• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Jeff Gonzales - 3 Day Mid Range Marksmanship - 17 May 13 - Austin, TX

GreyGroupTraining

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Jeff Gonzales - 3 Day Mid Range Marksmanship - 17 May 13 - Austin, TX

$675.00

Course description:

The Mid-Range Marksmanship (MRM) is a 3-day advanced course that will instruct the tactics, techniques and procedures necessary to deliver effective fire at extended ranges using a tactical M4 platform. This course will tax the operational limitations of the weapon system, ammunition and student from 50 to 500 yards*. Students will develop the skill to achieve first-round lethal strikes at unknown distances. Students will also be able to correct for wind and determine the previous round’s bullet track to achieve second-round lethal strikes if necessary. Students will become familiar with proper zeroing procedures, Point Blank Range, known and unknown distance shooting and the various positions optimally suited for mid-range engagements.

Terminal objectives:

Upon completion of the Mid-Range Marksmanship (MRM) course the student will successfully qualify on the final standards test using a tactical M4 carbine with an issued optic (magnified optic or red dot sight) and firing duty match grade ammunition without committing any safety violations or tactical errors to the instructor’s satisfaction.

Enabling objectives:

Upon completion of this course of instruction, the student will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the course material through verbal discussion and/or practical exercises of the following tactics, techniques and procedures:

- Demonstrate safe weapons handling skills, nomenclature and manual of arms for the tactical carbine.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of tactical safety procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of mid-range marksmanship points of performance.
- Perform basic marksmanship training exercises.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of external and terminal ballistics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of an Improved Battlesight Zero (IBZ) and Point Blank Range (PBR).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of proper zeroing procedures.
- Perform tactical carbine zeroing exercises.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of standard shooting positions.
- Perform standard shooting position training exercises.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) reticules and IBZ Holds for engaging mid-range targets.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of range finding reticules and range estimations techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding for basic wind calling and bullet trace techniques to achieve second round strikes.
- Perform mid-range engagement training exercise versus paper and steal targets.
- Perform multiple mid-range engagement training exercises versus steal targets.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of field maintenance and small parts breakage issues.

Course prerequisites:
Combative Carbine, Level Two (CC2) or similar

* Maximum distance is subject to range availability

https://store.greygrouptraining.com/3-DAY-MID-RANGE-MARKSMANSHIP.html

Basic gear list:
Tactical M4 carbine equipped with red dot sight or magnified optic (with tactical sling)
1,000 rounds of match grade 5.56mm (75gr or 77gr OTM preferred)
7 carbine magazines
Training uniform (long pants and long sleeves)
Ball cap and shooting gloves
1st Line gear (rigid belt, sturdy holster, magazine pouches and dump pouch)
Clear and tinted wrap around ballistic eye and electronic hearing protection
Shooting pad or knee/elbow pads
Shooting rest or sandbags (bi-pod optional)
Hydration system and energy snacks
Weapons cleaning kit and quality lubrication

Course prerequisites:

Combative Carbine, Level Two (CC2) or similar

Hey Ramius, I am getting more information for you as we speak. This is one of Jeff's classes that we are helping promote so my information is limited. As soon as I know, I will post the information. Thanks! - Ramia-

I apologize for any inconvenience but I was just asked to cancel this class via the instructor. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!