• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses John mcphee 2-day "gunner" heavy carbine marksmanship - gainesville, tx - october 19-20,

GreyGroupTraining

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
JOHN MCPHEE 2-DAY "GUNNER" HEAVY CARBINE MARKSMANSHIP -- GAINESVILLE, TX -- OCTOBER 19-20, 2013

$525.00

John McPhee's 2-Day "Gunner" Heavy Carbine Marksmanship course is designed to teach you to make the SHOT and do it in as little time as possible. Being accurate is final but being accurate in seconds or less is better.

In this course you will mount, level, zero, and shoot several courses of fire. You will do this with your gear. Bring what you have; we will make you good with it. Learn to use your rifle, scope, reticle and any accessories for them. Shoot for accuracy; true your gun, with your zero, skill and making the SHOT in fractions of a second. Engage from different shooting positions, analyze the mechanics of each one, and practice for time. Learn to estimate range, wind and shoot rapidly. Learn from your misses where the shot went, why and correct for a hit in seconds or less. Use hold offs, hold under, and holdovers to better increase your time to accurately hit your target. Learn to correctly and rapidly reload, correct malfunctions and stoppages to get back in the fight when seconds count.

Do these things while applying the Perfect Fundamentals of Marksmanship. Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect Practice Makes Perfect.

Topics covered:
Basics of the heavy carbine rifle
Weapon manipulation
Safety
Load/Reloads
Unload/Clear weapon
Scopes/Reticles
Zeroing
Ammo, Ballistics
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Stance; prone, kneeling, standing
Malfunctions
Eestimate range; wind calculations
Hold offs, Holds, Land-marking
Mounting accessories
Cleaning, maintenance

***This class is open to: AR-10 platform guns in any caliber, AR-15 platform with 5.56 or larger caliber (SPR & RECCE type rifles), 7.62 or larger caliber foreign weapons, 7.62 or larger caliber bolt guns (be ready to reload, haha)***

***Bring a clean gun, your first shot will be for Data***

http://store.greygrouptraining...RKSMANSHIP-0080.html

REQUIRED GEAR:

***Absolutely no Blackhawk Serpa Holsters***

Required Weapon:

This class is open to; AR-10 platform guns of any caliber, AR-15 platform with 5.56 or larger caliber (SPR & RECCE type rifles), 7.62 or larger caliber Foreign weapons, 7.62 or larger caliber bolt guns (be ready to reload, haha).** ***Bring a clean gun your first shot will be for Data***

Required Ammo:

450 Rounds

Required Gear:

Optic 1-4 power (Min), with any reticle - Red dot scope w/ magnifier also acceptable

Ballistic Eye Protection

Hearing Protection

4 magazines

A way to carry 2 mags on your body

Kneepads

Rifle sling
**Optional ballistic computer (will reference and use them)

So, a little bit of bad news, the range has been changed for this class. I don't have the address yet, as I'm waiting for my POC to return an email, but it's not going to be any more than hour from Gainesville. As soon as I know the address of the range, I will post it here. In case there is any confusion - this class is still a go and you can sign up at the link in the first post. Thanks!!!

Good news!!! We're still using Red River West for the range. I know some of you have emailed me about lodging. If you have booked a room in Denton, TX this is about a 30 min highway drive from Gainesville.

The plan is to meet at the Cracker Barrel in Gainesville and caravan out to the range. The range is closed to the public so once everyone is out there, the gate will be closed and John will have full use of the facility.

The class sells out at 12. If you haven't signed up yet, there are only 3 slots left.

Plenty of nice hotels right in Gainesville if you want to keep the drive down. This is a great range ran by a great guy. I've taken a couple classes out there and loved each one. I keep debating on this class but haven't pulled the trigger on it and end up being the only woman there.

RECOMMENDED LODGING:
Comfort Suites
1715 Interstate 35, Gainesville, TX 76240
(940) 665-5000

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
4201 Interstate 35, Gainesville, TX 76240
(940) 665-5700

Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville
4325 Interstate 35, Gainesville, TX 76240
(940) 612-4300

Plenty of nice hotels right in Gainesville if you want to keep the drive down. This is a great range ran by a great guy. I've taken a couple classes out there and loved each one. I keep debating on this class but haven't pulled the trigger on it and end up being the only woman there.

Nothing wrong with being the only woman there. John is great with the ladies (not in a creeper way either). I would join and be the second female there but I will be in TX the next weekend and can't make it down there two weekends in a row.