• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JARD trigger for Tikka T3 users

D-RAS03

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2006
PA
Does anyone have experiance with this trigger? I want replace my trigger and want to know what you guys think of the JARD trigger. Thanks guys.

Re: JARD trigger for Tikka T3 users

May I ask why you want to change out the stock trigger? I think the T3 trigger is pretty awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I ask why you want to change out the stock trigger? I think the T3 trigger is pretty awesome. </div></div>

It is a great trigger and I love it but has two problems. I dropped my rifle and the U-clip that holds the trigger together popped off and my safety switch broke in half. It's a poor design. The JARD looks to be much better put together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is a poorly built trigger, I could still fire the gun with the safety fully engaged. Get these spring and install them in your factory trigger and adjust it to your liking

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i33.html

</div></div>

What weight was the trigger you used? I heard the really light ones could fire with the safety engaged. The problem isn't with the pull. I think it's perfect except for the problem I stated I'm my other post.

If the JARD is no good. What would you recommend?

The Barnard trigger is nice but has no safety. It is two stage if you like that, which I do. You can get it through MT Guns.
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-RAS03</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is a poorly built trigger, I could still fire the gun with the safety fully engaged. Get these spring and install them in your factory trigger and adjust it to your liking

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i33.html

</div></div>

What weight was the trigger you used? I heard the really light ones could fire with the safety engaged. The problem isn't with the pull. I think it's perfect except for the problem I stated I'm my other post. </div></div>

I use the varmint springs and have never had an issue, if it is firing it isnt adjusted correctly, you can get it very light but if you go too light it will fire accidentally. I would recommend a CG Jackson trigger
http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/cg-jackson-two-stage-trigger/

Frankly I would get factory parts and return the trigger back to stock configuration, then adjust it to a comfortable level based upon the nature of your intended usage.

I've got a half dozen or so Tikkas and find the T3 to be a great trigger and easily adjustable to practical field weights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly I would get factory parts and return the trigger back to stock configuration, then adjust it to a comfortable level based upon the nature of your intended usage.

I've got a half dozen or so Tikkas and find the T3 to be a great trigger and easily adjustable to practical field weights.

</div></div>

My trigger still is 100% factory.

I purchased one (12oz) last week for my benchrest Tikka. Feels good, functions good, breaks a little light at 8 to 10 ozs, so far very happy with it. Hope to test fire this weekend with live rounds. I'll keep you posted.

DV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTraining</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased one (12oz) last week for my benchrest Tikka. Feels good, functions good, breaks a little light at 8 to 10 ozs, so far very happy with it. Hope to test fire this weekend with live rounds. I'll keep you posted.

DV </div></div>

Please do and if your willing on an empty chamber with the safety on hit the butt of the rifle on the ground to see if it goes off. Thanks

D-RAS03, trigger functioned perfect today. Sent 55 rounds down range working on different loads. Checked it again and still at about 8-10 ozs. Also, performed the bump check as you asked, never went off.

DV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTraining</div><div class="ubbcode-body">D-RAS03, trigger functioned perfect today. Sent 55 rounds down range working on different loads. Checked it again and still at about 8-10 ozs. Also, performed the bump check as you asked, never went off.

DV

</div></div>

Awesome thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is the same POS trigger that I had, stick with the stock one </div></div>

It seems like you have a grudge against JARD triggers. I have talked to dozens of people that uses the trigger and none have reported your problems. Did you try adjusting it like all the people have with Remingtons trigger?