• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE

The angular adjustment is mild, it's not a big incline, but it's there. The bottom allen screw attaches it to the chassis and the side allens adjust the front to back and angular positions.
Ok, I know that the bottom screw attaches to the chassis and as I said (well, maybe not clearly), I took the side screws out completely to see where this angular adjustment is at and it was a pain to get those screws back in that little block that rides in the channel in there.

If there is angular adjustment, its either very small amount that's not real useful or I'm still missing something on this.

So, to get to this angular adjustment....you loosen the side screws and tilt it then tighten? If so, I don't think this is an actual designed adjustment and would be more along the lines of taking advantage of the clearance between the rider and that little block in its track.

I don't think (but I'm often wrong), this answers the call for a wedge like bag rider.

Cheers guys and thanks for the replies.

Brother, I took the damn thing apart and while the rider adjusts fire and aft, I found no angle adjustment.

And getting it back together was a PIA. I don’t mean getting it back on the chassis. I mean the little block that it slides fore/aft on and the screws that hold it in place.

If there is an angular adjustment, I don’t see how.

There’s definitely enough adjustment to affect tracking in a bag.

Reactions: Baron23
I still think this is one of the best looking chassis’ out there but it’s hard to justify the cost with so much competition these days. When they announced in 2019 I really hoped MDT would have come up with a way to reduce manufacturing costs while keeping the quality. Of course then COVID hit and plandemic ensued and now Bidenflation has just made a mess of things. Would still love to get another JAE, just need the right barreled action for it, but black is not my favorite so looks like I’ll have to wait a while.

Reactions: SniperBro
I still think this is one of the best looking chassis’ out there but it’s hard to justify the cost with so much competition these days. When they announced in 2019 I really hoped MDT would have come up with a way to reduce manufacturing costs while keeping the quality. Of course then COVID hit and plandemic ensued and now Bidenflation has just made a mess of things. Would still love to get another JAE, just need the right barreled action for it, but black is not my favorite so looks like I’ll have to wait a while.
Could buy a nice Gen 2 for $600 less though. I know a guy that has one listed in the PX ;)

Could buy a nice Gen 2 for $600 less though. I know a guy that has one listed in the PX ;)
$1400 has been the going rate depending on accessories for a while, what I loved about the old JAE was all the different color options you could choose, with used you are picking up someone else's color option which may not always be what you're looking for. This was mine from a number of years ago, if I could find another color pattern like this it might pique my interest
JAE700_01.jpg

$1400 has been the going rate depending on accessories for a while, what I loved about the old JAE was all the different color options you could choose, with used you are picking up someone else's color option which may not always be what you're looking for. This was mine from a number of years ago, if I could find another color pattern like this it might pique my interest
View attachment 7944273
The beauty of cerakote is you can make any chassis whatever you want

Reactions: kindabitey
Looks great, but $2300-$2400?? :ROFLMAO:

They're really pushing the limits with that price, far too many other choices out there to justify such a premium IMO.

Reactions: SniperBro
with used you are picking up someone else's color option which may not always be what you're looking for.
haha....but the new MDT version reminds me of Henry Ford..."they can have it in any color that they want...as long as its black" LOL

I too like some of the colors they offered. Have a friend...who frequents this site...who loves LOUD and has maybe 10 rifles in JAE's. Loud like that bright lemon yellow, for example.

I'm more a muted earth tone guy haha

1662214366352.jpeg

But I do like this grey and black also
1662214430559.jpeg

Black and black...as MDT is currently only offering is...well, to me its kind of boring.

Looks great, but $2300-$2400?? :ROFLMAO:

They're really pushing the limits with that price, far too many other choices out there to justify such a premium IMO.
I agree. I'm as big of a JAE nut as there is and I'm not even considering a pre-order. So I'm guessing they aren't receiving all that many. They nailed the product from what I know about it, but missed the mark on the price point. I like my Gen 2s just fine so that's probably another factor in why I'm in no rush.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Only thing I wish on my Gen 2's is a shorter LOP. Can always add LOP spacers but its hard has hell to shrink an aluminum chassis in the dryer! haha
That was my only gripe about the JAE. I was told by someone (don't recall who) that the MDT version would start at around 12.5". Now all I can find is it starts at 13.5". I guess they don't consider anyone under 6' 2" a viable customer.
Yeah, I could probably live with that long LOP, but at 2 grand, there's too many other options.

Reactions: Baron23
That was my only gripe about the JAE. I was told by someone (don't recall who) that the MDT version would start at around 12.5". Now all I can find is it starts at 13.5". I guess they don't consider anyone under 6' 2" a viable customer.
Yeah, I could probably live with that long LOP, but at 2 grand, there's too many other options.
Still…it’s what? And inch shorter than the OG JAE?

I took off the original butt pad on my two JAEs and replaced it w a 3/4” Kickeeze ground to fit so bought about a 1/2”. Would like some more reduction but I can shoot the rifles at the length. Only other option I’m aware of is I believe Pachmyr (so?) makes a 1/2” pad but I’m not sure it’s worth it for another 1/4”.

Vision chassis offers an option to get down to 12.5”. @lowlight got one and posted a pic of it some little bit ago.

Cheers

Reactions: kindabitey
For once the Australian price is not so bad! Lol
Least ways, who has put the new JAE to task and what are their thoughts?
Appreciated
Pete

Reactions: Zack_va248
For once the Australian price is not so bad! Lol
Least ways, who has put the new JAE to task and what are their thoughts?
Appreciated
Pete
I shot one for a bit. The new grip is nice but still not quite close enough without having to standoff for that perfect 90 press. LOP is shorter so that's fixed but for what we do in PRS the tapered angle in front of the magwell is an issue if you like to run gamer plates and a bag or like to retract the bipod in close on spools/tires. In my opinion there's other options that are far cheaper that have a lot more adjustability to offer different sized shooters. It's a great prone setup...... but most shots aren't taken prone.

It's better than the older generations, but not by enough to warrant the price.

Appreciate your vids Pete! Keep the great content coming!

Attachments

• 110E8EDB-5E16-46D8-A6CC-285661AF7F74.jpeg
    110E8EDB-5E16-46D8-A6CC-285661AF7F74.jpeg
    884.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 8A8DEFC4-2430-4999-9F3B-81EBAFB4E33E.jpeg
    8A8DEFC4-2430-4999-9F3B-81EBAFB4E33E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
I shot one for a bit. The new grip is nice but still not quite close enough without having to standoff for that perfect 90 press. LOP is shorter so that's fixed but for what we do in PRS the tapered angle in front of the magwell is an issue if you like to run gamer plates and a bag or like to retract the bipod in close on spools/tires. In my opinion there's other options that are far cheaper that have a lot more adjustability to offer different sized shooters. It's a great prone setup...... but most shots aren't taken prone.

It's better than the older generations, but not by enough to warrant the price.

Appreciate your vids Pete! Keep the great content coming!
Thanks for the well thought response, much appreciated. It does seem the world has passed it by, kind of sad really, but it is what it is......
Sorry to disappointment though, wrong Pete regarding video content. My head is for radio only!
Cheers
Pete

Reactions: Zack_va248
Thanks for the well thought response, much appreciated. It does seem the world has passed it by, kind of sad really, but it is what it is......
Sorry to disappointment though, wrong Pete regarding video content. My head is for radio only!
Cheers
Pete
No worries! My apologies for the confusion. I forgot he’s from South Africa not Australia 🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Pete B