• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Jet Suppressors

Re: Jet Suppressors

I have a .22lr Jet suppressor and had a .30 caliber Jet suppressor, and I never had any problems with Mike or Debra; both the transfers went smoothly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gewehrmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta say, it took balls for Jet to come in to a public thread on a forum that has a reputation for brutality and admit to their shortcomings. I applaud that effort.
If they actually come through for their customers who have been shortchanged it will go a long way in shoring up their rep. </div></div>

+1

glad to hear it. The guys at jet r good guys.

Mike,

I hope that you have put procedures in place to pull your company though the customer service doldrums. And your sponsorships of the shooting community has not gone unnoticed by myself. The email that I received on March 3 was encouraging, and I hope that the promised follow up comes through too.

Thank you.

Scooty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gewehrmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta say, it took balls for Jet to come in to a public thread on a forum that has a reputation for brutality and admit to their shortcomings. I applaud that effort.
If they actually come through for their customers who have been shortchanged it will go a long way in shoring up their rep. </div></div>

this is classic... a reputation for brutality ? with 8 posts and nothing in their profile. sounds like a voice of experience. Maybe he missed the part where I own 4 Jet Suppressors.

In most cases. <span style="font-style: italic">(generally speaking)</span> I would say criticisms on this site are earned. </div></div>
Just an observation on my part. A manufacturer was getting bashed and they showed up to address it. I never said criticism wasnt deserved here, but I was warned that stupid questions are often met with harsh responses. Im not entirely sure what your having Jet suppressors has to with my response and I did indeed miss that part.
I fixed my profile because apparently that is part of the standard by which one is judged here. I apologize for not being particularly interesting.
On the bright side, this helps bring my post count up.

Ok, sounds like a suppressor that's nice, when you can actually get one.

I'll stick with the "Great suppressor now is better than a perfect suppressor later" mantra. And get what's reasonably available.

Hey Pete..I actually have 3 but I think I am going to order two more just so I can say I own more than Lowlight..
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Pete..I actually have 3 but I think I am going to order two more just so I can say I own more than Lowlight.. </div></div>

Sounds good Stan. I myself only own two. JET does make a good product and both of us are luck that we are not far from where they are.

You guys speak to Mike or anyone else in the upper echelon at Jet, please ask them to read the PM I sent to Mike on this site.

sounds like they might be coming around on their customer service hope its ture for those who have orders waiting with them

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time Jet has had to come on the internet and publicly apologize for failing to deliver, but instead ducking their customer.

Infact, I'm going to go look for it. Pretty sure I know where to find it. It would be the first time on this site and this year however...

I ordered two back in August of '09. Wasn't really worried about it until now. I just figured it was SOP for it to take a while for the ATF to approve. After reading these posts, my level of concern went to "RED".

Now I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see the cans....or my money. Has anyone ever not received their cans, or their money back from Jet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdhtexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered two back in August of '09. Wasn't really worried about it until now. I just figured it was SOP for it to take a while for the ATF to approve. After reading these posts, my level of concern went to "RED".

Now I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see the cans....or my money. Has anyone ever not received their cans, or their money back from Jet?</div></div>

In case this is your first Title II acquisition, then I'd like to point out that collecting NFA items requires patience. IMHO, yes, you will definitely see your cans, it may just take a while; ATF has been known to be notoriously slow sometimes, often depending on the Examiner. In fact, one of my shooting buddies submitted an individual Form 4 tax-paid transfer last June 2009, and he's still waiting on his suppressor. I have purchased two suppressors (.22lr, .30 Cal.) from Mike & Debra, and I never had any issues with my Form 4 transfers from Jet Suppressors.

Thanks B.Melick - you are correct, this is my first purchase of anything NFA. So I really don't have a point of reference for "how long" this process should take.

Every time I have spoken to Debra at Jet, she has been most polite and willing to share her thoughts on the subject of suppressors. I keep waiting to see the checks to the ATF to clear the bank, thinking that may be an indication of delivery. Guess I'll just bide my time and keep my fingers crossed.

Woah wait....You submitted a F4 w/o the suppressor in your hands??

Edited to clarify:

"your hands" meaning your dealers hands or whoever is doing the transfer to you.

I thought that was the way it was supposed to be submitted. F4 with signatures, pictures & prints, and "sign-off" from the sheriff, and $200 to the ATF for each can.

I was under the impression that you don't receive your can until ATF approves. If that is incorrect, please let me know. I was just following Jet's instructions.

Well yes this is true, "you" don't receive your can till approved F4.. Are you going through Jet directly for the transfer? Have you seen the actual suppressor with the serial that matched the paperwork you sent in?

Well I wish you the best of luck with that. I would ask for the serial # and call ATF and find out your status on their end. For you not having the can, that would make me uneasy not actually seeing what I am filing a F4 on. I like to do a visual inspection before I send off a $200 lifetime stamp If there were ever anything cosmetically wrong, or looked like a bad thread job you could deny the can and have the option for a new can, but once the F4 is sent it is yours no matter what it looks like and your ground you stand on just got alot smaller and difficult to walk on. You dont get a refund on a stamp, and paperwork would have to be filed to transfer back to jet. Now they would definitely have to provide you with a can serialized to you and if they didn't, then you could easily get ATF on your side, but the loss here is the customer service from that point on might be in jeopardy.

I hope that clarified my concerns about your cans. I am not trying to be an negative nelly or piss in your cheereo's but I hate when dealers have someone file a F4 w/o product in hand. It gets even more sketchy when it has to go through a F3 to the dealer. I do hope it goes smoothly with your cans, but IMO I would be calling ATF and checking on status to see who is actually the one that is held up.

Thanks Jr V - This is all new to me, and I'm just trying to wade my way through this process. I called the ATF this morning, and they can't give me any info without the S/N. So, I dropped an email to Jet asking for the S/N to find the status.

Hopefully B Melick is right, and I just need to be patient. We shall see.

Yes being patient is very important, but being proactive is in your best interest if you are unsure what the deal is with Jet. Once again, good luck and I hope your first NFA experience will go smoothly enough to move you into other fun NFA toys. Please keep us posted on how you make out.

-JR

best thing to do in any situation is to mail your paperwork your self.

get the dealer to fill it out with the s/n of the can and all of their info.

then take the paperwork to your LEO to get it signed.

then get your own finger prints and passport photo.

then write you check and put it all in the mail your self.....taking note of the date you mailed it.

if the can is made and the paper work is sent then it's no ones fault but the ATF as far as wait time.

this will eliminate alot of head acks for alot of people no matter who they are buying a can from.

Thanks cardog. I've called a couple of times and sent a few emails requesting the S/N, no response. If I was getting any feedback from them whatsoever, I would continue to bide my time. But since they are not responding, it may be time for me to redefine the nature of my association.

The unfortunate thing is that this is my first experience in purchasing anything NFA - and now I'm gun shy. At this point I don't care if the rifles are noisy.

I am not sure whats going on now. I had a 308 can made by them a few years ago and got excellent service and even a pass to shot show. The can itself was top shelf. Hopefully this is just an isolated temp situation. They treated me well. FWIW.

Cheers,
JG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to do a visual inspection before I send off a $200 lifetime stamp If there were ever anything cosmetically wrong, or looked like a bad thread job you could deny the can and have the option for a new can, but once the F4 is sent it is yours no matter what it looks like and your ground you stand on just got alot smaller and difficult to walk on. You dont get a refund on a stamp, and paperwork would have to be filed to transfer back to jet.</div></div>

That is not exactly true; transfers can be voided by writing a letter to ATF's NFA Branch and sending back the Form 4 and tax stamp, and then ATF will eventually refund the transfer tax to the transferor (to Jet Suppressors in this example).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to do a visual inspection before I send off a $200 lifetime stamp If there were ever anything cosmetically wrong, or looked like a bad thread job you could deny the can and have the option for a new can, but once the F4 is sent it is yours no matter what it looks like and your ground you stand on just got alot smaller and difficult to walk on. You dont get a refund on a stamp, and paperwork would have to be filed to transfer back to jet.</div></div>

That is not exactly true; transfers can be voided by writing a letter to ATF's NFA Branch and sending back the Form 4 and tax stamp, and then ATF will eventually refund the transfer tax to the transferor (to Jet Suppressors in this example).</div></div>

Hrmm I have not heard of this happening. Any info where I could read about this? I am not questioning your info, but I would be very interested to read about this type of situation. I was aware of the canceling of a stamp of an unbuilt approved F1 firearm, but have found nothing that mentioned the F4 could be refunded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to do a visual inspection before I send off a $200 lifetime stamp If there were ever anything cosmetically wrong, or looked like a bad thread job you could deny the can and have the option for a new can, but once the F4 is sent it is yours no matter what it looks like and your ground you stand on just got alot smaller and difficult to walk on. You dont get a refund on a stamp, and paperwork would have to be filed to transfer back to jet.</div></div>

That is not exactly true; transfers can be voided by writing a letter to ATF's NFA Branch and sending back the Form 4 and tax stamp, and then ATF will eventually refund the transfer tax to the transferor (to Jet Suppressors in this example).</div></div>

Hrmm I have not heard of this happening. Any info where I could read about this? I am not questioning your info, but I would be very interested to read about this type of situation. I was aware of the canceling of a stamp of an unbuilt approved F1 firearm, but have found nothing that mentioned the F4 could be refunded.</div></div>

Have you ever read the current instructions for ATF's Form 4 (5320.4), in particular, sections 4, 5 and 6?

For a sample of an older Form 4, read Section 3 here.

Here are two other quasi references:
What happens if I move before taking possession of Class 3 firearms?

Refund policies for NFA weapons

Actually yes I have read the instructions(albeit not the most current, but just did) and the NFA guide book and it all pretty much references you can do it before possession. I guess I read it and just didn't think/comprehend about canceling the stamp before taking possession. I need to freshen my knowledge more often as it isn't retaining it as well as it used to. I swear I have read all that info when I was first interested in NFA.

My main thing was you really should have the product to inspect before sending out a F4. Oh and also know what you speak before you speak!
smile.gif

Well Hey Everybody! I just thought I would tell you that it has now been 3 weeks and 3 days since (according to Mike) my paperwork was approved at ATF. And guess what!?! Nothing!

After speaking to two other Class 3 dealers I am told paperwork typically arrives between 5 days and two weeks after approval.

I wonder what the excuse is now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe.......someone gave up telling the truth for lent...... </div></div>

That's funny! I should have given up "buying from Jet" for lent. I'd be a lot better off.

ive never had a ny good luck with jet. i was planning on getting a few of their .30 cans, but the CS id terrible. ended going with AAC.

O.K. I'm done - stick a fork in me. According to the ATF, they deposit the $200 tax within five business days of receipt. It may take awhile to process the F4's, but it gives a good indication of when they got it sent to them. My checks were dated August of '09 = never cleared. I wonder where they've been? If they were lost, don't you think Jet would have said something by now?

I referred several of my friends back last summer (before I knew about the "run-around") who actually gave them some business. I personally made it a point to call each one and appologize to them for sending them to Jet. And told them I hope they fare better than I did.

From what I've been finding out, the suppressor community is a pretty tight group, and word travels fast about people being jerked around. Time to "Drive on......Oorah!"

I was also referred to Jet, and like your friends, was given an apology. Apparently there was a time when Jet had some form of C.S. and even a decent product. Now there are so many better options, and from manufacturers that will actually deliver. My only question is how are they still in business?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Hey Everybody! I just thought I would tell you that it has now been 3 weeks and 3 days since (according to Mike) my paperwork was approved at ATF. And guess what!?! Nothing!

After speaking to two other Class 3 dealers I am told paperwork typically arrives between 5 days and two weeks after approval.

</div></div>

Why am I not shocked....but hey, they give a lot to the matches so it makes it better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Hey Everybody! I just thought I would tell you that it has now been 3 weeks and 3 days since (according to Mike) my paperwork was approved at ATF. And guess what!?! Nothing!

</div></div>

Why am I not shocked....but hey, they give a lot to the matches so it makes it better. </div></div>
No doubt. What the F is up with that? You can give it away but yet you cant give people what they payed for? I will never do business with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShotCaller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My only question is how are they still in business?</div></div>

Easy - they take your money, keep it for seven to nine months interest free, don't deliver the product or file your paper work until you start making a fuss or asking for your money back......then wait for the next person.

Call it a form of financial "sniping". O.K. - i admit it, I've been sniped! Oh shit...I've been hit! Is there a support group?
Medic!!

Jet makes a good product, and they don't spam there products to drum up sales like AAC did/does, it's a small operation that can't afford a telephone email answer person, but lying is uncalled for, too bad.

If there are issues with production resources, why keep accepting orders in, when it is known that the delivery time is long?

I really have a hard time understanding a 9-12 month delivery time for a suppressor, if it is a regular item and not a special one and if the company is small and not occupied by large government orders for example.

Just a follow up. Today (4-01-10) my dealer received my can from Jet. Although I have not seen it I am told it "looks nice".

Look on the bright side, now you get to pay the Government $200 for a long wait, on a much louder can than you could of had a long tome ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a follow up. Today (4-01-10) my dealer received my can from Jet. Although I have not seen it I am told it "looks nice".
</div></div>

I am sure you are going to find out that they make a good product, it might take a while to get, but it will pay off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShotCaller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look on the bright side, now you get to pay the Government $200 for a long wait, on a much louder can than you could of had a long tome ago. </div></div>

much louder can?

i have shot Jet cans alot and have done so with other makes around at the same time. i can tell you....their cans are not louder than anyones.....

they are a small company and i see their quality to be of the highest out there. not some mass produces can that is slaped together but marketed with full page ads in every gun mag.

the suppressor world is small and all of the companys that make cans are small if you take out surefire.
theirs not alot of profit in makeing suppressors and the production of them ties up a cnc for along time.
I think if people could visit some of these places you would see. no one that is building cans is getting rich. and over staffing can kill a company.

not making excusses for them just sharing my incite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SnodyKnives</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I will visit Mike this week...

</div></div> How was your visit? Did they answer the door?

Funnny, I emailed them earlier this week about possible setting up a date to hear their cans, and possible buying one and I got a response the next day. Glad I saw this post. I'll take my money to Laredo or San Antonio and order one from someone else.

Hey guys I am new to the hide so I hope this isn't considered off topic. If the customer service on their cans is so bad, what about their rifles. I was thinking of adding one of their DMR-10's to my collection and now I am concerned that I may spend $3,650 and not see it till I am put out to pasture.

I have been perusing this forum for quite some time. I saw this thread and decided it was time to join and chime in...
I have had a .338 can on order from Jet for over a year now. Although the girl on the phone is nice to talk to and very cordial, I can never get an answer back on ANY of my questions. Now, they won't even return my phone call. I at one point even invited Mike to my West Texas ranch to eliminate some Auodad sheep. I also thought about ordering another unit from them. Glad I didn't. My check has been cashed by the government for a year and I have received 2 other items from SSK and Gemtech within this period. I am now feeling like a chump. This Jet unit had better come quick and be pretty darn skippy or they need to man up and return my money...
I could have has a Thundertrap in 1/4 the time.

Bottom line... If your customer service sucks and you take 2-3 times longer than any other manufacturer to deliver, STOP TAKING ORDERS! It's the honest thing to do... Unfortunate, as I had high hopes for these people.

TxRifleman - I fianlly got my money back after what seemed like eternity. However, it was a struggle. After buying several other type of suppressors from some very reputable dealers and visiting with them about different brands, Jet Suppressors' credibility is non-existant.

Unfortunantly those just getting started in buying suppressors will have to be dupped like I was. How they remain in business is beyond me. Bottom line to all - cavet emptor, or better yet buy somewhere else.