• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeep Gladiator Owners

Well, Mike...
I am not saying you aren't to be commended for not being a lazy twat.
I am not going to disagree that obesity, in and of itself, should not qualify for the blue tag.
I am saying that to deny those who really should need that parking spot is an asshole move by someone that
1) Can't park for shit
2) Can get in and out of that contraption and likely should not be parked there, no matter who did it.

If that is the shops contraption, why not park it out on the grass, up on a rock showing all a little of its capabilities? Why not choose a spot that ain't marked as special needs? I guess it'd be ok if they had modified a short bus.
You’re making the assumption they are blocking the spot while someone needs it, or are leaving it parked there....again common sense says they wanted the logo on the windows in the picture so they parked it where they wanted on their property to snap a picture before it left the shop or was parked somewhere else.

Reactions: Aftermath
You’re making the assumption they are blocking the spot while someone needs it, or are leaving it parked there....again common sense says they wanted the logo on the windows in the picture so they parked it where they wanted on their property to snap a picture before it left the shop or was parked somewhere else.
Am I the only one making assumptions?
Edit: I make no assumption. Look at the photographic evidence. Read what I wrote.

Last edited:
Thats a shame. The 65 I had in Montana was full of wood ad towed another pick up truck full of fire wood up and over a rugged mt. road. It wasnt pretty, would ruin your kidney's, but it would pull. Wish I still had it.

View attachment 8014046
Had a 69 J-2000 in H.S. Thing was a tank. Hit a big doe at 60mph. Good square hit....smeared her all over the highway. Broke the headlight........now if I'd got that big chrome grille involved it would have been toast.

no matter what you buy it will fail!
I've lived here 30 years. Not one of my vehicles has ever been back to a dealer, nor have any owned by my family. I've had every brand, including Japanese, Korean and of course every USA. You could say we've had to do work on our 70's and such muscle cars, but that's because none of them are "stock"..

Edit - quick mental check, I'm up to 34 vehicles. My daughter and I currently own 11, add my ex's brother and we're up to 20.

Look I'm going to stop you right now. It's a Scrambler....not a Gladiator. Just call it what it is.

jim-halpert-the-office.gif

What have you been smoking?

A scrambler was a stretched cj-7 with a little more storage behind the back seat.

It did not have 4 doors, and it didn't have a bed. You could get them with the silly half cab hard top, but that made it a 2 seat jeep with a body tub.
The gladiator has 4 doors, and a separate bed.

I have a CJ-7 for Jeep things. I have 3 trucks with 8' beds for truck things. The gladiator sucks at both, but the Rubicon package would make it appealing if I never needed to haul more than rifle cases.

What have you been smoking?

A scrambler was a stretched cj-7 with a little more storage behind the back seat.

It did not have 4 doors, and it didn't have a bed. You could get them with the silly half cab hard top, but that made it a 2 seat jeep with a body tub.
The gladiator has 4 doors, and a separate bed.

I have a CJ-7 for Jeep things. I have 3 trucks with 8' beds for truck things. The gladiator sucks at both, but the Rubicon package would make it appealing if I never needed to haul more than rifle cases.

What have you been smokin'??

The original 1962-1988 Gladiator (SJ) was a 1/2 or 3/4 ton rated pickup truck that never had a 4 doors from the factory. There were a few that had an extended cab.

What have you been smokin'??

The original 1962-1988 Gladiator (SJ) was a 1/2 or 3/4 ton rated pickup truck that never had a 4 doors from the factory. There were a few that had an extended cab.

But it was a truck, with a cab and bed, not a single tub body style.

All the manufacturers have crew cabs now because they're about 70% of sales. In the 60s they barely sold from the big 3 and AMC couldn't afford to build too many variations.

Buy one if you want one.

But for God’s sake, know that you don’t deserve to get the Jeep wave!

Reactions: hollowoutadime
I knew this thread would draw out the toyota guys! Reliable vehicles if left stock. Stick a front locker and 35s on your tacoma and you better have a trailer to haul behind it to keep the half shafts and busted differentials in. That reliability goes out the window if your actually using it for anything other than highway driving or light off road duty. Been there done that, tired of the rotting frames, and perceived "reliablity" with the toyotas made for the US market.
Do you want to have a bulletproof truck that will do everything you want with absolutely no big issues? A truck that after 300k miles you look at it and go, holy cow this thing won't die! If so then get a Toyota Tacoma and stay the hell away from any jeep.

Reactions: Huskydriver
54 years ago, my first vehicle was a flat fender jeep, probably military surplus. Stripped down to the frame and rebuilt. It was, to say the least, a "learning experience". That was the last Jeep I owned.
Needed a truck around the homestead so I picked up the one in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_7851.JPG
    IMG_7851.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 33
Have a 2021 gladiator Willy’s diesel. Just over 20k miles so far. Zero issues. Bone stock. Get roughly 26-27mpg. Pulled 3k lb airstream many times now and getting high 19mpg pulling. Also pull trailer with 60hp 4x4 John deer. Has zero issues whatsoever pulling the weight but wouldn’t want to do it if the trailer didn’t have brakes. Love mine so far it’s an awesome vehicle. I do wish that like Toyota making both sizes that they would make a gladiator xl and put a bigger diesel and a bigger bed. Bed could definitely be bigger for my liking.
042799A3-2A82-4394-8FE0-669139EA34F7.jpeg

All I need to know about "today's" Jeep is that it's a FIAT (Chrysler) product!! Had a Grand Cherokee...I bet it's still running though because every part had been replaced at least once in 130K miles.

Our JT and JL's have been problem free other than one steering stabilizer dealer replaced. Every vehicle has tradeoffs. My Sierra 1500 couldn't tow like my Ram diesel but both hauled plywood easily. Gladiator will go places that the 1/2 to-3/4 tns won't. A 2dr JL Rubicon will go about anywhere, and isn't bad on the freeway getting there. 4dr has a much bigger tank. If something goes wrong with a diesel, it can be an expensive fix. Wranglers have highest resale, though they have gotten expensive (everything is). If you have cash and parking space, buy what suits you.

Reactions: Simonsza1
All I need to know about "today's" Jeep is that it's a FIAT (Chrysler) product!! Had a Grand Cherokee...I bet it's still running though because every part had been replaced at least once in 130K miles.
I had a Fiat. We called it the 'Fiasco'. Like your Cheap it had every part replaced, engine, transmission, everything. Then it got totaled and the insurance wouldnt pay. Absolute fucking total loss. That thing had more wires and especially hoses, than Carter has pills.

That vehicle should have come off the assembly line and gone straight to the crusher, no passing go, no $200.

1670261511297.png

"mini truck" is funny. Put these things next to an old ranger or older toyota and you will see what a "mini truck" is. And I think there is a market for a truck the size of the old rangers.

I have two, a 90 F150 with an 8' bed two tanks and the straight 6, it will be running long after I am gone. The other the honda ridgeline, park them side by side and the ford is a bit longer, but as far as size, very close. These "mini trucks" are HUGE.

I wanted the Honda to get stuff on the way home from work, and kept the ford for "big stuff". The honda has really grown on me, it rides like a car and I get 28mpg without trying. I moved roughly 3000# of scrap steel in the back of it on thanksgiving, the father in law was getting rid of his stuff and we loaded the thing down. Gonna mess up the plastic bed, well no it did not. The nose was pointed skyward but it drove fine, quite happy with it. Full sized pickup trucks are a bit of a joke now. More of a statement then to haul stuff around.

Reactions: Simonsza1
Fiat and Isuzu have made more Diesel engines then all the other manufacturers combined. Fiat makes the eco diesel which is amazing and Isuzu is responsible for the Duramax which is also amazing. Not to mention the bazillions of diesels around the world running on one of there power plants. For all the people out there owning one of those two motors they should be real happy in the idea of who made them.

Fiat and Isuzu have made more Diesel engines then all the other manufacturers combined. Fiat makes the eco diesel which is amazing and Isuzu is responsible for the Duramax which is also amazing. Not to mention the bazillions of diesels around the world running on one of there power plants. For all the people out there owning one of those two motors they should be real happy in the idea of who made them.
The Gen 1 and 2 fiat ecodiesel for the ram brand had their fair share of issues. Time will tell if the current Gen 3 version out now will skip those issues.

Regardless, the ecodiesel is done and will not be offered after next year. FCA has grown tired of fixing them because they are expensive and will be replacing the eco with a turbo gas motor

sad, cause i really want a diesel-electric hybrid gladiator

Wow…this went off the rails quick.

Anyways. Leaning towards the V6 Auto. I would consider the Rubicon if i can get a left over 22 model a little cheaper…guess we will see.

Some of you as usual have some sex identity issues with the comments around what someone drives…

I am currently in a Honda HRV. Has NO power to get out of its own way and NO room.

I have 2 little ones and as they are getting bigger the Honda is just getting smaller and smaller

Yes, home ownership and a truck make sense… but i do not need a F250 or a 15 yr old vehicle.

I commute to work and need a little bit more room (more than i currently have) and some room to put junk in the bed…bikes…sports gear…yard junk etc.

I always see a ton of jeeps on the road. The resale value is definitely there as used ones with high miles still bring big money.

I dont do major off roading… i do go to the mountains…some snow..and very light farm work with NO pulling.

I dont keep vehicles long enough to worry about 10 yrs.

I do about 75-80k miles and get a new one. My income, savings is high enough to justify a new vehicle every 4-5 years and was mainly just trying to see what owners thought that actually own one.

Thanks for the info from those that know them amd provided feedback.

• Haha
People have been complaining about the 4xe just shutting off and slamming to a halt at interstate speeds all year. I’m glad they’re finally figuring it out and addressing it but it’s a shame they let it go this long.

Matt, sounds like you don’t need a rubicon. Best thing about rubi is factory lockers and very low gearing for crawling. Lockers in snow are bad so you should get a different model. If you just want to spend some bucks get the Mojave

I’ve had a 2020 Gladiator since late ‘19. 54k miles. Haven’t had any issues and love driving it especially with the top and doors off. Drives like a jeep but hauls like a mid-sized truck. Wouldn’t trade for anything. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 23773AC0-99B4-47CA-A884-BC78F4AB1578.jpeg
    23773AC0-99B4-47CA-A884-BC78F4AB1578.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 33
Wow…this went off the rails quick.

Anyways. Leaning towards the V6 Auto. I would consider the Rubicon if i can get a left over 22 model a little cheaper…guess we will see.

Some of you as usual have some sex identity issues with the comments around what someone drives…

I am currently in a Honda HRV. Has NO power to get out of its own way and NO room.

I have 2 little ones and as they are getting bigger the Honda is just getting smaller and smaller

Yes, home ownership and a truck make sense… but i do not need a F250 or a 15 yr old vehicle.

I commute to work and need a little bit more room (more than i currently have) and some room to put junk in the bed…bikes…sports gear…yard junk etc.

I always see a ton of jeeps on the road. The resale value is definitely there as used ones with high miles still bring big money.

I dont do major off roading… i do go to the mountains…some snow..and very light farm work with NO pulling.

I dont keep vehicles long enough to worry about 10 yrs.

I do about 75-80k miles and get a new one. My income, savings is high enough to justify a new vehicle every 4-5 years and was mainly just trying to see what owners thought that actually own one.

Thanks for the info from those that know them amd provided feedback.

It the pit… it always goes of the rails. I’m similar to you very rare that I keep a vehicle over 100k miles so the long term stuff doesn’t matter to me. Some people say the gladiator is a bad truck and a bad jeep I take the opposite opinion it does most of what both do and the reality most people don’t use either to their full potential.

The gladiator will tow 5-6k lbs… how many realistically tow more than this. 5-6 will pull your small boats, jet skis, utility trailers etc. If you’re the guy towing a 12k lb camper or 20k lb equipment trailer you know you need a 3/4 ton and you wouldn’t be asking this question anyways.

For me the gladiator was the best compromise of all. If you get the rubicon it comes with solid axels, locking front and rear diffs a real low range transfer case, disconnecting sway bars etc. there is not another factory truck made that prepared for off road use. Last year we go a +15” snowfall in central VA that was so wet and heavy it took down so many trees there were power outages for 7-10 days people stuck on 95 for 24 hours and the back roads near my house looked like they took artillery shelling. My gladiator went through over and around a lot of shit that 1/2 tons were stuck in. I can get it in parking garages in DC (watch the height) with no issue, parking around town is a breeze etc. It hauls 99% of what most people haul with a truck to include drywall, plywood etc. You have to leave the tailgate open and strap it down, which seeing how nobody buys a long bed truck anymore so does everyone else.

The resale value on wrangles is no joke, and hopefully the gladiator will continue that. I got 70% of my original purchase price when I sold my 2 dr Jk 9 years later.

The only downside I’ve found to the gladiator is the interior back seats are a little cramped and the shape of the door is a compromise. The rear seats fold up but they are not flush with the c pillar so that doesn’t afford you as much room as it seems. Also there is either a box or a divider under the rear seat. That prevents you from having much level floor space. You could remove it but I haven’t so can’t really comment on that. Make sure especially if you have kids that you think there’s enough room for your stuff back there and if you have car seats it’s not a pain getting them in and out.

Just my thoughts based on what you said lmk if you have any questions.

Had a 2020 Gladiator and couldn’t wait to get rid of it. Tracking down the road was horrible. Worst factory pain I’ve ever seen with dust looking spots on the hood and a clear coat run down the side. Plywood won’t fit between the wheel wells. The whole truck is put together with plastic push pins for fucks sake. If I’d have known every Jeep owner feels the need to wave like we’re old friends I never would have bought it to start with. Live and learn but you’ve been warned.

Had a 2020 Gladiator and couldn’t wait to get rid of it. Tracking down the road was horrible. Worst factory pain I’ve ever seen with dust looking spots on the hood and a clear coat run down the side. Plywood won’t fit between the wheel wells. The whole truck is put together with plastic push pins for fucks sake. If I’d have known every Jeep owner feels the need to wave like we’re old friends I never would have bought it to start with. Live and learn but you’ve been warned.
Just shoot them the bird.
IMG_5989.GIF

Also they act like waving at someone with the same brand vehicle is something they invented. The Harley weekender fake bikers have done that forever.

Went to the "big" auto show in KC, saw them, looked at how they are made and thought you are charging this for that, are you insane? I can see welds, and welds that look like I did it. They are just not for me, new ones anyway. I did drive them before the honda and came away thinking the same thing, this thing you need to be on top of the entire time to keep it going straight, and it was not just one, but two, did not take long to cross it off the list.

The Fiat thing is a sticking point for many, not me, but then I do own two fiats and have had a few of them years past, not much different from a LBC (little british car) or german car of the same vintage. Fiat is a huge company, they own everything, really built on the Ford model decades ago, own everything that goes into your car. The bolts say FIAT across the heads. Easy way to tell if things have been apart, look for any bolt that is larger then your finger, if it does not say FIAT it has gotten lost and has been apart by someone that really does not care.

As to the wave thing, never buy a motorcycle.