• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Jet Suppressors

Re: Jet Suppressors

I appreciate your story. I sent off another email to them today. I doubt very much I will hear back from them any time soon. I hate that they have forced me to get all pissy about this, but they seem to feel no responsibility to take care of their customers.

Others on this forum talk about how great they are for giving away guns at competitions. Great! Who cares? How dumb do you have to be to be suckered in for that. They give away a few thousand bucks worth of AR parts, everyone thinks MGS is so great, they give up their money... nothing. It's a come-on.
Here's a riddle:
What is the difference between a guy that breaks into your house and takes your $1,400 TV and Mike's Gun Sales accepting your $1,400. Answer: Your insurance will pay for your TV, otherwise, nothing...

If Mike is such an upstanding guy, he can fess' up to being so quiet. Better yet, if he comes up with an apology and a valid excuse, I would be more than willing to say he's alright on this forum.

I have to say, I ordered my Jet in 2004, and got it in about 6 months. Thank God don't have to deal with them now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SnodyKnives</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I will visit Mike this week...

</div></div>

Maybe you can convince them to get his shit together. I have heard JET cans before, nothing special. And their CS sucks..... I dont understand why more people have not caught on and turned a cold shoulder to them. They could care less about taking care of the customers that have questions and issues!

I got my new Jet screwed on last night and then dumped a few rounds out of it. I'm happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have shot Jet cans alot and have done so with other makes around at the same time. i can tell you....their cans are not louder than anyones.....</div></div>
I've shot Jet's .30cal can against Ops Inc 12th .30, KAC, AAC Cyclone, Gemtech HVT and I don't remember what else....Jet was the least impressive.

I wouldn't take a Jet can for free, because it ain't worth the $200 tax stamp!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my new Jet screwed on last night and then dumped a few rounds out of it. I'm happy. </div></div>

Well of course you are happy! You didn't have to chase the damn thing down!! BTW, loved the pics you posted of it with your AR10.

My advice to everyone is buy from Jet at your own peril.

Oh Lord, want you buy me, a Mercedes Benz.

My friends all drive Porche's..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Lord, want you buy me, a Mercedes Benz.

My friends all drive Porche's.......... </div></div>

Its "Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a Mercedes Benz". Get your J. Joplin right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Lord, want you buy me, a Mercedes Benz.

My friends all drive Porche's.......... </div></div>

Its "Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a Mercedes Benz". Get your J. Joplin right. </div></div>

Jered Joplin would never have said it like that.

He also thinks you need to quit hating.

I'm trying to digitally re-master them.

Sounds like old vinyl records with the lathes spinning in the background.

I once defeated Billy Mays in the Thunderdome.

I got to the chainsaw first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I once defeated Billy Mays in the Thunderdome.

I got to the chainsaw first.

</div></div>

He never fails to deliver!

I have been pricing new cans from several places. I contacted Jet and they said the lead time for the .308 can was 3-5 weeks. Glad I bought a SHARK instead.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you made a wise choice my friend </div></div>
It helped looking at your can Cobra. Makes sense to have a can that I can swap the threads on to use in either of my rifles. Im glad I got it from David.

Here is my experience with Jet. I ordered a .233 suppressor about 18 months ago. I was told there was a 3 week waiting period before it would be shipped to my dealer. I went through all the failed contact attempts. Finally asked for my money back in a certified letter last December, and was told that they were just waiting on the dealer's paperwork to return from ATF and they would ship as soon as they had it, within a week or three. Never got it, more failed contact attempts. I asked for my money back again a few weeks ago. Didn't hear back, but my dealer called today saying he'd received a Jet suppressor. However...the form 3 is for a .338 can and some other dealer, but the can is the short .223 model (right can, wrong Fm 3). Also, he says this can weighs 24oz, and he thought it was too to heavy for titanium. I don't know about this last part, but doesn't seem correct to me - the nearest I can tell online is that the can should weigh about 14oz. Finally, the can shipped with a stainless thread protector instead of the muzzle break it's supposed to ship with. The thread protector is a different diameter and thread count than the suppressor, so maybe it's for the .338 can that was on the Form 3? No idea how long it will take to figure all this out, or if they ever will.

It took me about 18 months to get a 300 Fireball can from Jet, and then the threads wouldn't fit my barrels. Other than that I'm not that impressed with the suppressor. I'm currently using it on an ultra-short 6.8SPC to reduce muzzle blast. Too bad they don't have any resale value.

My experience with Jet has been lies, excuses and badmouthing/backstabbing of other companies.

I live here in Corpus and had planned on getting a suppressor from Jet until I saw this thread and a couple others earlier this year. Ended up buying from Maj Malfuntion and shipped it to Modern Pawn and Guns over on Airline. If you need a transfer, go with them. Great guys to deal with.

Update: Well, Mike's called my dealer back about the Form 3 today - they got that all straightened out. Also, the can is the correct weight for the muzzle break adapter model. The adapter was screwed into the can, and my dealer didn't know it until after he talked to them. Saw the can today, and it looks really good. Will see how it sounds in a few months.

If the suppressor should weigh 14oz and it's 24oz with the muzzle brake/adapter installed, does that mean the muzzle brake weighs 10oz? That's almost as much as the can itself.

Can you tell me if your brake/adapter is like the ones pictured for sale on their web site? I used two of their SS brake/adapters on Form 1 builds. I'll weigh mine.

Jet's track record is extremely poor. I thought about buying one until I talked to them. Not impressed with their CS.

From what I understand, the thread-on version weighs 14oz., which I got in one of the magazine articles on their site. My "Warthog" version weighs 24oz with the adapter screwed into it on my dealer's UPS scale. I do not know what they weigh individually, but I'd say the suppressor is heavier than 14oz. for sure. My dealer confirmed this was correct with MGS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonLSU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live here in Corpus and had planned on getting a suppressor from Jet until I saw this thread and a couple others earlier this year. Ended up buying from Maj Malfuntion and shipped it to Modern Pawn and Guns over on Airline. If you need a transfer, go with them. Great guys to deal with.</div></div>

+1 for the Major. I got my 45 Osprey and have a SS Sparrow on order with him waiting for form 3 to my SOT.