• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**JC Steel Target Challenge** GAP rifle drawing!!

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
JC Steel Targets Inc. is proud to have its first annual <span style="font-weight: bold">JC Steel Target Challenge</span>.

Infomation about the GAP rifle drawing is in the thread below. Thanks for looking.

The JC Steel Target Challenge will be a Non-Profit match, with all proceeds going to the at-risk youth on Jubilee Youth Ranch (jlacademy.org or jyranch.org) . We are really excited to offer a sweet match where the proceeds are going to a great cause. And we think you guys will really enjoy yourselves out here. You will get a lot for your entry fee.

We are blessed to have a chunk of land out here, so the Match will be held on Jubilee Youth Ranch. So you will also get an opportunity to visit with some of our wonderful young men becoming leaders, and check out our campus where these guys live for an entire year trying to better their lives.

The match will be a pretty uptempo match, lots of shooting, and will be both Physically and Mentally demanding. Premium AR500 targets will be the target of choice. Most stages will have some sort of stress involved. Either timed or varying target sizes. There will be many different barricades and natural terrain to navigate though while shooting the match as well. Come prepared!
Shooters can expect ranges of 25 yards to 1000 yards. Many targets will be in the 200-800 range.

Calibers will be 300WM and under.
Round count will be +-175

You can shoot either your bolt rifle, or your AR. <span style="font-weight: bold">Only bolt rifles will be allowed to shoot out of the helicopter. </span> Only allowed to carry one rifle during the match.

You will be required to carry all your gear with you all day. And there will be a little hiking so pack accordingly.

We do have a special surprise though for a mile shot. But we will supply the rifle and ammo for that!

*****We are also very blessed to be able to offer a stage where you will get the opportunity to shoot your rifle while flying around in a helicopter. It will be lots of fun!!!

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">SPONSORS</span></span>

Please contact me about sponsoring the match. We would love to have you on board. Not only would you be helping the shooter, but it would greatly help out the youth ranch as well.

Sponsors really make everything happen, and competitors love a good prize table. Without you sponsors, we really could not do this. Please contact us if you are interested. Much appreciated!!

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Date</span></span>
This will be a two day match. Dates for the match will be <span style="font-weight: bold">February 23rd and 24th of 2013. </span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Cost</span></span>
$225
Includes Food, refreshments all weekend, shooters bags, and match T shirt.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Registration</span></span>
Registration will start on December 17th at 10AM PST.

It will be a first come first serve registration. Max shooters will be 60 with 10 reserved for sponsors and special guests.

It will all be on the jcsteeltargets.com website when the time comes. More info on that later.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Food</span></span>
We are happy to say that we are providing the following meals. The students will be assisting will all meals.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Saturday-</span>

Lunch- Angus burgers with all the fixings, we will also have a selection of turkey burgers for those that choose.

Dinner-Top Sirloin stew with potatoes and veggies.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Sunday-</span>

Breakfast-Meatlovers scramble with pancakes and a side of fruit

Lunch-Carne Asada and Pollo Asada with all the goodies you can imagine.

At least this is our plan. it will be great food, but dont hold us to it. Things might change in 3 months.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Accommodations-</span></span>

-You can bring a tent if you would like-BUT it is February and it might be cold. So take your chances there.
-Campers and RV's are fine as well. We do not have hook ups, so it will be dry. After you get here on the ranch we can provide needed transportation to and from the firing lines.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Hotels-</span>

Red Lion-34 Miles away
2525 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 547-0701

Best Western-34 Miles away
2811 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 543-7722

La Quinta Inn-35 miles away
520 North 2nd Avenue
Walla Walla
(509) 525-2522

Holiday Inn Express-35 miles away
1433 West Pine Street
Walla Walla
(509) 525-6200

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Airport-
</span></span>

-Tri-Cities international Airport. Pasco, WA

-Walla Walla regional airport. Walla Walla, Wa.

Thanks for looking, and we hope to see you here!!!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
Jubilee Youth Ranch

2edpco1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: **JC Steel Target Challenge** Feb 23rd & 24th 2013

Jake, looking forward to your match, and thanks for all your work with the kids, it does make a difference in their lives.
Marty

Sounds like it will be a great time and looking forward to it already !

Man I wish you were closer.

I know where you can get some great AR500 targets at a great price :)

Hope you have a great turnout.

Im in. Looking forward to this jake!!!

I might see if i can get Jolyn on it to.

Sounds like a good time, Jake. I will be there if at all possible. I saw the caliber limitation. How 'bout semi-autos??

If only you this wasn't on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY!!!! Sounds like it will be a blast and if it becomes an annual event I'll do my best to make it to one in the future!

This might just be my first match! Looking forward to more details as it gets closer.

Jake, it was a pleasure chatting with you. I'll be sending you a certificate to drop on the prize table.

Julio
Lazy21

Thanks Scott, we really appreciate the support we are getting.

OK, here is some more land information. The piece of land we have is pretty big, About a 2 mile by 2 mile square. Well not huge, but more than enough for what we are planning.

Here are a few videos to enjoy.

First video is a little tour of draw number one. This piece of land has 3 different big draws like these. We plan on using all of them!!!

Sorry for the cruddy video, Its actually pretty tough to film from a chopper while looking and around and enjoying the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E10gIE34QBI&feature=channel&list=UL

Here is video number two of a possible helicopter stage location. We have about 4 different helo ideas, more info on this later. Dont want to give to much info away!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b008JcET6-4&feature=channel&list=UL

And this last video is of our special 1 mile shot. We are flying the one mile to give you guys an idea of how LONG that really is.

We are still looking for something that might have some accurate 50 BMG ammo BTW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4oSQESP_RU&feature=plcp

Jake, this match sounds awesome. Would I be correct in assuming that since we'll be shooting from the helicopter it will be bolt gun only?

Sounds like fun, but I've never shot from a chopper before.
wink.gif
wink.gif

If I were to shoot an AR rifle and a shooter with a bolt rifle offered to lend it to me for the helicopter stage would that be allowed, or do AR shooters just miss out on any possible points on the helicopter stage?

Market, only one rifle may be used by a shooter for the entire match.

So, to answer your question, no that would not be allowed. Sorry!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or do AR shooters just miss out on any possible points on the helicopter stage? </div></div>

You know I'm gonna ask Jake, lol... What about the latter as MG mentioned? What if us AR guys simply don't shoot the helo stage?

Look forward to doing this, your not too far away!

Thanks to all the sponsors that are making this match happen! You guys are great for the sport, the shooters are grateful!

Jake, depending on work I should be able to come over and RO. When the date gets closer please be in contact with me to confirm!!

Hey Jake,

Any idea will be allowed/suggested in terms of "auxiliary equipment"?

Only a couple stages will have limitations on equipment. For the most part, if you bring it with and carry it with you all day, you are free to use it!

Jake, are you going to make any attempt at getting your match to be part of the PRS? That would certainly be handy for anyone in the NW competing in the series!

THANK YOU so much to all the sponsors that make this event happen.

If you are interested in helping out with a sponsorship, we would love to have you, Just shoot me a PM.

Thanks again

If I get in I'm going to shoot this one. Looks like it will be great. I always have wanted to see Washington.

Dustin

We would love to have you Dustin! I will pick you up at the airport!

Im planning on being there and will be bringing a new guy this will be his first match! he should be hooked after shooting a comp like this!

It will be a fun match for you and your friend. We are excited about what we are offering!!

So everyone can put it on their calendars!

Sign ups for this match will be December 17th at 10AM. That is this coming MONDAY!!!

I think spots will fill up fast, and it will be limited. So try and remember to sign up when 10AM hits. If you need someone to sign up for you, you can do that on the website as well.

Thanks again for all the support from our sponsors and our shooters! It will be a sweet weekend of fun!

I literally started at 10am and it took me 5 minutes to register which I did so hurried. I was order number 5! This is going to fill fast do get on it or expect to be on the sidelines... I'm excited Jake!

I got #3.

Guys, the sponsors are pouring in and we are so thankful!! You guys are going above and beyond to make this a great match for the shooters!!! We have more sponsors on board as well, I will get their logos up as soon as possible. <span style="text-decoration: underline">If you are a sponsor and would like to join our fundraiser for Jubilee Youth Ranch, we would love to get with you and chat!!!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks again to all the sponsors!!! Please show them your support as they are supporting us.</span>