• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Jackass bent my NXS

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
As the beer started following Saturday following a deer hunt, some moron dropped my GAP Crusader and bent the very tip of the objective end where the sunshade screws into the scope. Good news is that no glass is hurt. My question is how are the nighforce folks as far as customer service. Also, it is just the end piece that is damaged. Does any body have any idea as to what it's going to cost me for a repair and the turn around time?

Re: Jackass bent my NXS

Lesson number 1, never let a moron touch your crusader. Who did you get the scope from. I would call them and ask what procedure you should start with.

I wasn't there. I don't even know who did it. Kind of glad though bc I would probably would have done something I would regret later. I got the scope from a guy who purchased it on the hide. I will just call them

no idea on what NF will do 4 you, but if they do fix it may be a LONG TIME... my buddy sent one in to have the tracking checked... didnt get it back for 2.5 months....

The scope is still functioning properly, it was 6" right. Elevation was same. Did a 5 shot test with my "1 holers" and shot 1/4 " group at 100. I re-doped it and with the previous post, it looks like my $1700 NF will just have to look ugly until end of deer season. I am so freaking pissed. As my father says "I just can't have a damn thing".

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Alcohol and firearms, you have to expect something to go wrong.</span>

From Nightforce's limted lifetime warranty..

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Exclusions to this warranty include intentional or accidental damage,
abuse, misuse, unauthorized modifications or repairs, and improper
mounting. This warranty does not cover any consequential or
incidental damages resulting from the inability to use the riflescope.
Any serial number obliteration or alteration on the product will void
the warranty."</span>

It will only take a email or phone call to find out what they will do about it, make sure you include the beer drinking deerhunter part.
wink.gif

Well, don't feel too bad. Your NF know has character. IF it's small, just live with it. IF not, maybe you can be gentle and bend it back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF not, maybe you can be gentle and bend it back. </div></div>
That seems like a VERY bad idea. Aluminum does not like to bend, and once it's been bent one way (especially from a sharp blow), it becomes brittle and may just break off.

If NF won't help you, I would suggest leaving it alone.

yeap its the persons fault that left their gun with a bunch of guys and a 24 pack of brew!!! Dumb move,

Did you at least get some meat in the freezer???!!!

nightforce is really good though. They will fix it no questions asked.

There was a guy on here a few months back, same issue, but got it bent out to where he could actually put his shade on. Will have to dig it up if I can find it.

You need to find that guy then on a dead run kick him square in the pills! Morons shouldn't be allowed to breed

Don't fix what isn't broken.

When I was younger, I had a scope (not a NF) which was bumped somehow and the same thing happen, the tip of it bend. Like yours, it was still very functional and it didn't hurt the mechanics of it at all and the glass was still as good as before.

Well, like you, I asked around and someone suggested that I try to bend it back. ... and eventually I did try.

I took a perfectly functioning scope which I really liked and somehow after my "fix", it didn't work as well. It would no longer hold true.

Moral of the story: Don't fix what isn't broken.

.. but maybe send it to NF. That does seem like the smart thing to do. A long wait and a few bucks later. Maybe some upgrades while your at it?

Whoever that idiot was, he needs a lesson in the man code.
A man's gun is like a man's woman, (except the gun is more faithful)don't touch it without permission!

I concur. The only person allowed to finger pop my GAP is the boss....my son. It's his anyway, just needs to grow into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the beer started following Saturday following a deer hunt, some moron dropped my GAP Crusader and bent the very tip of the objective end where the sunshade screws into the scope. </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't there. I don't even know who did it. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure it was you, you were just so hammered you don't remember it.

Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t!

Tip #1..don't leave your rifle in the hands of drunk strangers.
Tip #2..find some new hunting partner's.

is that hunting partner stepping up and offering to fix/replace your scope which he damaged?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t!</div></div>

Wow, testy. No wonder your friends drink when they're around you.
laugh.gif

Jason you are still entitled to your own opinions!!! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t!</div></div>

That's not an opinion.

Man that sucks! I'm sure NF will take care of it for ya. Just don't mention the beer drinking! lol

My experience with "character marks/dings" is to leave them alone. Yes it sucks but the scope is still functional. As previously stated aluminum doesn't like to bend. Of the many scopes that I have seen "fixed" by the owners trying to straighten out the ding they all look terrible afterwards. Leave it alone put it in the rearview. Head down & keep diggin'.
Semper Fi

I'd keep it dinged as a reminder not to mix alcohol and firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t!</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm laughing hard as a result of this exchange.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

:::FACE PALM:::

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t!</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

No remember, he said he wasn't there when it happened and doesn't know who did it. Therefore, his "friends" like to drink and get fucked up without him and use his shit...
smile.gif

laugh.gif
</div></div>

LMAO! I am laughing so hard right now that I nearly pissed myself. Damn! I needed that. Thx for the laugh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason k. Were you here? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... Here's mine, Eat s**t! </div></div>

You had to know that was coming lol...it really does suck what happened but the way it happened deserves a good roasting

I hardly trust family members handling my stuff, while I am present. NO way in hell my drunk buddies would get their hands on my shit.

I would just throw it away or better send it to me and count your losses

Ya think?

They may be more sympathetic if you tell them that you didn't give your rifle to the drunk guy (if true).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Alcohol and firearms, you have to expect something to go wrong.</span>

From Nightforce's limted lifetime warranty..

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Exclusions to this warranty include intentional or accidental damage,
abuse, misuse, unauthorized modifications or repairs, and improper
mounting. This warranty does not cover any consequential or
incidental damages resulting from the inability to use the riflescope.
Any serial number obliteration or alteration on the product will void
the warranty."</span>

It will only take a email or phone call to find out what they will do about it, make sure you include the beer drinking deerhunter part.
wink.gif

</div></div>

Tell them a long drawn out story About an Elk and hot pursuit and that big ass cliff you fell off of.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell them a long drawn out story About an Elk and hot pursuit and that big ass cliff you fell off of.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Or he could just man up!! No way would I have posted this, maybe some truth to what your dad speaks.

Take some responsibility for your actions or lack of.

So everyone will get off my ass.... My wife and I went hunting. She killed a deer. I unloaded my gun, put it back in it's case and got the doe. Before I even cleaned the deer I got my rifle, rubbed down the outside metal and put it in it's case. I then put the weapon back in our lodge where I keep all my rifles and went about my business. The next morning I got out the rifle and it was damaged (the NF). I did not have any intention of anyone drinking this "24 pack of brew" (which is blowing it way out of proportion) I had 3 beers... even looking at that gun. It really irks me that so many people are so quick to judge. I saved for 2 damn years to get that setup. You think I would just leave out a $5000 gun for every Tom Dick and Harry to mess around with... Hell no. Somebody went in my case got out the gun bc it looked cool and dropped it. So no I don't know who it was, yes we got some meat. People blaming me is like letting someone who kicks in your front door,robs you, then leaves just walk and blaming the owner because he should of had a reenforced door.

NXS will fix it but it wont be for free....its pretty easy for their CSR dept. to tell when a drop has occured. Shouldnt be too much to fix.....I would be more worried about how long the repair will take. That sucks man.

People should not F*uck with other men's vehicles, weapons, or dogs.

I feel for you aimsmall55.I have saved for two years to have my rifle built and put a night force scope on it.And if some one did to my rifle as they did to your rifle I would brake some ones F-in neck.An what would piss me off the most is that I would know every one at camp and no one has the balls to fess up. That would be some REEL GOOD FRIENDS to not fess up.I'd keep lookin to find out how it was. Good luck

Wow, that has to suck, I know what your feelin, last year my rifle slipped off my shoulder and fell backwards hitting my VORTEX viper on a rock, bending the bell the same as your NF, I was sick until I called them and told them exactly what happened, in 3 days I had a brand new scope at my door to replace the damaged one, no questions asked, I would think NF would equally as good with their warrenty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would think NF would equally as good with their warrenty </div></div>

This has NOT been mine or one of my friends experience in the past with NF

I had a turret go tits up and they replaced it within 2 weeks free of charge and I was very happy with the customer service. Despite some of their wait times they are a great company.

My NF had the same thing happen, only while it was being shipped(1)(2) back to NF to have it converted to mil turrets. They wanted $200 to replace the 'ring' while they had it apart for the other work. They said it wasn't damaged inside and the seal was good. Other than the cosmetic dent and that I wouldn't be able to use the sun shade there were no other penalties so I skipped the ring replacement. Now it has character.

(1) I know it was in shipping because the new scope had only been mounted on a safe queen and the dent was on the bottom of the scope next to the barrel where nothing could hit it.

(2) No I didn't try to get UPS insurance to cover it, figured they would find a way to get out of it and I would just end up frustrate and with a dented scope but have wasted a couple months of going back and forth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that has to suck, I know what your feelin, last year my rifle slipped off my shoulder and fell backwards hitting my VORTEX viper on a rock, bending the bell the same as your NF, I was sick until I called them and told them exactly what happened, in 3 days I had a brand new scope at my door to replace the damaged one, no questions asked, I would think NF would equally as good with their warrenty </div></div>

You would be wrong. Vortex has the best warranty and CS possible. I'm not saying Vortex makes better scopes, they just have a better warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't there. I don't even know who did it. Kind of glad though bc I would probably would have done something I would regret later. I got the scope from a guy who purchased it on the hide. I will just call them </div></div>

Nobody fessed up! YIKES and then DOUBLE YIKES! Accidents/chit happens but not coughing it up dont just happen, that sucks man i feel for ya on both counts! But id be pissed about the latter versus the scope as it will get fixed and at least nobody got hurt....YET! LOL!

Ive had issues with NF and they have always taken care of the issues without much hassle. Good luck!