• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP / DPMS (.308) Compatibility

alpha0815

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Do the JP LRP-07 and PSC-12 rifles/uppers use a DPMS LR-308 pattern?

Correct. And I can confirm that the JP PSC-12 will lock up solid on a POF lower with the addition of 2 Hogan bushings to align the diameter of take down and pivot pins. And FYI, if your looking at handguards and decide to consider the Midwest Industries keymod you will need the high tang (2.10") versions which MI told me should be available in 2-3 weeks...

Really? I thought the PSC and LRP were dimentionally the same with the only differences being the dual side & top charging mechanisms and the inclusion of a forward assist on the PSC-12. I could have sworn I saw a few LRP uppers on iron ridge and shadow ops lowers, but I don't personally have one so I could be wrong...

Really? I thought the PSC and LRP were dimentionally the same with the only differences being the dual side & top charging mechanisms and the inclusion of a forward assist on the PSC-12. I could have sworn I saw a few LRP uppers on iron ridge and shadow ops lowers, but I don't personally have one so I could be wrong...

The PSC12 upper is made and contoured to pin and match standard-pattern DPMS lowers where the LRP07 upper & lower use JP-specific dimensions in a couple of areas regarding the parting line between the upper & lower. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have a DPMS-pattern lower to test fit my LRP07 upper but I believe an LRP07 upper will physically pin and function on a standard DPMS style lower but there will be gaps between the upper and lower.

JP can make a PSC12 upper fit on an LRP07 lower with some additional machining on the LRP07 lower, if you order a complete PSC12 rifle from JP it is built on a modified LRP07 lower. I don't believe they offer the reverse configuration (i.e. an LRP07 upper modified to fit on a standard DPMS-pattern lower.)

It's also worth noting that JP is now offering PSC12 uppers in both DPMS and Armalite/SR25 patterns.

Last edited:
So PSC-12 upper is safe for a DPMS pattern lower, but not the LRP-07...got it. What are the differences between the LRP and PSC uppers other than the pattern?

That's it. The PSC is made to fit DPMS lowers. I have one on a DPMS lower. It is a nice set up.

So PSC-12 upper is safe for a DPMS pattern lower, but not the LRP-07...got it. What are the differences between the LRP and PSC uppers other than the pattern?

LRP07 is side charge only and the PSC12 is dual charge (side and conventional top.)

Additionally, the LRP07 upper is available with or without forward assist and dust cover while PSC12 is only offered with forward assist and dust cover.

LRP07 is side charge only and the PSC12 is dual charge (side and conventional top.)

Additionally, the LRP07 upper is available with or without forward assist and dust cover while PSC12 is only offered with forward assist and dust cover.

Excellent, thank you. LRP-07 sounds just like what I want...of course that is the non-DPMS pattern. Guess I'm just going to have to save up for a LRP package....such is life.

is there a difference between the psc12 upper's rail height and the lrp07 upper's rail height? they are both...?

The PSC12 upper is made and contoured to pin and match standard-pattern DPMS lowers where the LRP07 upper & lower use JP-specific dimensions in a couple of areas regarding the parting line between the upper & lower. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have a DPMS-pattern lower to test fit my LRP07 upper but I believe an LRP07 upper will physically pin and function on a standard DPMS style lower but there will be gaps between the upper and lower.

JP can make a PSC12 upper fit on an LRP07 lower with some additional machining on the LRP07 lower, if you order a complete PSC12 rifle from JP it is built on a modified LRP07 lower. I don't believe they offer the reverse configuration (i.e. an LRP07 upper modified to fit on a standard DPMS-pattern lower.)

It's also worth noting that JP is now offering PSC12 uppers in both DPMS and Armalite/SR25 patterns.

I am curious if their Armalite patterns will fit a MWS lower? I am considering sending them my lower to check the fit. Just throwing this out their to see if anyone has any knowledge on that.

Amalite and SR-25 patterns are the same in terms receiver cuts. If you have B model upper it would have little mag stop tabs in the upper. The SR-25 patter won't. As for the MWS any A Model Armalite or SR-25 cut upper should work.

I am curious if their Armalite patterns will fit a MWS lower? I am considering sending them my lower to check the fit. Just throwing this out their to see if anyone has any knowledge on that.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but there's not much info on the JP PSC-12 upper (Knights/Armalite) version I can find anywhere. I'm looking to pair this potentially with either a LMT or STAG-10 lower which I have extras of. Both are slant cut so that's why I'm looking at the Armalite version. However, does anyone know if it's compatible with DPMS hi pattern handguards and DPMS barrels? On the JP website, it comes as a kit, so I wonder if the charging handle and BCG are also proprietary. It would be great if anyone with experience can chime in. Thanks!

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but there's not much info on the JP PSC-12 upper (Knights/Armalite) version I can find anywhere. I'm looking to pair this potentially with either a LMT or STAG-10 lower which I have extras of. Both are slant cut so that's why I'm looking at the Armalite version. However, does anyone know if it's compatible with DPMS hi pattern handguards and DPMS barrels? On the JP website, it comes as a kit, so I wonder if the charging handle and BCG are also proprietary. It would be great if anyone with experience can chime in. Thanks!

Did you ever figure out the answer to this?