If you see one there, go for it if the price is even halfway decent. So unless they start importing these again you will only find them infrequently on GB or a few other boards. Still waiting for the SV-99 stock to drop it into as well. </div></div>

You mean something like this?

SV-99_blank_1.jpg

SV-99_design_1.jpg

AzizaVFR, Damn dude that is sic! Do you make these? I sure as hell would be interested in one for my BB.

Tennessee Guns Int'l still has these Legion Sobol upgraded 7-2's. An auction for one on GB just ended with no buyer but they tend to relist quickly. They have iron sights but appear to also have a rimfire rail along with 3 of the impossible to find magazines.

pix767275570.jpg

There is also a thread at RFC about a new USA partner for Izhmash (more magazines?):

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394853

Finally, there is a thread I started there with before and after pix of the project BB 7-2 I picked up over the winter. Nuthin' fancy but here's the link and one of the "afters":

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395150

BB_L_002.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tennessee Guns Int'l still has these Legion Sobol upgraded 7-2's. An auction for one on GB just ended with no buyer but they tend to relist quickly. They have iron sights but appear to also have a rimfire rail along with 3 of the impossible to find magazines.

pix767275570.jpg

There is also a thread at RFC about a new USA partner for Izhmash (more magazines?):

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394853

Finally, there is a thread I started there with before and after pix of the project BB 7-2 I picked up over the winter. Nuthin' fancy but here's the link and one of the "afters":

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395150

BB_L_002.jpg

</div></div>

Welcome to the hide. There are some good knowledgeable people here.

Your BB refinish turned out nice. I am not really into gray, but that has a nice shiny finish and looks good. I am very happy with my BB and I hope some of those magazines become available.

I've got one of these and it's the best 22 I've ever owned...other than my anschutz match 54.

Where can I get mags and Where can I get a SV-99 stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AzizaVFR, Damn dude that is sic! Do you make these? I sure as hell would be interested in one for my BB. </div></div>

I am learning how to make one. It does involve a great deal of machining of both wood, and aluminum. This thread details the beginnings to its current state.

This thread is a blast from the past and looks like it's been revived a few times. I had the opportunity last year to shoot one of these things and it was an absolute tac driver and I've wanted one ever since. Does anybody know where I can pick one up these days? It seems like they are difficult to come by...

Last edited:

You guys and your blued barrels...
Izhmash Biathlon-7-4A, .22lr, Toggle bolt, peep sights, front Halo style, 5 5round mags, Hook w/ straps that attaches to left side.
[url="http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/bi-7.shtml"]http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/bi-7.shtml[/url]
3711907492_0ee17a8574.jpg

3711903138_001faf1f63.jpg

And first day out w/ it after sighting it in @ 50yards.Off sand bags,3 shots within roughly 10-12 seconds using steel sights.
Keep in mind the sight are designed to hit a metal target @ 50 yards, not for tight grouping. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">*I claim none of it as skill, all luck.* </span></span>
40GR Federal Champions (NOT Match Grade)
3719119020_7d91250cf6.jpg

3719119550_b1afa37fe0.jpg
Where did you get the eye blinder that is on your rear peep? I just got one of these and would like to find a blinder like that. Hoping this old thread might come alive. Also, does anybody know which direction the chamfered side of the front peep insert is supposed to face - front or back? I have only seen this feature on the Izhmash metal peep inserts. Looking forward to competing with this 7-4. I am already hitting better than I did with my Marlin 2000L.

Attachments

• 000_4410.JPG
    000_4410.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 26
  • 000_4411.JPG
    000_4411.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 000_4412.JPG
    000_4412.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 24
Where did you get the eye blinder that is on your rear peep? I just got one of these and would like to find a blinder like that. Hoping this old thread might come alive. Also, does anybody know which direction the chamfered side of the front peep insert is supposed to face - front or back? I have only seen this feature on the Izhmash metal peep inserts. Looking forward to competing with this 7-4. I am already hitting better than I did with my Marlin 2000L.
On aperture sights the flat side faces the eye.
Prices on these rifles sure have skyrocketed! Always wanted a one piece nock off of the SV-99/CB-99 original reddish laminate stock. Can’t help but think these would be a great MARS-PRS-NRL rimfire 👍

Reactions: Fupananvil
On aperture sights the flat side faces the eye.
Prices on these rifles sure have skyrocketed! Always wanted a one piece nock off of the SV-99/CB-99 original reddish laminate stock. Can’t help but think these would be a great MARS-PRS-NRL rimfire 👍
Thank you for that reply. Yeah, I did not think I'd ever get one but this one came along from a club member who quit doing biathlons due to age. Came with all its original accessories except for the oil bottle. What is the science or reason behind having the front apeture flat side facing the eye? Does it do something with the light rays? I currently have on in backwards then. I noticed the translucent Anschutz plastic inserts have a chamfer that is painted black but that is what basically creates their little black circle. The metal inserts on my Marlin and mossberg did not have chamfers. I was unaware of the SV-99 so I looked it up - that is a nice looking design. It is similar to the 7-4 in some regards.

Thank you for that reply. Yeah, I did not think I'd ever get one but this one came along from a club member who quit doing biathlons due to age. Came with all its original accessories except for the oil bottle. What is the science or reason behind having the front apeture flat side facing the eye? Does it do something with the light rays? I currently have on in backwards then. I noticed the translucent Anschutz plastic inserts have a chamfer that is painted black but that is what basically creates their little black circle. The metal inserts on my Marlin and mossberg did not have chamfers. I was unaware of the SV-99 so I looked it up - that is a nice looking design. It is similar to the 7-4 in some regards.
Sorry for the late reply.
The best view is from a crisp edge. Having the chamfer facing away prevents glare/reflections.
On most of the clear inserts I’ve seen the chamfer isn’t colored at all, but rather reflects the blackness of the housing to give the centered dark aiming ring.

Find me 6 more 10 round mags!

Mine came with 1 5rd and 1 10rd.

My kid loves it for prs, but anything past a 15 round stage and he's screwed.