• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07 gas adjustment question.

Tcoddington

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2017
I am setting up my JP LRP-07 in Creedmoor and wondering where to start with the gas block adjustment. The rifle has a 22" barrel and will be running a Thunderbeast can. JP recommends starting with the block 2 full turns from closed without can. Just wondering where people have found the sweet spot with a can. Thanks Tom

Each rifle is going to be different, Just close the gas block all the way and start with one half turn open and go from there.

I have a LRP-07 in 308 Win with 22" barrel and 7" TBAC can. I'm at about 4.25 turns open FWIW. As BigJake said it's just going to depend. I started out running the LMOS system but now I have the heaviest bolt carrier and SCS JP offers, trying to keep my brass in decent shape. Also, (and I don't know if you have the same gas block, but) be sure to get some anti-seize or lube on the screws and "exercise" them regularly or they will freeze up. And the allen key is so thin it's nearly impossible to unstick them. I don't particularly care for the adjustable gas block my rifle has.

Reactions: dmuffman80
I have a LRP-07 in 308 Win with 22" barrel and 7" TBAC can. I'm at about 4.25 turns open FWIW. As BigJake said it's just going to depend. I started out running the LMOS system but now I have the heaviest bolt carrier and SCS JP offers, trying to keep my brass in decent shape. Also, (and I don't know if you have the same gas block, but) be sure to get some anti-seize or lube on the screws and "exercise" them regularly or they will freeze up. And the allen key is so thin it's nearly impossible to unstick them. I don't particularly care for the adjustable gas block my rifle has.
Thank you, very helpful.