• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

jewell, timney or shilen trigger?

caddokiller

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
texas
For my custom .300? Its going to have a stiller predator action, shilen select match stainless barrel etc. Ive never had a nice trigger before and dont know which one to choose

Re: jewell, timney or shilen trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdawson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jewell </div></div>

Wrong

Jewel is a great target trigger. It might be a littke finiky for a field rifle. I have had no trouble with any of mine except for my heavy BR rifle that needed readjustment after it was in my truck during a 25 MPH car hit. It was set a 2 oz if that matters. I have 4 jewells but I will get another trigger on my next rifle. I really enjoy shooting them as they feel great and break clean every time but feel like I would rather have a tougher one next time.

Timney or Jewell. Depending on your stock, the Jewell may need a little fitting because of the levers moving that control the safety. Its not a big deal and something that you might even be able to do yourself if you are handy.

I've got 4 jewels and love them. I have no experience with the timney or shilen, but I have no reason to try one. IMO jewels are top notch

On a hunting gun, Timney hands down. Own a bunch of them and never had a complaint.

Timney & Shilen's have treated me great on my tact/hunting setups l.. I have a few Jewel's as well but they are on the benchrest rifles. Can't go wrong with either!

I have 1 timney and it's a POS. To get the weight down where I like it the sear engagement is dangerous. I'll stick to jewell's. I have over 30 of them and never had a single issue.

I am considering listing the timney in the classifieds but I'm scared to because I think it's dangerous.

I have a Timney in my 700. I like it. Adjusting it down to the advertised 1.5lb capability wasn't a problem, although adjusting down to that weight required the sear engagement to be readjusted. I guess that's what happened to the guy above. If you get a Timney, just specify the pull weight and all will be adjusted for you at the factory. I got mine at 3lbs, but decided to go lower. My only gripe with the Timney is that the trigger is wide. I think it's too wide.

A friend of mine that has his rifle built almost just like mine went with a Shillen. I think I like the Shillen better, just because of the trigger it self. It isn't as wide and feels for comfortable.

I like the Timney in my hunting rifle but my next gun is getting a Jewell.

I had GAP put a Jewell in my build (my sig), and it is very nice. A few seasoned shooters have said that it was the best trigger they have felt.