• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE Stock - Wait Time?

hidoa

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2013
I ordered my stock back on November 27th, 2010, have yet to hear a peep.
I use to get replies back from Lisa, but haven't the last two times I have emailed...

Has anyone else received theirs?

Hennig, what did you order?

My order was made in June 2011... still nothing. (JAE700)

I emailed Lisa about a month after SHOT to see how they were doing, and i never got a response.

Saw your PM Dave, but thought Id reply here too.

My deposit was paid to the Australian distributor (Interdiction) on September 30, 2011. I received my chassis on 20 February this year.

Im not sure whether the Aust disty was allocated a certain # of chassis prior to my order, but I know I had one of the first 3 in the country.

I've had good luck getting Lisa on the phone in the past, you guys should check in.

I looked at these but, whats up with the wait time? Not trying to be a smart ass but, you dont see many of these around and the wait time time seems excesive, are they making them out of adamantium with a dremel tool?

Last edited:
Delays have been very irritating, but I pretty much paid my deposit and tried to forget about it. I still have my initial emails stating June 2012 delivery, which got pushed to Feb 2013... but hey - its a cool bit of gear. People are waiting 12 months for Surgeon receivers and 6 months for barrels at times, so its not *that* crazy in the scheme of this hobby.

Having said that, hearing the stories of guys that paid their deposit 3+ years ago is pretty rough...

It is crazy if you paid a deposit three years ago and can't get a response from the company.

I gave them a deposit. After thinking about it overnight, and my wife telling me that I was dumb, I tried to cancel the order. Lisa, the one that everyone raves about, tried to keep my $400. Only 18 hours after placing my order. Yeah, great customer service. Just great. I got my money back after I called American Express. Yeah. They promise everyone ten months. What planetary time clock do they use? Must be Uranus?

Instead, I bought a W3. Why I didn't do that to begin with I don't know? Like I said, my wife says I'm a dumbass. Yeah I had to order it and had to wait a whole four months! And didn't need to give them a deposit! That W3 is badass and KRG is badass!

So you want a JAE? Good luck with that.

I have both a Whiskey 3 and a JAE700. As you said, if you don't want to wait, the Whiskey3 is a great alternative. Pretty bullshit that they tried to keep your deposit though :/

I'm not quite sure why, but it seems that shooters are more willing than most to get dumped on by companies with BS wait times. Whether it's the latest whiz bang stock, the greatest holster or the current gunsmith god working his magic, I keep reading about and encountering these ridiculous wait times. I do understand that quality work takes time. However, there is no way in heck it takes 2-3 years to make these products. If it does, something in the business model is seriously messed up. Whether it's taking on too much business, failures in setting up a supply chain, or trying to maximize profits by minimizing staff, there's a problem. Of course, we reinforce the bad behavior by proudly displaying pictures of our 2 year late arrival and saying: "It was worth the wait". What else can we say? Our brains have a tough time dealing with: I paid too much. I waited too long. It's not what I had expected. As long as we keep rewarding these companies with our money, they have no reason to change.

*shrugs* Everyone has the choice to buy stuff with a long wait, or to get something available straight away. The issue only comes when deadlines dont get met, over and over again, like with the JAE.

Very good point MJY65. I too wonder the same thing sometimes. That's one reason I went with a Mcrees stock, had it in 5 days. I don't even think I can stay interested in one particular thing for 3+ years..

I think that these long wait times are partially due to "crowd funding" become acceptable (I think all the orders are what funded their new equipment, or at least made it feasible to purchase). I waited four years for my JAE 700 stock (it was in the first or second run IIRC). Delays were also incurred since the initial stock was essentially still a prototype. The stock I received was actually light years above and beyond the initial stock I ordered (they used to have custom magazines and a totally different cheek rest; mag well was not adjustable).

Did I want my stock sooner? Hell yes. Was it worth the long wait? Yep. Then again, I have more than one or two rifles, so I suppose the wait times (though sometimes irritating) were just something you deal with when ordering a prototype, custom thing and you move on with other projects while this one is simmering on the back burner...

JMCTW...

Holy crap. NO WAY I'd ever wait that long for anything. Even the ATF can get a Form 4 done in 6-8 months.

Ordered mine in June of last year got it in may of this year, it is simply bad ass would love to get one for my M1 but after having one now the wait (which is longer them 2 of my cans) would kill me

Ordered mine in June of last year got it in may of this year, it is simply bad ass would love to get one for my M1 but after having one now the wait (which is longer them 2 of my cans) would kill me

How the F does this happen? I ordered mine June of 2011 with a deposit and I can't get them to return emails. You order one last year and already have it? There some secret to getting it shipped sooner?

Buddy of mine just got his stock last week after 4 years waiting and he was a dealer to boot. Don't know what the issue is but I feel for those of you who have money tied up with these guys. There really is no excuse IMO.

How the F does this happen? I ordered mine June of 2011 with a deposit and I can't get them to return emails. You order one last year and already have it? There some secret to getting it shipped sooner?

They do give preference to active duty military. It's not just the JAE700, but they have also had issue's delivering the JAE100 G3. I have a G3, and it is a VERY nice stock, but not worth the 18-24+ month wait IMO. YMMV

Any JAE-100 G3 stocks received yet? - M14 Forum

I'm LE and talked to Lisa and told her that, I guess it helped. Also be advised they were in the process of moving in may so I assume some more delays were because of this.

I'm LE and talked to Lisa and told her that, I guess it helped. Also be advised they were in the process of moving in may so I assume some more delays were because of this.

Ah, well if they prioritize active Mil and LEO, I don't have a problem with that.

I doubt they will fill LEO and Mil orders before other orders. That would be just wrong. I was told that I would get a discount.

Hey I have an idea! Maybe JAE can jump in and explain the four year wait time so we all can understand it? They don't post like all the other great companies that support the industry and this site do! Just a thought.

Idiots like me need to stop giving them deposits.

Ok, now I don't feel like the only idiot then.

Same here gents, ordered mine in August of 2011, paid for the "want it now" which should have been 5 months. Here it is 21 months later and still no stock. I did email back in June and got the "moving... new machine.. blah blah blah" response back and was told to expect it in July. Not much left in July.

I ordered one in the fall of 2010, and just received it. Keep in mind, I knew when I ordered it that it was not a finished/released product yet, and I'd likely wait a year or more until the first ones shipped, much less shipping mine.

On a side note, my Jackson 2-stage trigger is a little bigger than most Rem 700 triggers and didn't fit perfectly when I got it, so I dremeled the spot out just a little and tried to get the color paint used on the trigger guard to touch it up a little. In response to my inquiry, they got ahold of a trigger, test fit it to their stock, re-designed the trigger guard piece, and sent me a new one that is perfect, free of charge. The revised piece is now the standard trigger guard on stocks going forward.

I think their customer service is pretty good, and I've never had to wait more than a day or so for a returned phone call or email reply.

John

He may have ordered a JAE-100, which they've been manufacturing all along, instead of a JAE-700, which they just released this year.

this has pretty much convinced me to bypass an order entirely - maybe a Sage EBR now - they are shipping 1 Aug 2013. Or wait for something to come up on one of the bottom feeder broker websites.

Ordered December 2009 and received July 2013. Looks Like J. Allen is Boning people hard.

Man sounds like these hold the title on the longest wait for a product. Hell they have the BATFE beat about 4 times over on wait times. I thought waiting for a can was bad.

You guys do realize this product wasn't even released until earlier this year, right?

I have a hard time thinking of it as a multi-year wait time just because I decided to put a deposit down on a product someone planned to make one day, but didn't even have on the market yet. Given the improvements to the stock design in the couple years I was waiting, I'm pretty content with how it turned out.

You guys do realize this product wasn't even released until earlier this year, right?

I have a hard time thinking of it as a multi-year wait time just because I decided to put a deposit down on a product someone planned to make one day, but didn't even have on the market yet. Given the improvements to the stock design in the couple years I was waiting, I'm pretty content with how it turned out.

They began taking deposits as long ago as late 2007 my friend. There was never notification of a hard date, ever. Just kept pushing it back month after month and year after year with many excuses. it was even on display at SHOT in 2010. There is no valid excuse for some waiting 1 year and some almost 4-5. Spin it however you like.

I love mine....its fit and finish is above and beyond any other stock/chassis I've ever had and I've had just about all of them except for the Ashbury chassis. I do agree the wait times are completely absurd, but I picked mine up in the classified section here on the Hide and only waited a total of 4 days before it was on my porch. I could post it for sale right now and have it sold within minutes of posting it for $200-$300 more than I paid for it.

They began taking deposits as long ago as late 2007 my friend. There was never notification of a hard date, ever. Just kept pushing it back month after month and year after year with many excuses. it was even on display at SHOT in 2010. There is no valid excuse for some waiting 1 year and some almost 4-5. Spin it however you like.

Not spinning it, just pointing out it wasn't even a released product for sale until this year. I thought about putting a deposit on a 2014 Lotus Esprit back then too, but instead of getting that this summer as well I would be waiting several more years as that product's been pushed back at least a couple years too. My point was simply that if you put a deposit on a product under development (i.e. that hasn't been released yet), don't be surprised if it takes longer than you were hoping.

I put a deposit down in 2008 (just before going to SHOT actually). I waited quite a while; but as Jhnmdahl said, it was a prototype and as such you take your chances. I waited, and it was worth it. Besides, after the first year and a half, I basically forgot about it. Occasionally I'd remember about it, shoot an e-mail for an update, get a response about it and then forget about it again. I had enough other toys and tasks to occupy my time (both work and play).

It is (or was) what it is (or was). :shrug: Getting mad wouldn't have made it show up any sooner. After a while the deposit (I think it was $400), didn't even come into play; it was money long spent.

Well damn, maybe I shouldn't have sold my M1A sitting in a G3 2 weeks ago. I had no idea people were waiting this long, I contacted them earlier this year about re-painting mine to one of their newer colors and was told it would take about 3 to 4 months, but the rep suggested I would be better off getting a new one in that same color and the wait was about 6 months, huh?! That didn't make any sense at all, so I just decided to keep it tan seeing as it was practically new anyway. I would never wait that long (over a year) for something in this ever changing hobby. Ah, just found the email:

Hi Frank,

It is kind of pricey for us to do a repaint because we have to mask off everything.

Here is the cost on what you’re asking about:

Re-paint stock a different color (and handguard if sent with stock): $200.00

Side Rail Adapters installed $159.00

Estimated lead time for paint and side rails is 3 to 4 months.

You’d be better off ordering a new stock from us and using the current stock in the meantime, and then selling the Grit Tan one later. Just a thought.

Estimated lead time for new orders is as follows:

Custom Orders for JAE-100 G3 and JAE-700 (choose options): 10 to 12 months ($400.00 deposit with balance due when stock is ready).

WANT IT NOW packages on JAE-100 G3 ONLY (as listed on website JAE-100 G2 Want It Now Package | J. Allen Enterprises, Inc. (JAE) ): 6 to 7 months (payment due in full at time of order).

JAE is on Facebook now:

www.facebook.com/jaeglobal

Thank you,

Lisa

2 years, 3 months, 17 days. Merry Christmas to me. :)

4j2ok.jpg

I spoke with Lisa, and was told this on December 2nd:
For anybody who is interested about the JAE700 stock, I spoke with them at length on Monday. Seems as though they are doing a "want it now" build with every option under the sun for $1600+, and the wait time is 4/5 months. If you want a custom setup expect a 12+ month wait with a $400 deposit. They are still catching up on orders from 2011.

Thanks for the update. I want one but 12 months is too long for me. The 6 months for a McMillan is bad enough.

I got news for you. The ''want it now'', is the same thing as "get it in two years". It is a nice stock, but so is an AI.

They do go on the forums. They pretend to be a forum member and jump on people who bash the wait time. This is quite popular on another forum where this has been discussed at lenght.
I doubt they will fill LEO and Mil orders before other orders. That would be just wrong. I was told that I would get a discount.

Hey I have an idea! Maybe JAE can jump in and explain the four year wait time so we all can understand it? They don't post like all the other great companies that support the industry and this site do! Just a thought.

Idiots like me need to stop giving them deposits.

They do go on the forums. They pretend to be a forum member and jump on people who bash the wait time. This is quite popular on another forum where this has been discussed at lenght.

I'm not so sure on that one...

I requested a refund on the 14th of January, 2014.

I was told "It will take about 8 to 10 weeks to process your refund because we have other cancellations that have to be processed first..."

I asked for an update on the status of my refund on the 31st of March, 2014.

I did not receive a reply/response.

I inquired again on the 7th of April, 2014.

I was told "I’m still issuing refunds before yours but should have your money order mailed out by the end of this month."

I asked if the refund was still on schedule for the end of this month on the 22nd of April, 2014.

No reply as today.

I believe I have been more than patient and understanding.

I will wait until the end of the month but I am going to take them to small claims court if I do not receive my refund at the end of this month.

I am truly disappointed.

Last edited:
The hassle so many people have gone through for this stock is absolute bullshit. They suck as a company in terms of dealing with customers. They really need to revaluate their business plans. Hope all goes well for you with your refund.

Latest Update, as of 05/08/2014, still no replies from Lisa, still no refund on my deposit. They have black holed me.
I advise to stay away from ordering the stock and company!

What makes this stock/chassis so much better than others that you guys have the patience to wait 2+ years? Haha my gunsmith tell me 2-3 months and I get anxious. Cool looking stock, but man that customer service and wait time is not worth it.

Lisa has called me back or returned my emails everytime. I would definately call or email her again. From what I can see they are a very small custom shop, with a product that is in huge demand. She did mentioned that they are slowly increasing their shop size and production speed. So I'm guessing things will get better. Bottom line, one of the baddest stocks on the market and I'll wait.