• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Joe said “ Shoot them in the leg” / knee? What say you?

Biden has said multiple times suspects should be shot in the leg / knee.

So I’ll ask to those here that are very proficient in firearms AND have experience stopping bad guys with the same, under stress, just how much harder / more risky is it to shoot for the leg or knee than center of mass with a rifle or pistol?
Straight up question.

Exponentially more difficult and much more risk posed to bystanders if nearby!

That said, with most rifle projectiles (bullets) and some handgun bullets will fully penetrate a human and pose risk to bystanders or neighbors. Which brings us to know your target and what is beyond! memtb

Reactions: BLEE
Retired Military Operator who was working as RO explained a shotgun with bird shot is all you need for home defense. One shot to lower abdomen area will knock anyone down, once the bleeding stops dial 911 and you should be fine.

Kyle Rittenhouse shot a attacking criminal with a single shot, right as the criminal pointed a gun at him, disarming the attacking criminal (in many ways), better shot placement and discipline than most PD, included the spectactical guys, only to get called a “white supremest” by The Big Guy 🤷‍♂️

Shooting the gun is common when your brain is screaming "He has a fucking gun!".

Reactions: 308pirate
Retired Military Operator who was working as RO explained a shotgun with bird shot is all you need for home defense. One shot to lower abdomen area will knock anyone down, once the bleeding stops dial 911 and you should be fine.

That sounds like a retired military operator that now works as a range officer story.

Is the original post/question serious? Anyone with common sense would not be asking the question about leg or torso because the answer is self evident.

Reactions: BLEE and 308pirate
"Well that must be a sight. I'd kinda like to see that."
1*oyg-xrfbuqiurEs2Ewn3BA.jpeg

. He's still carrying a few bb's around with him, one stopped too close to operate on against the main artery in his neck.

This little part of every story is classic.
I've heard it 100 times in my life.
When I was 18 and heard my boss say it right after his trip to the ER, to remove a few number 8s, I thought it was cool.
Now I just recognize it for what it is, mostly bullshit made up to sound cool.

I actually got into an argument with a young coworker about this several years ago. I'd already been carrying concealed for a few years, and trained a few times a week at the local range. I finally got it through his thick skull after a while, and to be quite honest I wasn't very nice about it, either.

When people at work ask me anything about guns I just say "guns are icky"

That's one of the top fudd quotes you hear, right after "just the sound of racking it will scare them off".
I don’t recommend a shotgun for personal defense but have personally chambered a round in an 870 and the one I chambered the round for turned and ran which was good because the safety was off and I had good sight alignment. Still don’t recommend it though.

Anyone who says you don't have to aim a shotgun is dumb.
Lots of people that have never patterned a 00 Buck load out of an 18” barrel believe this shit and it could cost them under the wrong circumstances.

This entire discussion is pointless. As soon as they can create a true majority, the far left is going to eliminate all statues regarding criminal offenses. hence, no laws to break, no criminals.

That will backfire on them so fucking bad.

Remember boys and girls, the law is the only thing keeping a lot of people from going out and getting justice the old fashioned way

That sounds like a retired military operator that now works as a range officer story.
Not your ordinary range that your use to, they had to go through a period of removing gang members from practicing there as they sort of took over the place. Owner finally cleaned them out had to install live cameras hooked into the State Police.Place was open 24/7 back in the day which probably lead to some of the problems they were having.

Latrine operator?

eta: I’ll bet a months supply of @TheGerman Cheetos that this “operators” call sign was ID10T Actual.

Lots of people that have never patterned a 00 Buck load out of an 18” barrel believe this shit and it could cost them under the wrong circumstances.

Like pulling the trigger on a .38 special 9 times under extreme stress and assuming you have had some training.

At least with the 00 in a defensive shotgun you have the opportunity to miss 63 times instead of 6.

Between him saying AR’s are harder to use/aim and are poor for self defense and the whole get a shotgun and fire two blasts, it can be a real lesson in ‘don’t listen to idiots on subjects they nothing about’. I believe someone used the “Biden two blasts” defense not long after he spouted it and was charged either for warning shots or something along those lines.

He could tell me water is wet and I’ll be wondering if it was a dementia moment or he’s working an angle.

Back OT I LOL every time I hear some politician tell me that I don’t need a gun to defend myself then walk off stage surrounded by their armed security detail.

Reactions: Mwalex
It was a serious question. Thanks for the replies.
Got into Thanksgiving “discussion “ with several including a left-of-Bernie relative who said “no guns” then you shouldn’t ‘be able to shoot a burglar / attacker except in the leg’ as Biden noted. And another 1/2 hour diatribe on related BS.

She noted since I have “never shot someone in the leg or elsewhere”, it was noted I was not qualified to answer. Like she was, having never held a gun.

So I said I’d ask guys that had. That shut her up for then and hopefully the rest of today before she flys back.

Now I’m thinking a peace offering to her, maybe I should just gift wrap one of my peashooters and a firearms training gift certificate and slip it in her carry on luggage as a Christmas gift? :)

Got into Thanksgiving “discussion “ with several including a left-of-Bernie relative who said “no guns” then you shouldn’t ‘be able to shoot a burglar / attacker except in the leg’ as Biden noted. And another 1/2 hour diatribe on related BS.

She noted since I have “never shot someone in the leg or elsewhere”, it was noted I was not qualified to answer. Like she was, having never held a gun.

So I said I’d ask guys that had. That shut her up for then and hopefully the rest of today before she flys back.

Now I’m thinking a peace offering to her, maybe I should just gift wrap one of my peashooters and a firearms training gift certificate and slip it in her carry on luggage as a Christmas gift? :)

Why are you eating TG dinner with these assholes.
Find a better group of assholes to eat TG with.
Now you could have been ambushed like me, this year, so....learn from it, fix the problem.

Reactions: Lawless
Speaking of shooting with a shot gun. I had a friend catch another guy in bed with his wife, guy takes off running up the street, friend shot a bird-shot load his direction, at 100 yards away a single bb hit his heart and killed him. Friend did 20 years. Claimed he only wanted to scare him.
That said, I do have rubber slugs and buckshot for non lethal purposes, but if I'm in defense mode, center mass would be the only option in my head.
Most of the time I have an American Derringer DA38 in .357 in my pocket, even ported it shoots high, I prctice point shooting, I try to shoot at crotch level and hit center mass. Can't hit shit trying to aim it.
🤓

1638118376333.jpeg

Yes? Whats your question?
My brother chikn know some shit bout some shit

Speaking of shooting with a shot gun. I had a friend catch another guy in bed with his wife, guy takes off running up the street, friend shot a bird-shot load his direction, at 100 yards away a single bb hit his heart and killed him. Friend did 20 years. Claimed he only wanted to scare him.
That said, I do have rubber slugs and buckshot for non lethal purposes, but if I'm in defense mode, center mass would be the only option in my head.
Most of the time I have an American Derringer DA38 in .357 in my pocket, even ported it shoots high, I prctice point shooting, I try to shoot at crotch level and hit center mass. Can't hit shit trying to aim it.
Dude took his anger out on the wrong person, his wife was the one who said yes.....

I did shoot a doe from a jonboat floating the Neuse River (Totally legal in Johnston County NC if the deer isn’t swimming) a few years ago and one pellet hit her, right in the spine, and dropped her. About 60 yards, shouldn’t have shot at her at all.

I am simply not practiced enough at running a shotgun in a defense manner to rely on one. It takes lots of practice to run one fast and well enough to trump a carbine. I do have a beautiful Stevens trench gun I wish to run better.

My answer to your question is not to argue with morons.

I did shoot a doe from a jonboat floating the Neuse River (Totally legal in Johnston County NC if the deer isn’t swimming) a few years ago and one pellet hit her, right in the spine, and dropped her. About 60 yards, shouldn’t have shot at her at all.

I am simply not practiced enough at running a shotgun in a defense manner to rely on one. It takes lots of practice to run one fast and well enough to trump a carbine. I do have a beautiful Stevens trench gun I wish to run better.

A buckshot pellet. Big difference from birdshot.

Reactions: akmike47 and BLEE
I don’t recommend a shotgun for personal defense but have personally chambered a round in an 870 and the one I chambered the round for turned and ran which was good because the safety was off and I had good sight alignment. Still don’t recommend it though.

Shots still in a group the size of a slug across the room practically, why aim when you can just yeet it and hope for the best? 🤷‍♂️ Haha

Kyle Rittenhouse shot a attacking criminal with a single shot, right as the criminal pointed a gun at him, disarming the attacking criminal (in many ways), better shot placement and discipline than most PD, included the spectactical guys, only to get called a “white supremest” by The Big Guy 🤷‍♂️

Shooting the gun is common when your brain is screaming "He has a fucking gun!".

Kyle Rittenhouse, IMO, had tunnel-vision, and was focused solely on the gun in Lefty’s hand. He saw the gun as the threat, and shot towards it. Again, IMO, Kyle Rittenhouse was very lucky with that shot. If he had missed the arm, he would probably be dead now.

Kyle Rittenhouse, IMO, had tunnel-vision, and was focused solely on the gun in Lefty’s hand. He saw the gun as the threat, and shot towards it. Again, IMO, Kyle Rittenhouse was very lucky with that shot. If he had missed the arm, he would probably be dead now.
Fixating on a gun is pretty normal from what I understand. I read "lots" of people get shot in the arm/hand in gun fights at close range.

I think it was arfcom years ago that it happened to a guy. Armed guy came in, he pulled a gun, they both shot, and Homeowner got hit in the hand and it came out his forearm or elbow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka

Meh... that will get you arrested.

But if you take a piece of metal foil or sheet tin and cut out a nice gun shape... throw a few details on it... and slip it into a paperback book that you wrap up...

Just 'sayin ;-)

Sirhr

Yea you aim at my legs while I aim at your medulla oblongata......
Still a small hit box compared to center mass. I've met multiple people shot in the head at close range who it didn't really do anything.

Ones face was gone from the nose down and he's alive, his was self inflicted obviously.

Buddy got car jacked, shot 9 times, once in the face point blank and he still survived.

Last edited: