• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell two stage issues

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Having issues with the disconnector not releasing the hammer after firing. Im having to put the safety on and manipulate the trigger around to get it to reset. I backed out the rear allen screw slightly and that helped, but it also dropped my second stage way too low to where the hammer is following the bolt forward every once in awhile (not firing, just light primer dents).

Im out of town and dont have one of their manuals on me to get their contact number, if someone has that I can give them a call to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Re: Jewell two stage issues

How long have you had your trigger installed and who installed it? Was it ever fully functional? Have you tried backing everything out and resetting all of the adjustments?

I've got an older one that works fine and another newer one that was junk and could never be adjusted properly.

Their last known phone number is (512) 353-2999.

My trigger was a little sticky with the regular pins. I changed to KNS anti-rotation pins and everything cleared up and now my trigger is awesome.

I've got four of their triggers and have only had problems with one of them. Sent it back to Jewel, they fixed it, put it back in the rifle, six years and four barrels later still works fine. They have always been great to work with. Give them a call and they should take care of you. I know there are several quality triggers out there, but I've had really good luck with Jewels.