• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07 Wait times?

chrisfs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2013
What were your wait times if you purchased an LRP direct from JP in the last 6 months to a year?

I just ordered one and was told 8-10 weeks. It would have been 6-8 weeks but I asked for full creokote on the rifle.

if you're asking because you're looking, also check out gunbroker, might find one that suits you there vs a wait.

Oh I ordered one but am on week 7 and heard it may be delayed 3-4 weeks. Was wondering how everyone else was faring with wait times. @Ruskie74 I got Cerakote also, so maybe that played a part.

Placed my order March 1st and expect it to be another 1-2 weeks out. I'll give an update once I get it. It's hard sitting in the dark for so long but I know it'll be worth it. Just ordered a can for it and that'll be an even longer wait :cry:

Reactions: chrisfs
You can Thank LOW LIGHT for your extended wait time. Frank's recent Review of the LRP-07 in 6.5 CM brought alot of people to the Light, .. Holly Shit!! Semi Auto rifles are just as accurate as most Custom Bolt Rifles..

When that Video debuted I even felt the pressure from the massive hard-on John Paul got.

I believe it just getting antsy. Kid hovering towards Xmas type thing I guess.

Placed my order March 1st and expect it to be another 1-2 weeks out. I'll give an update once I get it. It's hard sitting in the dark for so long but I know it'll be worth it. Just ordered a can for it and that'll be an even longer wait :cry:
What did you go with for caliber and can?

I have friends that have wated 3x the stated wait ordering from JP therefore I have always gone through Gun Broker or Mile High for my JP's.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I'll temper my expectations of when my rifle arrives. I hope they will be adding the new improvements they announced around Shot Show with the delay.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I'll temper my expectations of when my rifle arrives. I hope they will be adding the new improvements they announced around Shot Show with the delay.

For real. Same here.

I was in touch with Ben yesterday and asked if my LRP-07 was still on schedule for a 6-8 week delivery (ordered April 10). He said they've been running on the long side of the estimated delivery schedule but should be pretty close to the 8 week mark. Mine is just black, no Cerakote or anything unusual.

@mccannicalbob let us know when you hear back from em. I've got a full custom LRP07 in the works so I expected my wait to exceed the 6-8 week time frame.

Dustin told me I'm looking at a potential 3-4 week delay. I got a Cerakote finish but otherwise nothing outside of their catalog. Wouldn't think Cerakote would cause a month delay. Must be other delays.

Dustin told me I'm looking at a potential 3-4 week delay. I got a Cerakote finish but otherwise nothing outside of their catalog. Wouldn't think Cerakote would cause a month delay. Must be other delays.
During the order process it does say adding cerakote causes a 3-4 week delay. I don't think they keep anything but black rifles in stock, they only cerakote on demand.

During the order process it does say adding cerakote causes a 3-4 week delay. I don't think they keep anything but black rifles in stock, they only cerakote on demand.
Ah ok. Sucks but it'll be worth it!

Well it is on its way. They delivered it right at the 11 week mark, to the freaking day. Their rifle completion estimates are on point. Should be in my hands this Friday. @Lowlight stole my thunder as my rifle looks exactly like his new 224V JP. I'll post more pics though, and let me know if you want specific angles.

8 weeks yesterday and no word. Nothing special on mine that should stretch out the schedule so I'm hoping I'm really close.

I recieved a call from JP on May 29 after initially speaking with them at the NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas. After going over my build I was quoted an 8-10 week build time w/ no Cerakote. The rep (think it was Dustin??) said they had a similar rifle to the one I wanted but with a slightly shorter barrel and different handguard. Impulsiveness got the best of me and my LRP-07 arrived at my FFL on June 5!

I recieved a call from JP on May 29 after initially speaking with them at the NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas. After going over my build I was quoted an 8-10 week build time w/ no Cerakote. The rep (think it was Dustin??) said they had a similar rifle to the one I wanted but with a slightly shorter barrel and different handguard. Impulsiveness got the best of me and my LRP-07 arrived at my FFL on June 5!
Awesome!!

8 weeks yesterday and no word. Nothing special on mine that should stretch out the schedule so I'm hoping I'm really close.
Im in my 11th week and heard it's a week or two out. Hopefully they land soon!!!

If you need one fast, call Arnzen Arms in Eden Prairie MN. They usually have a decent selection Or have them on the way.

Was going to post this a while ago but I've been slammed with work. Here you go.
JP_Glamour2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the club! What's your setup like?
6.5 Creed, ALL black with blue safeties and thermal dissipator, large profile brake, rapid config fore end, LMOS and gen 2 SCS. I put a Luth-AR stock and MOE grip on it, and a Burris XTR II 4-20 scope. 13 lbs.

6.5 Creed, ALL black with blue safeties and thermal dissipator, large profile brake, rapid config fore end, LMOS and gen 2 SCS. I put a Luth-AR stock and MOE grip on it, and a Burris XTR II 4-20 scope. 13 lbs.
It appears it was worth the wait, too. I was able to get it out for sighting in this morning. At first I was a bit underwhelmed, but it came around quickly. Probably me getting used to the single stage trigger. Anyway, following the JP break in procedure, my last two 5-shot groups were right at 1/2" at 100 yards with Hornady 140g ELD-M and Hornady 140g BTHP (cheap ammo shooting 1/2" groups!). I'm in love with this thing.

Nice, I just need a scope and a mount before I hit the range with mine. It'll be several more months before that happens though...
@mccannicalbob How was the recoil impulse for the first several shots? Did you get too fatigued with the large caliber recoil and such?

Recoil is minimal. I didn't even touch the gas block and it ran great. Ejection is really strong, so I could probably turn down the gas a bit and it will still run with even less recoil. I was shooting from a bag and I couldn't quite see my shots hit (at 100) but it doesn't move much at all when fired. Again, if I mess with the gas I may be able to lower recoil even more. For long shots it should be really easy to see hits. I only shot about 40 rounds; I could shoot this all day without recoil being a problem. It's honestly very close to a .223.

Recoil is minimal. I didn't even touch the gas block and it ran great. Ejection is really strong, so I could probably turn down the gas a bit and it will still run with even less recoil. I was shooting from a bag and I couldn't quite see my shots hit (at 100) but it doesn't move much at all when fired. Again, if I mess with the gas I may be able to lower recoil even more. For long shots it should be really easy to see hits. I only shot about 40 rounds; I could shoot this all day without recoil being a problem. It's honestly very close to a .223.

Awesome, that is great to hear! Was the brass mangled on ejection? I'd like to be able to reload the brass.

JP's hold value well, right? This feels like such a bummer to the spirit of the thread but may need to let it go and get another down the road.

I would say so. You're not gonna get all your money back but you should be able to sell it for 95% of what you paid for it. Problem is if you did a one off custom it might be harder.

I would say so. You're not gonna get all your money back but you should be able to sell it for 95% of what you paid for it. Problem is if you did a one off custom it might be harder.
Only customization was cerakote but burnt bronze. Nothing real out there.

Awesome, that is great to hear! Was the brass mangled on ejection? I'd like to be able to reload the brass.
Brass is in good shape though as a turned back the gas the mouths got dinged up, but nothing that would keep you from reloading. I was lucky enough to get out yesterday and shoot out to 960 yes. Even in a stiff wind (holding 2 mil right) I kept shots in about a 12"-16" circle. It's weird to be able to see the spots appear on the target, due to so little movement when recoiling.

Reactions: Srikaleak