• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Enterprises, LWRC, or Armalite SASS?

Firehouse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Alabama
I am looking for advice on a .308 semi auto. I currently own an Armalite AR-10 with a 16" barrel. Its a plain flat top model. I want to upgrade what I am using to also be used with an AAC 7.62-SD can. My uses for the platform would range from hunting to target shooting. I have decided to either upgrade the Armalite to the SASS upper, and maybe change the stock and trigger group, or sell it altogether and maybe look at a 18" LWRC REPR, or have JP Enterprises build me an LRP-07. I like the REPR but I have heard of gas blow back through the left side charging handle when shooting suppressed. I have also heard the JP guns shoot tighter than the REPR. What's the best bang for the buck and do any of you have any input on performance with these weapons?

I am a new member so I thank you in advance for your time and input.

Re: JP Enterprises, LWRC, or Armalite SASS?

The LRP07 is in a different league from all the rest. The design, construction, and function are second to none.

If it were me, I would do it right the first time and go LRP07.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LRP07 is in a different league from all the rest. The design, construction, and function are second to none.

If it were me, I would do it right the first time and go LRP07. </div></div>

+1,000!!

BTW, I'd take the sass upper over the repr, buy more ammo and mags and range time. At $3,500, the repr seems outclassed by semi customs and customs. I'd definately take the FN Scar .308 over the repr as well.

If you are not sure you want to spend $3.5 - $4 G's on a rifle DO NOT SHOOT A LRP-07!! That's how I ended up with one myself. Seriously though they are worth the money and the customer service is second to none. Call the shop and they will hook you up with anything you need. The adjustable gas block makes running a suppressor a breeze and the side-charging handle is totally B.A.!

I don't much care for the looks of a JP rifle but it's a tack driver. If it were my money, I'd go for the LWRC if POF wasn't a choice. You should also take a look at LMT, KAC, Noveske, and the GAP-10. Any of the aforementioned rifles will no doubt make you happier than a pig in shit.

If all you "done did" wuz to buy an ARMALITE FF HG for $80 and have GAP turn a 6mm/6.5mm CM/ .308 pipe matched to your bolt...

You would have a rifle that could bambi bash or take pink slips off of the line.

If'n you could would be another matter.

Best to you and fun while doing it, sir.

I built my own 308 AR using JP 16" match barrel and their entire BCG & low pro adjustable gas block. Their bolt sure is a beauty. I put their JP EZ trigger in the lower too. Still cost me some dough on their parts but I did save a little doing it that way. I don't like the look of their receivers but the side charger would be sweet to have. Shoots reeeeeeeeal nice. Slash's CAR 10 6.5 oz buffer and spring is in there too, works great.

If you want absolute tack-driving accuracy over anything else, go JP, easy. If you want to beat it hard, shoot suppressed without stopping to clean unless you just want to, and get sub-moa accuracy, then get the REPR. I have one, and gasface isn't an issue with my AAC 762SDN-6 can...the side charger insures that. Not sure where you read about blowback through the side charger, but it's the opposite - it pretty well does away with gasface.

Honestly, though, you might wanna just shoot the rifle you have for awhile. There's no reason that I know of to NOT suppress an Armalite with a can.

If you just want to get a new rifle, then the choices that you've mentioned are good ones. You could also consider the POF and LaRue OBR. For my money, I'm either going to run a LaRue PredatOBR or REPR...I ended up with the 16 inch REPR simply because it suppresses so well. Mine ended up being nearly half-moa, so I'm happy. You can pretty well count on a LaRue OBR or JP to be at least that accurate and the PST (LaRue) or adjustable gasblock of the JP make them fairly suppressor friendly as well.

I will try not to spill any kool-aid here but if you are going to run a can then I would buy the REPR..I do not understand the hate by some of this platform..I own one and can tell you they are built like a tank and yes they are accurate..The other two you mention are also good but like the others say they are not the only game in town..I would add the Larue OBR and LMT to that list as well as a POF..

I have a LRP07 and had a GAP-10. While both are unbelievable rifles if I had to chose one it would be the LRP07. Accuracy was incredible, the side charging handle was very helpful once I got accustomed to it, and the trigger was the best I've seen on a gas gun. You can't go wrong with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't much care for the looks of a JP rifle but it's a tack driver. If it were my money, I'd go for the LWRC if POF wasn't a choice. You should also take a look at LMT, KAC, Noveske, and the GAP-10. Any of the aforementioned rifles will no doubt make you happier than a pig in shit. </div></div>

I feel pretty much the same way. Those JP rifles just do not do it for me though and that is a personal preference. Im sure it is a tack driver and more accurate than my REPR but I didnt buy my REPR with competition intentions, just as a do-it-all rifle and I think that it should fit the bill perfectly for that. You need to figure out exactly what you want the rifle to do for you before you buy one though.

For using with a suppressor a piston gun will shoot cleaner. I would go with either a POF or a REPR. The side charging handle of the LWRC is nice, but weighs more than the POF.

I went with a POF after reviewing the same choices as you, and could not be happier.

JP Ent. makes fine stuff indeed.

Don't forget Larue, they look pretty nice too and may be worth considering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LRP07 is in a different league from all the rest. The design, construction, and function are second to none.

If it were me, I would do it right the first time and go LRP07. </div></div>

True dat.

I appreciate all of the input. I think I will go with a LRP-07. I did some checking and according to JP's web site I can build one to my specification for a couple hundred more than an LWRC. When you decide to spend that much money on one item why not go ahead and pony up the little extra to get what you really want. Thanks again for all of your insight.

I am new here also so this is just my 2 cents worth, I cannot speak to the other weapons but the REPR is a fine unit, I own 2 , a 20" and a recently added 16". I have not shot the 16 yet but the 20 is a sweetheart and shoots much better than my current skill level which I hope to improve, I also intend to use the same can on the 20 but have not as of yet, The side charging design is nice as there is no interference with the PRS stock, Recoil is light with the AAC brake installed, I don't have a weight on it as I have it set up but it is beefy, I don't think you would be disappointed with one, as I said I have 2 and really like them. anyway just my 2 cents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I appreciate all of the input. I think I will go with a LRP-07. I did some checking and according to JP's web site I can build one to my specification for a couple hundred more than an LWRC. When you decide to spend that much money on one item why not go ahead and pony up the little extra to get what you really want. Thanks again for all of your insight. </div></div>

You will not be disappointed with the JP LRP-07. I shoot one in 308 and one in 260 and they are on par with my bolt rifles. I think you will be extremely happy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will try not to spill any kool-aid here but if you are going to run a can then I would buy the REPR..I do not understand the hate by some of this platform..I own one and can tell you they are built like a tank and yes they are accurate..The other two you mention are also good but like the others say they are not the only game in town..I would add the Larue OBR and LMT to that list as well as a POF.. </div></div>

I agree with this... especially when suppressed the REPR shoots freaking awesome

I was considering the jp and the larue obr but I would get the jp in your case

Thought I would post an update. I placed an order for an LRP-07 yesterday. I went with a 20" medium contour barrel with the heat dissipator and the silent capture spring. Production time is as far out as September, but hopefully I will get it before then. I guess it's obvious I cannot wait.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will try not to spill any kool-aid here but if you are going to run a can then I would buy the REPR..I do not understand the hate by some of this platform..I own one and can tell you they are built like a tank and yes they are accurate..The other two you mention are also good but like the others say they are not the only game in town..I would add the Larue OBR and LMT to that list as well as a POF.. </div></div>

I agree with this... especially when suppressed the REPR shoots freaking awesome </div></div>

+1 on this...my REPR is 1/2 minute all day long with 175 Southwest. I don't think they could get any better for a suppressed setup. The side charging setup is awesome in the prone or when shooting subsonic ammo. I shoot my 18 inch REPR to 1000 with a 2.5-10 nightforce and have no problems hitting IDPA size targets. Im sure its capable of more at that range if I put a higher power optic on it.

I was up close and personal with the JP LRP 07 today and 1 word... Awesome! The recoil was almost non existent and the side charging handle is phenomenal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought I would post an update. I placed an order for an LRP-07 yesterday. I went with a 20" medium contour barrel with the heat dissipator and the silent capture spring. Production time is as far out as September, but hopefully I will get it before then. I guess it's obvious I cannot wait.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Their silent captured buffer spring looks like the bees knees. I want one for my LMT. Please post a range report when you get it, I'll be very interested to hear how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought I would post an update. I placed an order for an LRP-07 yesterday. I went with a 20" medium contour barrel with the heat dissipator and the silent capture spring. Production time is as far out as September, but hopefully I will get it before then. I guess it's obvious I cannot wait.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Good choice, you won't be disappointed trust me. Got mine a few a weeks ago and its insanely bad ass. Took about 14 weeks but thats because I changed some stuff up on the finish. I posted some pics in one of the other threads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just picked up a JP LRP-07 yesterday. Unfrigginbelievable quality and trigger. Everyone who worked in the gunstore came over to hold it and look. It's raining here lately so haven't shot it but can't wait. </div></div>

Congrats man. Everybody talks about their quality and accuracy being out of this world. (I myself, sadly, have never come face-to-face with one.)

Armalite SASS is the easiest choice here. AR's are not rocket science.

Just talked to BEN today, my LRP-07 with Swarovski z6i scope in my Pelican case will be here in about 2 weeks. I am so friggin excited. You will never go wrong or be unhappy with J P Enterprise weapon.

I've been looking at AR-10's steadily for the last few weeks and I have to admit that I'm somewhat torn. It seems like the RRA and DPMS rifles have excellent accuracy out of the box. At the same time, a little browsing here shows that GAP-10's, Larue's OBR, and the KAC EMC; while significantly more expensive, will hold their value much better than the rifles in the 1500-2000 pricepoint. At what point does the 'buy-once, cry-once' philosophy become throwing good money after bad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJMcMahon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking at AR-10's steadily for the last few weeks and I have to admit that I'm somewhat torn. It seems like the RRA and DPMS rifles have excellent accuracy out of the box. At the same time, a little browsing here shows that GAP-10's, Larue's OBR, and the KAC EMC; while significantly more expensive, will hold their value much better than the rifles in the 1500-2000 pricepoint. At what point does the 'buy-once, cry-once' philosophy become throwing good money after bad? </div></div>

AR's are not complicated. I would stick to DI AR's only because trick barrels are easily available. You can change an AR barrel yourself with a $20 wrench.

The fanbois are going to stick to OBRs, KACs, and GAPs. It's their money, and they should spend it however they like.

As for me, I have 2 Armalite AR10's, One is about 5 years old, and one is 4. Can't be more happy with them.

I am looking at another .308 AR, and pland to go with Mega Upper and Lower matching set, with a Rainer/Schilen 18" Ultra Match Barrel, Gissele Hi-Speed Match trigger, TD Pistol grip and UBR stock.

I want the Mega because it uses the SR25 mag. I have no issues with the Armalite AR10 mags, they are actaully one of my favorite mags. However, I want to go with something different.

I wish that there would be an industry standard like the 15 would be established