• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07 in 6.5 Creedmoor

The Lawn Ranger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Does anybody have any experience with this caliber in a JP big-boy AR?

I am considering dropping the coin in the new year.

I will be shooting steel suppressed to 1200 yds (factory and hand loads)
and dropping deer here in my native KY.

I am looking for some good info on the platform as a whole and specifically
in 6.5 Creedmoor.

-accuracy
-function
-recoil impulse
-finish
-weight
-balance (22" barrel)

JP_zpseb9e970b.jpg

*Please don't turn this into a comparative argument for another builder.
I have a Gap 10 and don't want an OBR.

Thanks in advance.

Re: JP LRP-07 in 6.5 Creedmoor

I hate you... Do it! I've been behind one in a 260 and it's well worth the coin.

It's a Queen. Light recoil, super accurate, fit/finish is like jewelry, functions well with quality mags, my lightest .308, love it.

Oh yeah, pics...

DSC_0768-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've sold a few of them to very happy owners in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Sean </div></div>

Do you stock them in 6.5 Creed?

I own a LRP-07 in 260 and love it.

Fit and finish are truly second to none. Only problem is that it makes very very small groups and they can be hard to see...
wink.gif

If your on the fence about on, get off the fence and order one.

Mine started out with a USO 1.5-6X, but was such an accurate rifle, put a USO 1.8-10X on it.

Compared to an OBR or LMT MWS, it feels like a .556 rifle. Excellent single stage trigger, and because it doesn't have a charging handle on top, can mount a scope very low, obviating the need for a riser or pad for a solid cheek weld.

Take a look. Here's the 1.5-6X USO:

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

Here she is with a Spuhr mount, USO 1.8-10X, waiting for a J-Point.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

I've got a 308 on the way from JP and had a question.

Would you experienced JP shooters consider an additional upper in 6.5 for the same rifle or would you get another entire rifle? I can go either way, but don't mind switching uppers if I can retain the accuracy these rifles are so well known for.

Don't even know if they are available, but I'd like to explore that option. I'm a big 6.5 fan shooting the 6.5x284, 6.5x55 and have dabbles in the 260 a little.

JP sell just uppers, sounds like a plan. Call Mel, see what they say. I bet that they can hook you up.

It says a lot that company probably best known for their 3 gun popularity is being used by guys that are shooting long range .308, .260. 6.5 CM, etc.

JP spins out a nice rifle. I'd love to setup a CTR 02 with a medium barrel and PRS, 22" tube.

0 cant, the SN-3s has enough elevation for me and a .308. Probably should have gotten it, the Spuhr isn't going any where. Those mounts are like bank. Buy one, you'll be ruined.

my bro and i both ordered psc-12 in .308 this will be our first big bore rifles. i originally ordered predatobrs from larue but after 8 months of waiting and no word or update on devilery was to much for me. i ordered from JP on 11-12-12 so i'm hoping i get delivery in about another month. ( WHEN DID YOU ORDER CHOPPERGUY?) To the OP, i considered the 6.5 from JP but i don't reload so the helped sway me to the .308 plus i have other brothers with .308 so we can bum ammo off each other

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopperguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a 308 on the way from JP and had a question.

Would you experienced JP shooters consider an additional upper in 6.5 for the same rifle or would you get another entire rifle? I can go either way, but don't mind switching uppers if I can retain the accuracy these rifles are so well known for.

Don't even know if they are available, but I'd like to explore that option. I'm a big 6.5 fan shooting the 6.5x284, 6.5x55 and have dabbles in the 260 a little. </div></div>

I would say buy another whole gun...Nothing wrong with owning two complete guns... LOL.. I want one of these so bad. Probably in 260 but may like the creedmore as well..

When shooting suppressed do you get gas blow back in your face from the left side charging handle on the JP?

Everyone seems to really like these rifles. Does anyone have a problem with the butt-stock? It seems kinda ugly or plain to me. Is it comfortable? It be replaced with PRS I assume?

i ordered the with the UBR stock. i have heard they are heavy stocks so hopefully it will balance the 20" barrel. i emailed bobro and they said they are machining 30mm extended mounts with moa cant. thats what i'm going to order

I have a JP LRP-7 .308, UBR stock, 18" light contour barrel, 3.5 trigger, extra long handguard, and I love it. Best Ever IMO And also Swarovski Z6i brt scope, and finally a pelican case. I love it more than my wife now.

I don't own one, but I have always admired builders that offer side charging uppers. I don't understand why we don't have more offerings available. Scopes really get in the way with the charging handle...

Also, having the side charging handle on the left side is key
wink.gif

Given the current environment, I went ahead a placed an order for a LRP-07 in 6.5 Creedmoor. 8-12 weeks and the clock starts. NOW.

stang02 the UBR stock is not heavy. It has a great balance with the rifle, and it is one of the lightest .308 AR you can get. Mine is about 9.5lbs with scope, but the balance is the best part of all, this rifle is one of if not the best AR out there. By the way expect it to take more than 12 weeks, mine was about 5 weeks past the due mark, but would have been happy even if it took a year.

thats good news jevan. i was hoping it wouldn't be to heavy. i noticed their website lists the build time at TBD. i'm about 5 weeks into my order. i have an 800+ yard sendero and i'm planning to have alot of fun there.

stang02 I can"t wait until you get yours. You read on these forums about people who have one and you read the magazines about them, but nothing and I mean nothing will compare to opening up you Pelican Case and seeing what PERFECTION really is. JP owners tend to brag a little if you have noticed, well once you pick up a JP and handle it and then take it apart and look inside you will start to see why. But what really puts a smile on a JP owners face is when he pulls that trigger, oh what a sweet trigger too. Then you pull it again, round after round after round. It just cycles like butter, but then you look downrange @ your target, oh its one BIG HOLE. PERFECTION

jevan i hope i get to experience that feeling you have towards a JP rifle. i'm starting to really worry about this possible ban. on a side note , i have a vortex 4-16x50 FFP that i just got for this rifle. I'm looking at a QD mount because i don't know if it will fit my current 511 bag. what height mount would you recommend? bobro said they were machining some with moa.

I used the JP one piece mount for my Swarovski Z6i. Will never lose zero and looks bad ass. And I promise you that not only are you going to get the same JP experience as I did, but every one that I know who has a JP has gotten that same experience. JP Rifles are cosistent when it comes to Quality and Performance. I cannot stop opening up my case and playing with my rifle. My wife says I"m addicted. Best addiction you can have.

I'm glad to hear you pulled the trigger on that purchase already! I'd say you beat the madness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've sold a few of them to very happy owners in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Sean </div></div>

I purchased one from Sean and he modified it a little for me and I absolutely love it!!:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rubicon06on33s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When shooting suppressed do you get gas blow back in your face from the left side charging handle on the JP? </div></div>

I'd also like to know how blow back is with these rifles running surpressed...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rubicon06on33s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When shooting suppressed do you get gas blow back in your face from the left side charging handle on the JP? </div></div>

I'd also like to know how blow back is with these rifles running surpressed...</div></div>

I have been shooting one in 308 and 260 for a couple years now. Although I have not shot it suppressed I imagine the adjustable gas block would make the blowback minimal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given the current environment, I went ahead a placed an order for a LRP-07 in 6.5 Creedmoor. 8-12 weeks and the clock starts. NOW. </div></div>

I placed an order online for the hunting rifle this morning. How long did it take them to call you back to confirm and get payment? I didn't hear from them today, hopefully, I'll hear from them tomorrow. Their phone is constantly busy all day. Sign of the times I guess.

I ordered the CTR02 in 6.5 Grendel in late Oct. They contacted me with two business days to confirm order and take payment. I paid in full(free shipping)..took advantage of the $400.00 dicount for purchasing the JP reticle Trijicon TA01JP4-pack which I will use elsewhere and put it all on my Cabelas card for the Cabela Bucks.. ...Pretty good savings and decent people to deal with, just crossing my fingers that recent events don't gum up the works.

What made ya'll decide 6.5cm vs. the .260?

I have about decided to jump on one, just need to determine what caliber. I'm leaning towards .260 since I can get factory ammo until I get dies. I believe the CM is new-er and don't know much about it other than it shoots the 6.5mm bullets.

Thanks

Very similar ballistics (260/6.5 Creed). Hornady makes good ammo for the 6.5 Creedmoor in 120 and 140 Amaxes for around $25.00 per 20.

I understand 6.5 Creedmoor works slightly better in a 308 AR mag (2.8" OAL) as the case is .11" shorter and you can load the bullets longer.

I have shot one in 260 and it was special.

Cool deal, my cost on the 6.5CM Hornady is pretty good, much better than any .260 I can get. Thanks for the help!